Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 11-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #295
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I bet that extended warranty is not added on to the existing warranty from the 3 year 36,000 mile point. They are actually adding one year and 26,000 miles. I could be wrong but I don't think so. I would get it in writing stating the end date and miles if it is the way you say it will be,
It is from the date it is fixed. Mine has the date starting from resolution and current milage OR 6.5yrs and 87K Hopefully, this will be completely figured out by then and give me some additional peace of mind.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #296
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
I had the GM rep AND the BBB case worker both confirm it is from the "date fixed" point. The GM rep even gave me an example as to how long it will last & he used the mileage I have on the odometer today.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #297
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
It is from the date it is fixed. Mine has the date starting from resolution and current milage OR 6.5yrs and 87K Hopefully, this will be completely figured out by then and give me some additional peace of mind.
Cool, you did get it in writing I hope.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:51 AM   #298
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
This would give me a 5 year/91,500 mile warranty on the top & ALL MOVING SYSTEMS - windows, top, mirrors. this would be assigned to the VIN, that way if I trade it in for a new model, the next buyer would have some form of warranty on the moving systems.
You can assume that's 5 years or 91,500 miles whichever comes first.

If you take Angrybird's advice and get it in writing**, you should also ask them to specify where you can/must go for Warranty work: The original dealer? Any GM dealer? In any state? Not all states enforce Warranties the same, if there's a dispute.

** Read the fine print; believe me, there will be fine print.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:52 AM   #299
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
You can assume that's 5 years or 91,500 miles whichever comes first.

If you take Angrybird's advice and get it in writing**, you should also ask them to specify where you can/must go for Warranty work: The original dealer? Any GM dealer? In any state? Not all states enforce Warranties the same, if there's a dispute.

** Read the fine print; believe me, there will be fine print.
Of course it's "whichever comes first". It will be in writing - I'm not closing the case until I get it in hand. And it's attached to the VIN; they said it will be in effect no matter where I trade it in at - it's good in all states.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #300
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Cool, you did get it in writing I hope.
Definitely; on GM letterhead in writing and transferable if need be.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #301
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
Definitely; on GM letterhead in writing and transferable if need be.

Cool....
I looked my top over real well today and after 4 months of what I call heavy use it still looks great. Looks like I got a good one after all... Can't wait for spring
Old 11-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #302
Hobgoblin42

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th Anniversary edition
Send a message via Yahoo to Hobgoblin42
Lots of threads to post this in. So the last few days here have been nothing but rain. This morning I noticed that the rear carpet on the passenger side is soaking wet, I dont see water anywhere on the seats, the trim etc, just the carpet.
Where do I start with this? The Dealer?
2012 45th Convertible.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...95&postcount=1

Hobgoblin42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #303
cactuseater

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikess581 View Post
OK here we go, 1st pic, top roughly at the 1/2 way point with no cable showing. Edge of top is very tight and can not be ''peeled'' up easily.
2nd pic, pulling very hard on top reveals the wire going into the correct slit in the weatherstrip.
3rd pic, if you look at #2 and this one you see a couple of openings in the top. I assume they are there to aid in running the cable. I believe the installers that are getting it wrong are bringing the cable out of the top opening instead of passing it behind the plastic tab and out the bottom opening.
4th, at this point I have pulled the weatherstrip off of the retaing lug and out of the track giving another view of the cable entering the weatherstrip.
5th,this shows the cable running in the 1st ''void'' of the weatherstrip on it's way to the anchor point.
6th, bad pic sorry but this is were the cable anchors to the frame. It is just inserted into the hole in the frame and the shape of the anchor locks it into place.
7th,top fully closed and voila, no cable

To anybody that has this problem on their convertible and cannot any longer trust anyone but themselves to fix this issue. I have a matching set of left and right weather strips brand new from the dealer that I demanded from the last repair attempt. These are the same one's that they sliced up on my car trying to route the cables, incorrectly. They are for the frame rail behind the quarter glass as shown on "Spikes" pictures back on "page 7" of this thread. I never did get to install them.... As things go, my car has been lemon'd awaiting disposition (a week or so out) and I am sure somebody out there would be happy to use these. PM me if you're interested.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #304
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin42 View Post
Lots of threads to post this in. So the last few days here have been nothing but rain. This morning I noticed that the rear carpet on the passenger side is soaking wet, I dont see water anywhere on the seats, the trim etc, just the carpet.
Where do I start with this? The Dealer?
2012 45th Convertible.
I would recommend getting this checked out at the dealership first. If you have any other problems, please don't hesitate to contact us right away.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 11-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #305
ghostrider2

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow ZL1 Vert/M6
rained heavy last night and now I have the frakin problem, the entire floor behind the drivers seat was soaked, nothing else, just the floor! This is the first winter for having this car so I already knew to watch for this thanks to this forum and bam! just my luck.... So I am also in the middle of PCSing across country to Michigan so I can't get her to a dealer until the beginning of December, so is there anything to look for that might solve or help the problem? Thanks
Old 11-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #306
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider2 View Post
rained heavy last night and now I have the frakin problem, the entire floor behind the drivers seat was soaked, nothing else, just the floor! This is the first winter for having this car so I already knew to watch for this thanks to this forum and bam! just my luck.... So I am also in the middle of PCSing across country to Michigan so I can't get her to a dealer until the beginning of December, so is there anything to look for that might solve or help the problem? Thanks
Check out the posts on the water bag. You may have the folds going the wrong way or a plugged drain. Depending on where you end up in Michigan, Rodgers Chevrolet (about 1/2 hour south of Detroit) is supposed to be a good dealership. I haven't been there personally but people on here say good things about them.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #307
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
If you are able, look up into top of rear tire wells you will see the drain holes/tubes. Gently insert a thin pen or wire about three inches in to see if clogged.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #308
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Just saw your car is a 2011, if you never had the water management bag serviced you still have the original smaller bag. Good chance it needs replacement bag which is constructed better and bigger. It's not a big deal just a pain !

Tags
tag