Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #281
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Funny that' s what my wife said that the new Camaro (14's) looks like a girls car.
it does. that was my first reaction when i saw it... as i've stated before put them together side by side and you have a set of "His and Hers" Camaros. No one can deny it looks less American muscle now.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #282
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTrunkMusic View Post
it does. that was my first reaction when i saw it... as i've stated before put them together side by side and you have a set of "His and Hers" Camaros. No one can deny it looks less American muscle now.
i disagree, the 14 looks meaner from the front. Squinted eyes and open mouth look. The 14 rear, it's different from the current but nice to finally get away from the wish i were a vette look.

it's ok to disagree, though.

since we are throwing in the chick card. My wife thinks the 14 is a meaner looking car as well. Had a 10 before.

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #283

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
...So if girls like the '14s, that's a bad thing?....Chevy might have more on the ball than they get credit for...lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #284
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAHL View Post
Holy hell, speaking of magical genies, I wish one would take the scary demons out of your mind of people trying to control your thoughts or feed you propaganda! Wow, is that what's got you so riled up? Another self-absorbed idiot. Hey, here are the facts, the refresh is done, you hate it, others hate it, many others love it, and many more are converting as it's hitting the dealerships and they see it in person. These threads are becoming more and more positive for the refresh if you haven't noticed. You remind me of my 9 year old, and he acts just like this when he's been hurt. What hurt you? That there weren't fireworks going off in your brain when you saw the refresh? You gotta get over that buddy. '14 owners are going to join our Camaro ranks and have every right to be proud of their cars. Are you going to be trashing them? I assume you own all those cars so you should be a mature man right? Move on.

King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #285
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
Maybe that's all you care to see (selective memory)... but I recall a ton of praise when the 5th gen was announced and finally released. I'm sure you could pick a few odd-ball comments to fit your remark, but those were few and far between; and most likely from Mustang owners. Many new models and even refreshes do get high praise; that's a fact.

Feel free to compare the comments made about the initial release of the 5th gen compared to the '14 refresh of the 5th gen. Some of the highest praise for an automobile that I've ever heard, was about the 5th gen.

GM's not going to get it right all the time, and I'd be willing to bet that the post-refresh (2014+) won't sell as well as the pre-refresh (2010-2013). Guess what... Ford knew they screwed up when they initially refreshed the Mustang, that's why they did another quick refresh to fix what was wrong.
Speaking of selective memory, you're comparing the release of an entirely new car, after a multiple year haitus, to a mild facelift... one of that same car I might ad! Not to mention the fact that at the time of the 5th gen initial release, NO ONE had one, so they couldn't say "It sucks, I like mine better" like they can now. If the 2014 refreshed version was the initial version released in 2010 it would have received just as much praise as the original 5th gen version did. I highly doubt people would have been crying to put quad rectangular taillights in it with chrome bezels if the '14 lights were part of the original release of the 2010.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #286
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Glad I bought my '13. Some may like the redesign, but it's not what I would have gone with.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #287
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
I was hoping that the 2014 would make me want to trade my '11. It hasn't. If I wanted to upgrade right now, I'd look for a '13 because I like the rear much better than the '14. The front of the '14 is a nice change. But the only thing I really want from the '14 is the color DIC.

That said, I would buy a '14 if I didn't have a Camaro now and '13's weren't available.

Most of the '14 redesign has grown on me with the exception of that cavern of a license plate recess, which is completely in the opposite direction from the beautifully scuplted design of the model it replaces. When I see the rear of the '14, my eyes are immediately drawn to that square-ish cavern, where two unlike materials come together in a strange way. Honestly, I don't see how anyone would prefer that specific aspect over the previous design.

Even though a lot of these threads turn into some negativity, hopefully the overall feedback does lead to something productive.

I'm still amazed at how popular and loved the 5th Gen Camaro is. I went to the Chick-fil-A drive-through this week for lunch and the first thing the girl at the window says to me is that she loves working the window because she gets to see a lot of dogs and Camaros.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #288
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
it just seems completely rushed. merely changing the front and back fascias to look less bulky gives it a streamlined appearance from the front and back, but it keeps the oversized retro cues on the body from the original 5th gen design. It doesn't look right IMO judging from the front and back this car should be half the size with this design.

This simply passes because it started with such a good design to begin with.

this is emphasized with the 2014 ZL1 frankenstein. Why even bother changing the back lights on the 2014 ZL1? Who could honestly say they're waiting in line to order a 2014 ZL1... you know these things will rot on the lots. anyone would opt for a 2012 or 2013 ZL1 over it.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #289
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
14' LOOKS wider in the back,i like my 10' better as of now,til I see in person,right now about all I may like better is the new colors,
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #290
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexZr2 View Post
Glad I bought my '13. Some may like the redesign, but it's not what I would have gone with.

agree, glad I have my 13

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #291
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
That said, I would buy a '14 if I didn't have a Camaro now and '13's weren't available.

This is my point... We're all biased because we already own the earlier design and have grown to love it. if the current refresh was what debuted in 2009 we'd have loved it just as much.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #292
suzook

Drives: camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Old 07-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #293
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Funny because in 2006 I remember many comments about how the back end wasn't good enough. It was too Corvette like... In the years since many have forgotten that.
I would say if this version had been shown in 2006 as the new Camaro it would have been received just as well as the one we actually got. JMHO. But since we have gotten used to the 2006 design people think its the best thing since sliced bread.... How time and familiarity changes opinions...
Thank you! How quickly we forget! Remember how much everyone HATED where the reverse lights were!?!?
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #294
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
IMHO the front came out well I prefer it without the chrome strip. The tails are fine.

The rear diffuser and the license plate area don't work though.