Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 03-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #281
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
CincySpeed just posted a video of a 2010 with 606HP/546TQ at the rear wheels! WOW!

I don't think its their personal best though... There is one with 617HP/557TQ at the wheels they did!

These guys are HP kings!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #282
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
You guys created a "Mod Monster". I am think of a Pro-charger or supercharger as well. Probably a little ways out to make sure all else is ready.

I will be there probably around 1:00 tomorrow. have that CAI ready.
BWA HA HA! Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers with cats are now on order! I'll keep the stock exhaust for the time being and see how it sounds and HP gain with the CAI intake and the headers. I may have them tune the car while it's in the shop too. The Pfadt suspension may go in next week.

1 RD JEWL, the CAI is already in the passenger seat. I'll try to be there around 1 as well. I am bringing the bowties to install as well.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #283
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
BWA HA HA! Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers with cats are now on order! I'll keep the stock exhaust for the time being and see how it sounds and HP gain with the CAI intake and the headers. I may have them tune the car while it's in the shop too. The Pfadt suspension may go in next week.

1 RD JEWL, the CAI is already in the passenger seat. I'll try to be there around 1 as well. I am bringing the bowties to install as well.
OK, you are officially the "ModSter" now! Your car is going to be totally bad ass! Even if it is an auto JUST PLAYIN! See you tomorrow...

BTW the HP gains should be very good! You whould try to pick up a cheap LS3 factory exhaust. They can usually be had for 0-$100, cat back. This way you can get rid of the huge resonators...
Old 03-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #284
Qwkss

Drives: Hoopty Winter Beater
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
OK, you are officially the "ModSter" now! Your car is going to be totally bad ass! Even if it is an auto JUST PLAYIN! See you tomorrow...
Pssst. That 600+HP Camaro on the dyno today, its an Auto.
Qwkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #285
Darth_Emma

I'm bringing one other thing. This might sound silly, but I bought one of these stickers from RPI Designs:
http://rpidesigns.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=1151

"Objects in Mirror are Losing"

The first one I tried to install got afu. When I peeled off the backing, half the letters came off on the backing, so RPI sent me another one. I wondered if I warm it up a little with a heat gun if that might make it work right? Anyway, I was hoping one of you experts might help me figure our what I did wrong the first time so I can get the new one on my mirror.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #286
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkss View Post
Pssst. That 600+HP Camaro on the dyno today, its an Auto.
I know and that was one DAMN impressive video! I loved it!

OH crap, well then that WOULD be your personal best seeing you had a 26 HP deficit starting out since Tim's is an LS3 and Craigs is an L99...

Hats off to a new record... Do I see a procharged sprayed L99 in the works yet???
Old 03-26-2010, 08:37 PM   #287
Darth_Emma

jr-
So, you're an M bigot, eh? I actually can drive a manual, but 1) I like automatics, 2) I have severe spine issues and shifting is pretty painful for me, and, um, oh yeah, 3) automatics are faster! (j/k - actually imho, it's just a personal preference - I'm glad you like your M6, I like my A6, it's all good).
Old 03-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #288
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
jr-
So, you're an M bigot, eh? I actually can drive a manual, but 1) I like automatics, 2) I have severe spine issues and shifting is pretty painful for me, and, um, oh yeah, 3) automatics are faster! (j/k - actually imho, it's just a personal preference - I'm glad you like your M6, I like my A6, it's all good).
Now come on... I only said that as a joke... I have read a lot of your posts about how people give you crap b/c its auto but i mean it in good fun and absolutly no disrespect!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #289
Qwkss

Drives: Hoopty Winter Beater
Quote:
well... why close that door if I don't have to?

PS: I got a price on a supercharger today for the fun of it. I won't be getting one until at least next year.
Which one? I need to install/sell an Edelbrock in the coming months, smoking deal, if you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
You guys created a "Mod Monster". I am think of a Pro-charger or supercharger as well. Probably a little ways out to make sure all else is ready.

I will be there probably around 1:00 tomorrow. have that CAI ready.
D1SC is the only way to fly on these cars. 555RWHP with only a Cat Back!

Quote:
CincySpeed just posted a video of a 2010 with 606HP/546TQ at the rear wheels! WOW!

I don't think its their personal best though... There is one with 617HP/557TQ at the wheels they did!

These guys are HP kings!
606 was an L99 with a 150 shot! The 617 was a D1SC, cammed Procharged LS3.

Quote:

BTW the HP gains should be very good! You whould try to pick up a cheap LS3 factory exhaust. They can usually be had for 0-$100, cat back. This way you can get rid of the huge resonators...
I have an auto CB with muflers delete installed and I have (2) LS3 complete CBs if anyone is interested.

I hope someone is bringing a camera tomorrow!
Qwkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #290
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
I hope someone is bringing a camera tomorrow!
I will take my camera.

Last edited by IROCanSS; 03-26-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #291
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Now come on... I only said that as a joke... I have read a lot of your posts about how people give you crap b/c its auto but i mean it in good fun and absolutly no disrespect!
I absolutely took it in all good fun! I was just pokin' back at ya a bit. I guess I needed one of these ->

I hope you like chocolate chip cookies! I'm bringing some tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #292
Darth_Emma

I have a good camera and a little point and shoot camera. I was thinking I'd just bring the little point and shoot camera for some candid shots tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #293
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Which one? I need to install/sell an Edelbrock in the coming months, smoking deal, if you are interested.
I didn't actually get that far in the conversation to ask. When the first words I heard was "five thous..." I said at that point, "it will have to wait a while!"

If you need a demo L99 to put one in so that you have one to dyno and take videos of, you may use my car - as long as I get to keep it

Are you going to come to the meet tomorrow? I'd love to meet you!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #294
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
I have a good camera and a little point and shoot camera. I was thinking I'd just bring the little point and shoot camera for some candid shots tomorrow.
Yes please!