Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 07-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #267
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
from post 248 on 6/27
Quote:
we should be on the Dyno in about 2-1/2 weeks
That could only mean from today it's:

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #268
ZED SLED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Doing 120mph parade laps on Watkins Glen after the Grand Am race Saturday. Guess the ugly chick is gonna have to hack and spew her way through it.
Track was wet, so all the ugly chick had to do was lay on her back, lest the ZL1 try to keel me!

Old 07-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #269
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Looks like the fat chick is settling in for the long haul.

The hot chick called to say she's having trouble raising enough money for the bus fare to get here.

HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #270
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
There are differences. I don't know the exact differences because I'm not the engineer, but I know that they were changed.
You need to start giving these guys something other than the run around, this thread is a year and a half old now. You either don't have a product and need to say so that way these people can move on to something else or you need to show something because I and many others don't believe you anymore. It does not take that long to design and produce a product when essentially these things are all very similar. Don't take this message personal but what you have been doing is an extremely bad business practice.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #271
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
You know...this thread has me thinking....

Maybe the fat chick is just easier to please and less maintenance? lol
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #272
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post
You need to start giving these guys something other than the run around, this thread is a year and a half old now. You either don't have a product and need to say so that way these people can move on to something else or you need to show something because I and many others don't believe you anymore. It does not take that long to design and produce a product when essentially these things are all very similar. Don't take this message personal but what you have been doing is an extremely bad business practice.
We are not giving any run around, we are telling you what is actually going on, it is just taking a lot longer than everyone planned on or would like. The ZL1 CAI is 1 out of like 100 things that are getting worked on right now, not that it is not important, but we have to spread time and resources among many things. Just to give you a glimpse into our schedule, Tuesday we had a new CNC machine the size of a Suburban show up so we were rigging and setting that all day. Wednesday we got up at 3am to fly down and film our Two Guys Garage episode and did not return until 2:30 am the next day (we did the trip in one day without staying there so we could get back to work the next day). Yesterday another new machine arrived that had to vbe dealt with and the day was spent with contractors for digging a pit for the Dyno we are getting installed next month.

As for your comment, nothing on this CAI is the same, it is completely different and has design features that we have never done before. This means we had to do a lot more testing and engineering than usual. If the ZL1 was all we worked on then yes it could have been done sooner, and we actually had a "finished" product done a long time ago but we were not happy with the results so we started over. We had to design and make a billet housing (out of one solid block of aluminum) to get the airflow we needed. If we did plastic mold injection intakes it would be a much faster process, but that's not what we do.

The simple fact is that right now we are waiting on the filter mold to be finished, which should be any day now. Once we have that this will be on the Dyno, which we have to schedule time for, and then we should have a lot of information after that. It's a lot of "hurry up and wait" as we produce molds and test pieces to test. There is no reason for us to string people along on this, we doing the best we can with what we have to get the best product we can to market as fast as possible.

IF YOU DONT WANT TO WAIT FOR OUR CAI WE UNDERSTAND, FOR THOSE WILLING TO WAIT WE ARE WORKING ON IT AND ARE VERY CLOSE TO HAVING SOMETHING.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #273
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
When this CAI finally hits the market it MUST blow all competition out of the water with performance numbers or all of this wait was for nothing.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #274
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Lol I don't understand what could possibly be taking so long (over a year) with an airbox and some piping. Rotofab got theirs to market with the quickness, and it's a great product. CAI inc. laughing when people call rotofab the fat chick is funny to me when they don't even have a proto type to show us pictures of. You tell us the numbers are so much better than the competition, but there is no picture or video of said testing. If that actually happened, and there were no photographs or videos taken, somebody made a terribad decision - especially given how long you guys have been talking about this mysterious product. It's laughable at this point.
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #275
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
Lol I don't understand what could possibly be taking so long (over a year) with an airbox and some piping. Rotofab got theirs to market with the quickness, and it's a great product. CAI inc. laughing when people call rotofab the fat chick is funny to me when they don't even have a proto type to show us pictures of. You tell us the numbers are so much better than the competition, but there is no picture or video of said testing. If that actually happened, and there were no photographs or videos taken, somebody made a terribad decision - especially given how long you guys have been talking about this mysterious product. It's laughable at this point.
Again, you obviously did not read my previous posts, and you're right you don't understand, and unless you worked here and seen what we have done for this CAI you wouldn't. At this point it is fruitless to have this conversation with you or anyone else for the 10th time. And btw we never said our HP gains were better, we never even tested that yet, we were looking at airflow #'s.

The majority of CAI manufacturers do not even have a CAI for this vehicle platform, and are taking just as long, you just don't know it because they did not try to include you in the process by posting on a public forum about it. They tell you when the CAI is released and that's it. After this I completely understand why they take that approach, and it is the approach we will be taking in the future.

The next time I post on this thread will be when we have taken the CAI off the Dyno and have some product details, photos. etc. I will not be replying to any more comments of regurgitating the same complaints and opinions over and over. For those of you who get what we are doing and are patiently waiting for your CAI, feel free to PM, email, or call us and we can give you more detailed information. Thanks.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #276
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
You tell him, Bill!!!

Some of us wait for quality.
Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #277
KKreme15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Again, you obviously did not read my previous posts, and you're right you don't understand, and unless you worked here and seen what we have done for this CAI you wouldn't. At this point it is fruitless to have this conversation with you or anyone else for the 10th time. And btw we never said our HP gains were better, we never even tested that yet, we were looking at airflow #'s.

The majority of CAI manufacturers do not even have a CAI for this vehicle platform, and are taking just as long, you just don't know it because they did not try to include you in the process by posting on a public forum about it. They tell you when the CAI is released and that's it. After this I completely understand why they take that approach, and it is the approach we will be taking in the future.

The next time I post on this thread will be when we have taken the CAI off the Dyno and have some product details, photos. etc. I will not be replying to any more comments of regurgitating the same complaints and opinions over and over. For those of you who get what we are doing and are patiently waiting for your CAI, feel free to PM, email, or call us and we can give you more detailed information. Thanks.
I never said anything about HP gains. I was talking about your airflow numbers.

And good idea about not making a thread until you have something. The main point of my criticism is the fact that this CAI has always been "coming soon". When in reality, it has always been months away
Old 07-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #278
KKreme15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySportRand View Post
You tell him, Bill!!!

Do you have your car yet? How long should one wait for quality? People have been running rotofab intakes on ZL1's for over a year now lol
Old 07-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #279
ZED SLED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
I started that and it was in no way directed at one company in particular. Rotofab isn't the only company producing intakes. I do a lot of car shows and closed top systems are simply more customizable, which is where I'm headed. I don't think anyone can deny that CAI's is one of the best looking units out there. I also refer to the stock box as the ugly chick. Don't think anyone can deny that either, but it functions which is all it is intended to do. I know most of you guys are in it for numbers at the strip, but that's not me. If one makes 3 more whp than another I don't care. The fat chick and ugly chick comments were just metaphors directed at aesthetics, nothing more, nothing less. Just wanted to clear that up.

Bill, thanks for the update, and I'm behind you guys 100%. I'll be looking forward to getting that pre-order e-mail.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #280
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySportRand View Post
You tell him, Bill!!!

Define quality.

You don't even know what you're waiting for at this point

In the meantime, most ZL1 owners are already running the competitions product which has PROVEN quality and PROVEN gains and has been on the market for well over a year.

I'm amazed anyone is patient enough to still be waiting for this product