Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-27-2015, 05:50 PM   #281
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Parts are on order!!!!

I am looking to get scheduled with Slowhawk Performance for maybe the last week in June for install.

I have lost my mind....
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:00 PM   #282
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
I have lost my mind....
No you haven't (although some family/friends may think you've suddenly become a redneck!). You will LOVE the results. The non-car people in your life won't "get it" but then again, I don't understand the joy of tennis.

I will be very interested to see your dyno sheet as your mods are very close to mine. Glad you found a good tuner you can trust.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:13 PM   #283
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
No you haven't (although some family/friends may think you've suddenly become a redneck!). You will LOVE the results. The non-car people in your life won't "get it" but then again, I don't understand the joy of tennis.

I will be very interested to see your dyno sheet as your mods are very close to mine. Glad you found a good tuner you can trust.
Slowhawk is the top shop for my area by far. The man I dealt with at the dealership where I ordered my car has two Camaros that he has had the same mods as I am getting done by Don and has had no issues at all. A little bummed about the warranty aspect, but after almost 9k miles I think something would have popped up by now on the LS3 which are bulletproof for the most part.

Yes, we should be very close, will see what I end up with.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 05-27-2015, 06:38 PM   #284
Indydriver

Just re-read the first four pages of your journal to re-familiarize with your car.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:41 PM   #285
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Just re-read the first four pages of your journal to re-familiarize with your car.
I know right??? With just the VMAX TB the car was so different, it was forgone conclusion that I would end up doing this step.

THIS IS IT THOUGH, NO MORE!!!!

I hope......

Old 05-27-2015, 06:54 PM   #286
Indydriver

I've had my performance mods for a year now and I am completely satisfied. Or maybe satiated is the word. The 42 rwhp added is enough. I cannot use what I have on the street. I no longer desire more. I certainly don't want it any louder than it is now and the throttle response is spot on. Re-reading your thread made me want those mats though...dammit.

LOL, I did my first burnout Saturday. I am not a showy guy and I'd prefer that my clutch and tires last a while. But...I was at Indianapolis Motor Speedway with 500 of my best Corvette and Camaro friends doing One Lap of Indy. "One Lap" turned out to be one corner run hard before being backed up in traffic. The line of cars slowed to stop and go while waiting to exit the track. There were several drunken fans hanging on the fence yelling for a show so....I dropped back a ways, punched the nanny button twice, revved it up to 4000 and dropped the clutch (my two daughters were in the car and had no clue what was coming). Those hard Generals lit up in a magnificent plume of smoke, leaving my personal twin streak signature on the smooth oval's pavement. My daughters shrieked and the drunks cheered. I got a visit from the IMS gestapo with a request/order, "no burnouts".
Old 05-27-2015, 06:58 PM   #287
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
I've had my performance mods for a year now and I am completely satisfied. Or maybe satiated is the word. The 42 rwhp added is enough. I cannot use what I have on the street. I no longer desire more. I certainly don't want it any louder than it is now and the throttle response is spot on. Re-reading your thread made me want those mats though...dammit.

LOL, I did my first burnout Saturday. I am not a showy guy and I'd prefer that my clutch and tires last a while. But...I was at Indianapolis Motor Speedway with 500 of my best Corvette and Camaro friends doing One Lap of Indy. "One Lap" turned out to be one corner run hard before being backed up in traffic. The line of cars slowed to stop and go while waiting to exit the track. There were several drunken fans hanging on the fence yelling for a show so....I dropped back a ways, punched the nanny button twice, revved it up to 4000 and dropped the clutch (my two daughters were in the car and had no clue what was coming). Those hard Generals lit up in a magnificent plume of smoke, leaving my personal twin streak signature on the smooth oval's pavement. My daughters shrieked and the drunks cheered. I got a visit from the IMS gestapo with a request/order, "no burnouts".
Unreal being on that track, a burnout was fully required

Actually it was your mods and description of your improved driving response that got me really thinking.....so I guess this is your fault after all.

Old 06-07-2015, 07:03 PM   #288
Muscle Car Lover

Placed my order for the CAI Inc cold air induction kit. Bought a filter re-charge kit as well.

I opted for the CAI over the Z/28 unit because the CAI Inc has been proven a better performer and it also looks the best IMO. I will wait until right before I am to drop my car off at Slowhawk Performance to install. I am a little worried about throwing an error code as I already have the Vmax throttle body on the car now, so there may be too much air flow.

Hope for my header/hi flow cats/dyno tune to get done near end of the month.

I have been so swamped at new job have not had time to really enjoy this process. Also my Mother in law has to have a cancerous kidney removed on Wednesday which is horrible, but she is also 85 years old so even just this surgery could go bad. Not a great time here.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #289
Muscle Car Lover

Well a good news/bad news sort of deal. Mom in law had another CT scan before surgery and the tumor is just too tangled with several large blood vessels to remove without serious (very serious) complications. They will not remove it. That's bad. A little good is that she has been without symptoms up till now (this was found in a round about way) so it's possible she has a lot more time until the thing causes a problem. Wait and see.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:34 PM   #290
Muscle Car Lover

In other news, the last piece to go on the car before I have it done up at Slowhawk Performance came in today. A CAI intake:
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2015, 05:59 PM   #291
Muscle Car Lover

Got to clean Christine today, just a Meguiars Wash N Wax, which I love. Took pics in garage to try and keep the pollen off after I was done washing:
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2015, 09:29 PM   #292
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Gorgeous Christine!

Hope all is well!

Old 06-27-2015, 07:18 PM   #293
Muscle Car Lover

Striper fishing today! Was a good day, plenty of fish, but not a lot of big ones. Of course the wife got the best one:
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2015, 08:19 PM   #294
seven

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS 2LT AGM
Sweet!!!!
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)
seven is offline   Reply With Quote