Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #15
dmax86

Drives: 2016 Z06 C7R
there other important things in life... this is true! but i have learned to respect someones passion no matter what it is! if you disrespect there passion/hobby you will lose there respect!

I had my mother-in-law park in a parking garage on a floor where nobody was and find the only car there and park inches from it! she gets out and her purse swipes the car as a gasp and TRY to bite my tongue... but i couldnt! i ask her why she let her purse hit that car and why did you park RIGHT next to it?? do you know what that is??? (regardless of what it is i respect others property), but in this case it was a brand new Aston Martin DB9!!! and her reply was..... everyone say it with me.... "its just a car!"
Old 08-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #16
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
The anger has to do with how long it takes us to take care of swirl marks and small scratches. If it were Porsche paint, the maintenance effort would be less and so would our anger over someone leaning on the fender.

Basically, I think that if GM put a better paint finish on the car, we would be less anal about things like that, and we would enjoy our cars even more.
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:44 AM   #17
green man

Drives: 1SS/RS M6
It's just a car, it ranks pretty low on my life's totem pole, behind my kids, dogs, wife, house...

That being said; it's my ****ing car, stay the **** off it.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:57 AM   #18
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Sorry ,but I do agree that it's just a car. There's a lot of other things in life way more important than a car. But, this doesn't mean that I want people messing with it. What your talking about is respect ,and it seems as though very few people have that now a days.
You're missing the point. The car vs another life (or even the life of an animal) then yes its just a car. But the car vs some inconsiderate prick's need for a place to put their ass. Its not just a car, so GTF off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Yes. there are quite a few "its just a car" comments. These are typically people who feel they get to decide what is important and of value to YOU.

Oddly enough they always think their "point of view" is more than "just an opinion".
Kinda like the people who door ding you and just walk away.... Well its just a ding!
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #19
dmax86

Drives: 2016 Z06 C7R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
You're missing the point. The car vs another life (or even the life of an animal) then yes its just a car. But the car vs some inconsiderate prick's need for a place to put their ass. Its not just a car, so GTF off!

Kinda like the people who door ding you and just walk away.... Well its just a ding!

id like to see your live reaction when some chick does it to your new car! i would love to see you thank her for the life lesson of "its just a car!" ....
Old 08-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #20
GATORJAK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax86 View Post
there other important things in life... this is true! but i have learned to respect someones passion no matter what it is! if you disrespect there passion/hobby you will lose there respect!

I had my mother-in-law park in a parking garage on a floor where nobody was and find the only car there and park inches from it! she gets out and her purse swipes the car as a gasp and TRY to bite my tongue... but i couldnt! i ask her why she let her purse hit that car and why did you park RIGHT next to it?? do you know what that is??? (regardless of what it is i respect others property), but in this case it was a brand new Aston Martin DB9!!! and her reply was..... everyone say it with me.... "its just a car!"
Old 08-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #21
2KWIK4U

Drives: 1969 Camaro and 2014 Camaro vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Tell them, if you would have wanted to buy a car with a person attached to it, you would have purchased it that way, and you'd have chosen one with someone smarter and way better and looking they they were, so back off you ugly dummy.........

" I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" -John Wayne "The Shootist"
2KWIK4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #22
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Punch them in the face and say "Its just a nose"

funniest response imo
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:15 AM   #23
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Saw a sigh at a show last month "don't lean on me unless your nude"...
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #24
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by green man View Post
It's just a car, it ranks pretty low on my life's totem pole, behind my kids, dogs, wife, house...

That being said; it's my ****ing car, stay the **** off it.

Amen I really agree
It is "just a car" when it come to my family, I can replace the car, My wife and kids no. and then they know how I feel about my cars so to them it's not just a car it's my toy, my hobby, my passion (when I'm not chasing the wife around the house) So to the rest of the screwed up world,
I'ts not just some ****ing car
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:33 AM   #25
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
Quote:

Door dingers get a kick to their door. The MotherF'ers that know they dinged and are busted while doing it then shrug it off and walk away. At that point they get the boot.

I had one lady ding me knew she did and said sorry and left. She left with causing a ding and a paint chip. She came back to her car with a police officer waiting. She was issued 2 tickets for damage to property and leaving the scene.

I had some rich snob ding me with his BMW and left. I went home got the winter beater and issued one right back.

I will park in bufoo egypt at any store or on a angle that take 2 spots if I had to.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:33 AM   #26
slacker
Troubled 40 something

Drives: 2010 IOM RS/SS M6
Quote:
Punch them in the face and say "Its just a nose"
Rouge Leader for President!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #27
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
I actually have two close friends, one who treats it like it should be, and the other one who's constantly leaning on it, leaving trash in it, and SLAMS THE DOOR SO HARD I FEEL THE CAR SHAKE. It doesn't matter what I say to her it doesn't get through, It's just some people don't "get it"..

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #28
Asylum
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Black on Black Manual 6
If you look at this car as "just a car" then you probably shouldn't be on this forum.

Boy I cant wait to see the heat that comment generates but think about it just for a second.

It stopped being 'just a car' when you signed up to this forum. Clearly demonstrating that the 'car' has more meaning than just a means of transportation.

If the Camaro is just a car to you, then I suspect it was purchased because you needed a means of transportation.. didn't care what it costs, or what brand. thus bringing me to the above question.. why sign up?

Anyone on this forum (IN MY OPPINION) who refers to the Camaro as "just a car" i.e., it has no sense of pride or accomplishment, or pleasure associated to it probably shouldn't have wasted signing up on this forum..

My dads Lincoln Navigator is literally ''just a car'' . He wanted something big, classy, safe.. but I dont see him signing up on forums, attending meets ect.

Anyways,
Back on point
When someone says its just a car, it PROVES that they just don't give two shits about a car like you do. Its not their fault, and they are not wrong.. but when somoene says its just a car, understand that they have different interests.
in your eyes, its an accomplishment, a statement, a pride thing, a reason to goto work, who knows.. but the point is.

To you, the owner, the person who decided I WANT A ****ING CAMARO.. it will ALWAYS be more than 'just a car'.

./ end rant.
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote