Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-03-2016, 09:45 AM   #281
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by failshift View Post
Most useless argument ever. ALTIMA'S outsell GTRs like 100:1 so they must be Nissans best car.
This is why I call some of you V8 guys disingenuous. When we post FACTS, you brush them off and continue your same, old, tired, narrative.
Tenacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:52 AM   #282
RvdB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 LT RS package
In my 4 cil country i am king with my 3.6 V6 "big"engine
Anyway if i want performance i cut off another 3 cylindres, hop on my Triumph Speedtriple and the only V6 en V8,s i see are in my rearview mirror
Old 08-03-2016, 09:55 AM   #283
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Everybody pack your sh#t up and move over to the "Why did i get a v8 thread" We have another ball bustin thread that about to take off and its not even on 24s yet but its rollin.
Hahah.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:56 AM   #284
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
But you saying "I'm not a car guy" means what exactly? Does it mean I don't know JACK SHYT about cars? That wouldn't be true, I know more than the average person but not more than a guy that works in a repair shop or manufacturing plant.

The "I'm not a car guy" is just another personal ATTACK from a V8 guy to a V6 guy. Dude it's getting old lol. It's either we are driving knock off Chinese Camaros, we aren't driving a "real" Camaro, we have little dycks, we are fags, or we aren't "CAR GUYS"........damn it dude lol, some of us just do NOT want to buy an overkill V8 package for a daily driver. That's really all it comes down to dude. Our dycks aren't little lol.

I've been saying "why can't we all just get along" this entire time. But of course the next 3 pages will be filled with more comments about how we all drive Chinese knock-offs, have little dycks, get periods every month, and aren't CAR GUYS.

It's stupid, it's misinformed, it's inaccurate, and it's stupid for us V6 guys to have to tell "you car guys" about the damn benefits of modern V6 Technology like you DON'T already know this.

Trust me, those 75% of people who bought the Camaro V6 can buy the V8 option. We aren't broke. We aren't on welfare. We aren't starving. We didn't buy the V8 because we don't fvcking NEED the options that are included with it.
I've not once taken a shot at the v6 or you being inferior in any way, I have in-fact upheld that it's a great car, and everybody should drive whatever works for them. However you're coming back at me like I've attacked you in some personal way. Not once.

I fairly called you out on the V4-I4 thing, which was what I would consider legitimate proof that you have very little interest in what makes a car "go". Anybody that calls themselves a "car guy" (whatever the heck that even means) would be very interested in what makes their car "go" and ought to know at least some real basic about the engines in the cars they are so interested in.

So by your responses I'm getting the sense that you just want to argue for the sake of arguing and may have some sort of inferiority complex. I don't know where anybody said you had a little dick and were on welfare. I'm sorry if you were offended by the fact that a V8 guy called you out on not being a legit "car guy" - if I had a v6 Camaro you probably would have taken it better.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:00 AM   #285
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
I've not once taken a shot at the v6 or you being inferior in any way, I have in-fact upheld that it's a great car, and everybody should drive whatever works for them. However you're coming back at me like I've attacked you in some personal way. Not once.
Well I was just referring to comments from V8 guys on here in general. Look, I respect V8 guys okay? You know why? You got what you WANTED for the lifestyle you live.

- Most V8 guys I know live at the tracks

Based on that, if you want to burn everybody's a.ss on the track, you are going to get that V8 or higher package. I respect that. Live your life. Do that Paul Walker/Fast and Furious shyt on that track brother!

But I'm just a guy that wants to ride around the city and highway, with a nice, shiny, sporty looking car with BIG RIMS on it....to impress girls lol.

So you do you, I'll do me. If I want to do some Paul Walker shyt on the track one day, you best believe I will get that higher performance package
Tenacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:03 AM   #286
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:03 AM   #287
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
Well I was just referring to comments from V8 guys on here in general. Look, I respect V8 guys okay? You know why? You got what you WANTED for the lifestyle you live.

- Most V8 guys I know live at the tracks

Based on that, if you want to burn everybody's a.ss on the track, you are going to get that V8 or higher package. I respect that. Live your life. Do that Paul Walker/Fast and Furious shyt on that track brother!

But I'm just a guy that wants to ride around the city and highway, with a nice, shiny, sporty looking car with BIG RIMS on it....to impress girls lol.

So you do you, I'll do me. If I want to do some Paul Walker shyt on the track one day, you best believe I will get that higher performance package
Hey man - that sound fair to me.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #288
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
I don't know where anybody said you had a little dick....
LOL.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:11 AM   #289
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
I'm sorry if you were offended by the fact that a V8 guy called you out on not being a legit "car guy" - if I had a v6 Camaro you probably would have taken it better.
That's ok, I've seen numerous threads on here that guys with SS's don't really know what they have and shouldn't be considered "car guys" either. The only reason they bought the V8 was because they have peer issues...

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:12 AM   #290
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99

That whats the 24s are compensating for. Yep said it.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:13 AM   #291
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post

That whats the 24s are compensating for. Yep said it.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:15 AM   #292
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
I have yet to be called out for "only" having a 6. All I've heard so far is "Nice car," and "Man that thing's dirty" (it was).
Old 08-03-2016, 10:15 AM   #293
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
I bought the v8 because in my family we've always owned muscle cars and turned them into track machines.

I plan on making my Camaro a toy. Now if I weren't going to turn this turd of a muscle car into a toy then I would have purchased a v6. V6 are plenty for public streets, v8's I feel are more tuned for enthusiasts. v6 guys buy the car because it looks cool and gets them from point A to point B, or for those whom don't need the power anymore in their life. That's the just of it...
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:17 AM   #294
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
I don't know. The cost of those rims, tires and exhaust and you could have had the V8 Tenacity. Just sayin'. But if the rims bring on the girls, I guess you know what you're doing.