Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-26-2023, 08:51 AM   #295
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwra View Post
Ive posted plenty of links that show green energy is already cleaner and cheaper, due to improved technology its getting cheaper every day as well. Heres the UN's take on it, but what do those guys know eh?
https://www.irena.org/news/pressrele...il-Fuel-Crisis

As for a problem that doesnt exist ........ sweet Jesus, I didnt think there was actually anyone that actually thought that, but then again what do NASA know though about anything?

https://climate.nasa.gov/effects/
Blah blah, the sky is falling, we're all going to burn up, freeze to death or fall off the edge of the world. Sorry, not buying it. The doomsayers have been preaching that crap since before I was born. Funny, they keep setting dates for doom, then keep moving them back.

Al Gore, who built the log cabin he was born in and invented the internet was predicting that we would all be treading water, there would be no snow and all the polar bears would be dead, all by 2010. Funny, the waterline is still where it was when I was a kid growing up in the 60s and 70s. The temperature is still the same. The biggest cheerleaders for this crap are buying houses on the coast. THEY don't seem to be worried about this stuff.

You don't seem too worried about it either, driving your Z28 and working in the most carbon polluting industry on the planet. When you quit your job, sell your car and start eating bugs maybe I'll listen to what you have to say, but probably not.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:42 AM   #296
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
huge problem with ev's is THE COLD. we've had some minus 20c in the last few weeks.
range goes down about 40%. tbh buying an ev to replace your ice car is a big NO.
for you daily commute when you know you can do it easy in the range then they are a great idea.
fast charging is a joke. full charge is more expensive than driving a gas car.
Old 01-26-2023, 10:52 AM   #297
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Blah blah, the sky is falling, we're all going to burn up, freeze to death or fall off the edge of the world. Sorry, not buying it. The doomsayers have been preaching that crap since before I was born. Funny, they keep setting dates for doom, then keep moving them back.

Al Gore, who built the log cabin he was born in and invented the internet was predicting that we would all be treading water, there would be no snow and all the polar bears would be dead, all by 2010. Funny, the waterline is still where it was when I was a kid growing up in the 60s and 70s. The temperature is still the same. The biggest cheerleaders for this crap are buying houses on the coast. THEY don't seem to be worried about this stuff.

You don't seem too worried about it either, driving your Z28 and working in the most carbon polluting industry on the planet. When you quit your job, sell your car and start eating bugs maybe I'll listen to what you have to say, but probably not.
So, if I’m keeping score, in the “not buying it” column there’s Wyzz Kidd and a number of other Camaro6 members.

In the “buying it” column there’s NASA (literally rocket scientists ), the CEOs and top management of GM, Ford, Stellantis, Volkswagen, Toyota, Honda, Volvo, Mercedes-Benz, Shell, BP, Pepsico, Amazon, Walmart, DTE and Consumers (Michigan’s top two power companies), Tennessee Valley Authority, and the heads of pretty much every nation in the western hemisphere.

Not sure I know who to believe.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 11:36 AM   #298
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
I don't mind your way of dispassionately stating the corporates' stance. But, I'm taking the liberty of reading those quotes as a double-entendre.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 11:49 AM   #299
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
So, if I’m keeping score, in the “not buying it” column there’s Wyzz Kidd and a number of other Camaro6 members.

In the “buying it” column there’s NASA (literally rocket scientists ), the CEOs and top management of GM, Ford, Stellantis, Volkswagen, Toyota, Honda, Volvo, Mercedes-Benz, Shell, BP, Pepsico, Amazon, Walmart, DTE and Consumers (Michigan’s top two power companies), Tennessee Valley Authority, and the heads of pretty much every nation in the western hemisphere.

Believe who and what you want to. If you can't, or won't, see the connection between votes, the flow of government largesse and people's decisions that's fine.

Immaterial to me.

I ask, Cui bono? The answer, politicians and anyone who wants a government grant or subsidy in those areas of study and production.

Edited to add that I don't trust weather forecasts two weeks from the present, because they're often wrong, so why would I trust a forecast decades into the future particularly if the person making the forecast gets paid if he forecasts in a certain way and doesn't otherwise.

Last edited by Wyzz Kydd; 01-26-2023 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-27-2023, 05:03 AM   #300
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

New wind installations plunged 77.5% in the third quarter of 2022 versus the same period the year before, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence. New utility-scale solar installations likely fell 40% in 2022 compared with 2021, according to a report from the Solar Energy Industries Association and research firm Wood Mackenzie.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/investo...hare_permalink
Old 01-27-2023, 05:06 AM   #301
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Duke Energy’s “nuclear fleet” was reliable, but solar generation was unable to meet peak demand because it occurred before sunrise.
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/...ing-blackouts/
Old 01-27-2023, 05:11 AM   #302
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

The UK’s National Health Service, the second largest publicly funded healthcare system in the world, has issued a stark warning about increasing energy prices.

“The country is facing a humanitarian crisis,” NHS‘s confederation chief executive said. “Many people could face the awful choice between skipping meals to heat their homes and having to live in cold, damp and very unpleasant conditions. This in turn could lead to outbreaks of illness and sickness around the country and widen health inequalities, worsen children’s life chances and leave an indelible scar on local communities.”
Old 01-27-2023, 05:16 AM   #303
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Thousands of artisanal miners dig by hand in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Children, too. They have no industrial tools, no protective clothing, no hard hats, not even facemasks to shield toxic dust or shoes.

More than half of the world’s cobalt is mined in the DRC, and the country’s government estimates that 20% of all cobalt production in the country comes from so-called artisanal mines that rely on human muscle (they would be better described as manual mines). In the DRC, there are at least 100,000 artisanal cobalt miners, and according to UNICEF, approximately 40,000 of those miners are children. But despite being a naturally resource-rich country, DRC is also the second poorest economy in the world. Life expectancy there is just 47 years for men, and 51 years for women. That compares to 81.2 years for the average UK citizen.

While some observers suggest that the expected surge in cobalt demand provides a much-needed source of income for people in the DRC, in reality artisanal miners are barely being paid enough to survive. Recent research by Amnesty International found that children as young as seven are working in cobalt mines, often for less than $2 a day.

https://humantraffickingsearch.org/r...cobalt-mining/

Buy EVs! It’s for the children!
Old 01-27-2023, 05:23 AM   #304
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

The production of lithium through evaporation ponds uses a lot of water - around 21 million litres per day. Approximately 2.2 million litres of water is needed to produce one ton of lithium.

But the project, known as Lithium Americas, has drawn protests from members of a Native American tribe, ranchers and environmental groups because it is expected to use billions of gallons of precious ground water, potentially contaminating some of it for 300 years, while leaving behind a giant mound of waste.

“Blowing up a mountain isn’t green, no matter how much marketing spin people put on it,” said Max Wilbert, who has been living in a tent on the proposed mine site while two lawsuits seeking to block the project wend their way through federal courts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/06/b...ning-race.html

Buy EV’s. It’s for the environment!
Old 01-27-2023, 05:28 AM   #305
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

"Man-caused global warming is the biggest scam perpetrated against society since time began," says Jay Lehr, science director for the Heartland Institute. "The whole concept behind climate change is fear and control."

When you explore the facts, ice core samples for the last 900,000 years, and records from the last 5,000 years, Lehr explains the global climate has meandered through fairly predictable 1,500-year cycles of warming and cooling.

"The whole scam is based on mathematical models," Lehr explains. He adds none of those models anticipated nor accounted for the global cooling in 2007 that basically erased the 100 years of global warming preceding it.

https://www.proquest.com/docview/228242667

Ever wonder why ‘Global Warming’ transformed into ‘Climate Change’?
Old 01-27-2023, 07:35 AM   #306
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post

You’re right. This about sums it up. People spewing nonsense in vast amounts of rambling and regurgitated material while refusing to accept facts are a special kind of stupid. Continuing to make a crazy number of posts about absolutely wrong information makes just one stupid, ignorant and I dare say…gullible as hell.

I don’t even care if the forum gods bam me for life. I can just make another account. But this Wyzz Kidd character is probably the stupidest most ignorant person I’ve seen on here in 13 years.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 07:49 AM   #307
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
I don’t even care if the forum gods bam me for life. I can just make another account. But this Wyzz Kidd character is probably the stupidest most ignorant person I’ve seen on here in 13 years.
So your argument boils down to calling the other person stupid and saying you’re right. Got it. That’s a really convincing argument you make.

Statista.com predicts EV prices will jump by another 37 percent in 2023, driving the average cost of an EV up to more than $69,000 by the second half of the year.

https://www.statista.com/outlook/mmo.../united-states

Le Xie, Ph.D., a professor at Texas A&M University and a research affiliate at the MIT Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems, and his three academic colleagues co-authored a 2021 scientific analysis entitled “Toward carbon-neutral electricity and mobility: Is the grid infrastructure ready?”…They answered that it would only take a few hundred EVs charging simultaneously to burn out the local substation transformer in a small Midwest town. In their academic article, Le Xie and his colleagues explained the problem as follows:
With aggressive vehicle electrification goals, there will be a lack of hosting capacity of today’s distribution networks in handling massive distributed energy resources and EVs. Economic incentives and smart scheduling could offset the peak-to-valley ratio; however, even in the most optimistic case (i.e., a flattened total load curve), the limit of the substation transformers will still likely be exceeded.

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-e...quires-energy/

Last edited by Wyzz Kydd; 01-27-2023 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-27-2023, 08:37 AM   #308
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Ever wonder why ‘Global Warming’ transformed into ‘Climate Change’?
THIS. I believe in climate change. It has always changed. It will continue to change. You can come up with statistical models that prove that point to justify shifting money/power to your cause or your org. It is arrogant to believe we are having a significant impact or we are the definitive source. The companies parroting their efforts to any microphone they can find are doing so to keep the money flowing and protests off their lawns.

Should we take good faith common sense effective measures to keep the air we breath and the water we drink clean? Sure, of course.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote