Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #267
fast34me

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
M/M isn't going to provide remedy for everyone. If a ASA GM certified tech. performed your mods, at a GM Chevrolet Dealership, using GM over the counter parts, and they ignore you, it's not only partial, and/or complete breach of contract, it is BAD FAITH. They will make you whole, or pay a compensatory AND punitive award. Enough of these issues are common enough, to seek class action status. Do your own research so YOU understand what should happen, and can't have a service manager, a Customer Care ASSistant, or Lawyer looking for a quick ez fee, blow smoke up your posterior.
fast34me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #268
CamaroBC

Drives: Cyber Grey 2LT RS Coupe
I have a question that seemed to have started small, but has raised more questions.
A while back I hit a pot hole that cracked the rim. I immediately paid for a new wheel out of pocket. The car still was not right, so I had it looked at by 4 different shops. 2 diagnosed the inner tierod needed replacement, 1 shop could not find the exact problem and said the tie rod was ok.

My Dealer GM shop said the Tie rod was ok, the tech assigned to work on it acknowledged that while there was more complicated work that was necessary to keep my alignment from being in the red (which he seemed unwilling or untrained to do) that it was ok, and instead of addressing the actual work needed to be done, he then instead further misaligned the opposite wheel putting IT in the red also, to compensate for the original wheels problem. The customer service agent I was dealing with then basically said all was good and sent me on my way. This after spending all day in the shop. The felt horrible to steer, It wasn't until after this visit that I received the second diagnosis that the tie rod needed replacement by another source.

So basically my questions are:
1-Is there need for escalation here? I was very forthcoming with all information about the wheel, and some how they were unable to detect that the tie rod needed replacement? I was charged $130 for God knows what, probably the further misalignment of the car.
2-Is a busted tierod not covered under warranty in which there was no collision with any vehicle?
and 3-At the very least should'nt I get a proper alignment with the money I spent or a refund? If the car was unable to be properly aligned due to a further problems which for whatever reason they could not detect...but everyone else could,...then why was an alignment attempted? Shouldnt they have said "we can not achieve a proper alignment due to a problem in your wheel..." and go from there? Why further mess up the alignment? Why charge me for that? Why not just tell me I need a new Tierod?

Unless the work is covered under warranty which I can now understand why they did not want to do it. But what they did was very dangerous because steering conditions are that horrible. Whats my best course of action here.
CamaroBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:00 AM   #269
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBC View Post
I have a question that seemed to have started small, but has raised more questions.
A while back I hit a pot hole that cracked the rim. I immediately paid for a new wheel out of pocket. The car still was not right, so I had it looked at by 4 different shops. 2 diagnosed the inner tierod needed replacement, 1 shop could not find the exact problem and said the tie rod was ok.

My Dealer GM shop said the Tie rod was ok, the tech assigned to work on it acknowledged that while there was more complicated work that was necessary to keep my alignment from being in the red (which he seemed unwilling or untrained to do) that it was ok, and instead of addressing the actual work needed to be done, he then instead further misaligned the opposite wheel putting IT in the red also, to compensate for the original wheels problem. The customer service agent I was dealing with then basically said all was good and sent me on my way. This after spending all day in the shop. The felt horrible to steer, It wasn't until after this visit that I received the second diagnosis that the tie rod needed replacement by another source.

1-Is there need for escalation here? I was very forthcoming with all information about the wheel, and some how they were unable to detect that the tie rod needed replacement? I was charged $130 for God knows what, probably the further misalignment of the car.
2-Is a busted tierod not covered under warranty in which there was no collision with any vehicle?
and 3-At the very least should'nt I get a proper alignment with the money I spent or a refund? If the car was unable to be properly aligned due to a further problems which for whatever reason they could not detect...but everyone else could,...then why was an alignment attempted? Shouldnt they have said "we can not achieve a proper alignment due to a problem in your wheel..." and go from there? Why further mess up the alignment? Why charge me for that? Why not just tell me I need a new Tierod?

Unless the work is covered under warranty which I can now understand why they did not want to do it. But what they did was very dangerous because steering conditions are that horrible. Whats my best course of action here.
If ur tie rod needs to be replaced. IT wont be under warranty ...these wear out from street conditions. Whixh will not be covered..wear n tear is not covered..as foe the alignment. They charged u for time.probably..they shouldnt have touched your other wheel if the other wheel was not aligning properly. lutting the other one in the red does not help the other wheel it judt makes both of them bad now.. I would go back to.that shop(where did u go?) and get answers as to y thy did that and u want all wheels as close to.spec as possible and if the tie.rod needs replacment then replace it.. 130 bucks foe them to.mess up your alignment is just not.right..u shouldnt have excepted it from them.bro..wether the work is covered under warranty or not it dont matter..ts there job to.fix the.problem with the car. Shoot.me a text we can talk about it. Id really like to know what shops u went too.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #270
CamaroBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
If ur tie rod needs to be replaced. IT wont be under warranty ...these wear out from street conditions. Whixh will not be covered..wear n tear is not covered..as foe the alignment. They charged u for time.probably..they shouldnt have touched your other wheel if the other wheel was not aligning properly. lutting the other one in the red does not help the other wheel it judt makes both of them bad now.. I would go back to.that shop(where did u go?) and get answers as to y thy did that and u want all wheels as close to.spec as possible and if the tie.rod needs replacment then replace it.. 130 bucks foe them to.mess up your alignment is just not.right..u shouldnt have excepted it from them.bro..wether the work is covered under warranty or not it dont matter..ts there job to.fix the.problem with the car. Shoot.me a text we can talk about it. Id really like to know what shops u went too.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Man in was my dealer shop in queens. my dealer did this lol.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #271
fast34me

Involve the State Attorneys' General

§ 20‑351.6. Civil action by the Attorney General.

Whenever, in his opinion, the interests of the public require it, it shall be the duty of the Attorney General upon his ascertaining that any of the provisions of this Article have been violated by the manufacturer to bring a civil action in the name of the State, or any officer or department thereof as provided by law, or in the name of the State on relation of the Attorney General. (1987, c. 385, s. 1.)

NCGS 20-351 Article 15A

GM ignored the NC laws on the books.

They are afoul of NCGS 20-351.3, 20-351.5

They refused to refund or replace, which allows the damages to be trebled. After 4 attempts, 56 days of being in the shop, my transmission's still junk, and hasn't even been removed from the car after a catastrophic failure. Who's running this asylum?
Old 06-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #272
rdaggett

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS
313-667-7153 GM HQ

He said he liked my car and let me off with a warning. Next Day I got a ticket ....
rdaggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #273
Black Wasp

Drives: 2SS Auto
So I have patiently bit my tongue and what not for the past two weeks about my camaro. Ever since I traded it in for a SS I have had nothing but problems. I took my 2011 brand new Camaro in for a vibration and everything has went down hill from there. The service tech e said he "thinks" its the drive shaft turns out it wasn't yet he did not call me to tell me this I had to call nor that I had to wait 3 extra days because he "forgot" to order the drive shaft fastners. Since then my car has been at the dealer for 2 consecutive weeks and of that I have had one phone call from the dealer. Even after a field tech engineer came out to pretty much do research and development and he still has no idea and it seems like a car I am paying on is a ginuea pig.They are still trying to figure out the problem supposedly but don't feel the need to contact me to let me know what is going on makes no sense to me. Not to mention I have only had it a little of 4 weeks and it's spent half of that in a shop. The fact that the gm or the dealer nor the service director has placed a call speaks volumes about the lack of acknowledgement of the problem. It's just really frustrating that the is a TOTAL lack of communication.
Black Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:14 AM   #274
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Wasp View Post
So I have patiently bit my tongue and what not for the past two weeks about my camaro. Ever since I traded it in for a SS I have had nothing but problems. I took my 2011 brand new Camaro in for a vibration and everything has went down hill from there. The service tech e said he "thinks" its the drive shaft turns out it wasn't yet he did not call me to tell me this I had to call nor that I had to wait 3 extra days because he "forgot" to order the drive shaft fastners. Since then my car has been at the dealer for 2 consecutive weeks and of that I have had one phone call from the dealer. Even after a field tech engineer came out to pretty much do research and development and he still has no idea and it seems like a car I am paying on is a ginuea pig.They are still trying to figure out the problem supposedly but don't feel the need to contact me to let me know what is going on makes no sense to me. Not to mention I have only had it a little of 4 weeks and it's spent half of that in a shop. The fact that the gm or the dealer nor the service director has placed a call speaks volumes about the lack of acknowledgement of the problem. It's just really frustrating that the is a TOTAL lack of communication.
I apologize for any inconveniences you may be experiencing with this issue. If you could please send me any information, I would like to research this concern further. I just need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership. I look forward to working with you!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #275
Black Wasp

Drives: 2SS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I apologize for any inconveniences you may be experiencing with this issue. If you could please send me any information, I would like to research this concern further. I just need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership. I look forward to working with you!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

PM SENT!
Black Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #276
phantomfuzzie

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro
OK .. Here's to hoping this gets resolved soon. I bought my 2012 Camaro in January of this year. She went in this past weekend for her first 7500 mile service. I mentioned that she was giving me a bit of a "shiver", "shudder" sometimes at a red light, but it wasn't consistent. I was told .. "she's got to have personality" .. Monday, I notice that between 1500 - 1900 RPM's EVERY gear she "shudders" ALOT. but being the good analyst I am, I start keeping a mental note of what I'm doing, what the car's doing, is it in automatic only or when using the manual flippers, etc before all this fun stuff starts happening. The "shudder" starts getting progressively worse. Now it's Tuesday, I've got the RPM range down, I've got what she's doing down .. now for the final test .. lets get on the interstate!! WELL WELL WELL .. If I had any loose teeth they are now gone I can assure you of that. She shook, shuddered, shimmied through the 1500-1900RPM range during the complete time frame of my 'ATTEMPTING' to get to 70 MPH!! during the hour long ride I've been trying to call the dealership. I keep getting disconnected, so I use my onstar to call maybe it's my cell having issues, same thing. At this point, I know the service dept is closed, but i'm going there anyway. Luckily Mr "she's got a personality" is still there!! I tell him what's going on, he says bring her in we'll find out what it is. I put her in the shop Wednesday, then I'm told we can put you in a car however you have to put up a deposit .. uuuuuuuuuuh ..no I don't, I haven't budgeted for a deposit on a car that I wasn't supposed to be having to drive. I was planning on having the ability to drive "MY CAR". So, I'm told well ok, maybe we can "squeeze" it in as we will be driving you home. You guessed it, NOPE she didn't get squeezed in until today!! And I'm told, well it's the torque convertor. We've ordered the part, however its not going to be here until next week if we're lucky. so plan on being in a rental. OK, but I"m NOT paying a deposit for a rental - once again, I have my own car that I am paying for!! I don't want to be paying for a rental. So they send dude to come get me, and take me to the rental place. Now, not to seem ungrateful or anything but what part of I drive a Camaro says put me in a 4 door chevy cruze??? So, now to add insult to injury, i'm told that my part has gone from "ordered" to "back-order" .. back what you say?? needless to say, at this point I've VERY UNHAPPY!! and having flashbacks to the last GM product I purchased that was in the shop and had engineers being sent down because it couldn't keep rear ends under itself!!! it took me 12 years to build confidence back to buy another brand new GM product and I'm being faced with THIS!!! NOT HAPPY IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!!!
phantomfuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #277
fast34me

Research the lemon laws, and make sure to make any mandatory notifications based on your warranty.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #278
phantomfuzzie

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast34me View Post
Research the lemon laws, and make sure to make any mandatory notifications based on your warranty.
already have looked them up, and as this is the "first" instance I will be keeping documentation and counting.
phantomfuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #279
CamaroBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfuzzie View Post
OK .. Here's to hoping this gets resolved soon. I bought my 2012 Camaro in January of this year. She went in this past weekend for her first 7500 mile service. I mentioned that she was giving me a bit of a "shiver", "shudder" sometimes at a red light, but it wasn't consistent. I was told .. "she's got to have personality" .. Monday, I notice that between 1500 - 1900 RPM's EVERY gear she "shudders" ALOT. but being the good analyst I am, I start keeping a mental note of what I'm doing, what the car's doing, is it in automatic only or when using the manual flippers, etc before all this fun stuff starts happening. The "shudder" starts getting progressively worse. Now it's Tuesday, I've got the RPM range down, I've got what she's doing down .. now for the final test .. lets get on the interstate!! WELL WELL WELL .. If I had any loose teeth they are now gone I can assure you of that. She shook, shuddered, shimmied through the 1500-1900RPM range during the complete time frame of my 'ATTEMPTING' to get to 70 MPH!! during the hour long ride I've been trying to call the dealership. I keep getting disconnected, so I use my onstar to call maybe it's my cell having issues, same thing. At this point, I know the service dept is closed, but i'm going there anyway. Luckily Mr "she's got a personality" is still there!! I tell him what's going on, he says bring her in we'll find out what it is. I put her in the shop Wednesday, then I'm told we can put you in a car however you have to put up a deposit .. uuuuuuuuuuh ..no I don't, I haven't budgeted for a deposit on a car that I wasn't supposed to be having to drive. I was planning on having the ability to drive "MY CAR". So, I'm told well ok, maybe we can "squeeze" it in as we will be driving you home. You guessed it, NOPE she didn't get squeezed in until today!! And I'm told, well it's the torque convertor. We've ordered the part, however its not going to be here until next week if we're lucky. so plan on being in a rental. OK, but I"m NOT paying a deposit for a rental - once again, I have my own car that I am paying for!! I don't want to be paying for a rental. So they send dude to come get me, and take me to the rental place. Now, not to seem ungrateful or anything but what part of I drive a Camaro says put me in a 4 door chevy cruze??? So, now to add insult to injury, i'm told that my part has gone from "ordered" to "back-order" .. back what you say?? needless to say, at this point I've VERY UNHAPPY!! and having flashbacks to the last GM product I purchased that was in the shop and had engineers being sent down because it couldn't keep rear ends under itself!!! it took me 12 years to build confidence back to buy another brand new GM product and I'm being faced with THIS!!! NOT HAPPY IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!!!

I know your pain.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #280
CamaroBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBC View Post

Long story short, I was offered BY my dealer GM shop, to replace my Tie Rod under warranty. Shocker amazing. I placed a small mark on the inner tie rod. After the work was done, i checked under the car the marks were still there. They must've some how tightened up the feel of the steering and still did not replace the tie rod, but the alignment is still not within Specs, and the steering still leans and the ride is still rough and wobbly over bumps. So should I turn this into an ugly situation now? the guy lied and said it was it met specs, and said the tie rod was replaced.