Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 10-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #2983
Jokerism

Drives: 2010 camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer6951 View Post
ok pm your email address
pm sent
Old 10-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #2984
copper98
Camaro 5 Muscle

Drives: 2012 CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
Hmm, I've decided I'm not going with the drilled/slotted rotors. The main reason I wanted them was because of their zinc electro-plating which would prevent rust on the hub area. Even then, it's not sure fire since zinc plating is very susceptible to breaking down when exposed to the acidic combination of heat, moisture, and brake dust so I'd pretty much waste the money. Drilled/slotted rotors would provide little to no benefit for how I drive from a performance standpoint, so that's a waste too. It's cheaper to just repaint the hubs every year or so (assuming I even need to do it again after this time).

What I will get are some new pads, though. Rotors don't make brake dust, nor do they really influence performance as much as better pads. Angel, you use the Hawk performance ones, right? What is your opinion on which one is a better application for the Camaro? They have the ceramic performance ones (yellow box) and the ferro-carbon ones (blue box). I'm looking into the hawk pads once January rolls by. Either kind comes out to around $215-$220 on Ebay.

I totally agree with you. You would not benefit from the better pads only because of the way you drive there is no need for them. Now, the Hawks ceramic ones produce "much" less brake dust and does not compromise braking performance, on the contrary there are still better than OEM. I recommend though to replace the braking fluid to synthetic when you decide to do the brakes.
Mods: Air Raid C.A.I., Custom Ported/Polished Throttle Body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, Dyno Tuned , LPE 3.91 Gears, BMR Differential Bushings, R/X Oil Catch Can, X-Pipe, Borla Exhaust, MGW Shifter, Hawk-HPS, SS brake lines, BMR front & rear sway bars, BMR rear sway bar end links, Pedders front radius rod bushings, Spohn front sway bar end links, BMR rack/pinion bushing, BMR Coils 1" drop, BMR Trailing Arm, BMR Toe Rods, Pedders Sub-Frame bushings, BMR Sub-frame Connectors, BMR Driveshaft Tunnel Braces, GM Strut tower brace, custom painted bowties
copper98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #2985
Jokerism

SoFar I only have andrews and Angels photo.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #2986
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by copper98 View Post
I totally agree with you. You would not benefit from the better pads only because of the way you drive there is no need for them. Now, the Hawks ceramic ones produce "much" less brake dust and does not compromise braking performance, on the contrary there are still better than OEM. I recommend though to replace the braking fluid to synthetic when you decide to do the brakes.
Thanks for the input! Have you researched any literature for which of the two Hawk pads would be better, though?

They have the ceramic performance ones that come in a yellow box and the ferro-carbon ones that come in a blue box.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #2987
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Fran, JUST a photo of myself? Use my facebook photo.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #2988
hummer6951

Drives: Camaro
fran i just sent the pic let me know if you got it
hummer6951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #2989
hummer6951

angel is going to be pissed when he sees this lol
Old 10-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #2990
hummer6951

this is what happens when people dont realize the power in these cars lol
Old 10-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #2991
Jokerism

Depressing :-/
Old 10-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #2992
copper98
Camaro 5 Muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
Thanks for the input! Have you researched any literature for which of the two Hawk pads would be better, though?

They have the ceramic performance ones that come in a yellow box and the ferro-carbon ones that come in a blue box.
I have the blue one myself but they are more for perform driving. The ceramic ones your are going to like them because they will produce a lot less break dust (show minded driving) at the same time providing the same or better than OEM functionalbility...
Mods: Air Raid C.A.I., Custom Ported/Polished Throttle Body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, Dyno Tuned , LPE 3.91 Gears, BMR Differential Bushings, R/X Oil Catch Can, X-Pipe, Borla Exhaust, MGW Shifter, Hawk-HPS, SS brake lines, BMR front & rear sway bars, BMR rear sway bar end links, Pedders front radius rod bushings, Spohn front sway bar end links, BMR rack/pinion bushing, BMR Coils 1" drop, BMR Trailing Arm, BMR Toe Rods, Pedders Sub-Frame bushings, BMR Sub-frame Connectors, BMR Driveshaft Tunnel Braces, GM Strut tower brace, custom painted bowties
Old 10-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #2993
Jokerism

Attention All Members:Folks So far ANDY, ANGEL AND HUMBERTO have sent me their photo, the sooner the better or you'll be left out lol of the video
Old 10-17-2012, 11:51 PM   #2994
copper98
Camaro 5 Muscle

Come on guys fransico needs the pictures asap.

Last edited by copper98; 10-18-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #2995
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
pics sent
Old 10-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #2996
copper98
Camaro 5 Muscle

Good morning crew. Weekend is almost here!!!!