Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 01-17-2015, 09:26 AM   #295
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
Great looking car,but your either a ford guy or a chevy guy. As far as competition, I hope they run a some in the Conti tire series next year. The Z28 was GS champ last year, and the car to beat this season. We are seeing flashes of the old TA series again, total rebirth of Detroit pony car wars. Never though I would see it again in this lifetime. We are fortunate to have such amazing performance cars once again, and to "top it off" gas is now affordable! Someone pinch me, gotta be a dream right?
It won't be cheap for long. Many ppl who are NOT in the oil & gas industry think life got better. Without a larger production of oil & gas, the economy will suffer. IF prices stay this cheap (which I can't see them staying around this price) a larger recession will take place. One perk of gas being cheap is that ppl will have more money to spend. But if anyone is thinking of buying gas guzzlers, because now you can afford it, I suggest you rethink it because prices will get back to $3.50 a gallon before next yr IMO.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:25 AM   #296
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Couldn't be because Ford doesn't release Nurburgring times..could it?

Nah, couldn't be that.
It couldn't be because the one featured in the leaked video was an FRPP-prepped one-off, could it? The one that the jagged one said his friends witnessed outrunning a [presumed] "stock" 500?

Nah, couldn't be that.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #297
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van B View Post
I know the HP numbers are close to the Z/28, but at a 100 plus cubic inch deficit I will bet the GT350s torque and power curves are a nowhere near as flat as the LS7 which will make it harder to drive fast.

Second place for the Mustang on this one although I love the looks and the flat crank engine design intrigues me.
Variable valve timing, and 4 valves works wonders in this area. Plus if it is geared well to keep it in the power band, it won't be an issue.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:56 PM   #298
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Well, GT350R vin 001 went for $1,000,000. The Z/28 001 only went for $650,000. The GT350R wins the first comparison.

Last edited by Fraxum; 01-18-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:37 PM   #299
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Well, GT350R vin 001 went for $1,000,000. The fZ/28 001 only went for $650,000. The GT350R wins the first comparison.
Lol... Please... Be fair! You're comparing an all new everything and GT350R to a 2 year old car! I guess you think the 15 mustang is the winner over our 5th Gens too right because sells? You can't tell me that you didn't see this coming? Wait what comparison did it win again?
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:14 PM   #300
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Lol... Please... Be fair! You're comparing an all new everything and GT350R to a 2 year old car! I guess you think the 15 mustang is the winner over our 5th Gens too right because sells? You can't tell me that you didn't see this coming? Wait what comparison did it win again?
It's more than likely being brought up because in the past members of this site has posted similar "comparisons" when these sales take place, looking for a "win" to tally on their favorite brand's side.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338239
Old 01-17-2015, 11:24 PM   #301
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
It's more than likely being brought up because in the past members of this site has posted similar "comparisons" when these sales take place, looking for a "win" to tally on their favorite brand's side.
Yea, I know! But just don't understand when it's new platform verse a old one that is getting updated now! But hey , good for Ford! The back and forth continues!
Old 01-18-2015, 11:17 AM   #302
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
Well, GT350R vin 001 went for $1,000,000. The fZ/28 001 only went for $650,000. The GT350R wins the first comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
TWO points:

1) When the Z/28 was announced, who truly suspected its capabilities were as spectacular as they are? Remember, when #1 was auctioned off, there were NO public tests of the car done by anyone. If the -R is a true chart-topper, and its target's performance metrics are known, it gives some credence to the number$, and certainly gives credence to how widespread and deep-pocketed some of the Mustang faithful are.

2) I think the Mustang faithful were asleep when Gen-6 Number 1 was auctioned off for under $400,000. Why? What would '65 GT350 Number 1 fetch today? LESS than the Henry Ford Museum's little white 260-engined convertible VIN 1, originally sold new in Canada. After all, which one did Ford go after?
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:42 AM   #303
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
TWO points:

1) When the Z/28 was announced, who truly suspected its capabilities were as spectacular as they are? Remember, when #1 was auctioned off, there were NO public tests of the car done by anyone. If the -R is a true chart-topper, and its target's performance metrics are known, it gives some credence to the number$, and certainly gives credence to how widespread and deep-pocketed some of the Mustang faithful are.

2) I think the Mustang faithful were asleep when Gen-6 Number 1 was auctioned off for under $400,000. Why? What would '65 GT350 Number 1 fetch today? LESS than the Henry Ford Museum's little white 260-engined convertible VIN 1, originally sold new in Canada. After all, which one did Ford go after?
The economy also has a lot to do with it. Just look at what some cars were getting yesterday then just a year ago. Just in the short time yesterday I saw over 4 cars go for over 2 mil and some over 4 mil. Last year that was not happening.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:43 AM   #304
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
The comparison on how collectible these cars will be and how generous the 1% feel when that are buying a charity car for their collection. But to be fair Fords are more collectible than Chevys.

As far as the new mustang goes I like them. They will be very popular. But I will not give up my 1LE for one. Now a GT 350..... No R for me. An 8,000+ rpm V8? I wonder what the flat plane would do with a couple of turbos strapped to it. I bet Ford did the right thing with the internals of the new engine. Even the standard 5.0s are holding big power.

It's that engine that has me excited. All of these cars now look sexy, have good brakes, and handle really well. Fun.

Last edited by Fraxum; 01-18-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:53 AM   #305
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
The economy also has a lot to do with it. Just look at what some cars were getting yesterday then just a year ago. Just in the short time yesterday I saw over 4 cars go for over 2 mil and some over 4 mil. Last year that was not happening.
Good point, but the economy is not 50% better. And it is only better for some people. Especially good for the 1%ers though. Very few of us can afford these cars even at MSRP.
Old 01-18-2015, 01:09 PM   #306
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Well, GT350R vin 001 went for $1,000,000. The Z/28 001 only went for $650,000. The GT350R wins the first comparison.
Only shows how stupid Mustang buyers are

Just kiddin', but a Mustang for a million sounds as ridiculous as it would be for a Camaro.

But that's charity, some people have enough money to actually give the million even without having a car in return...
Old 01-18-2015, 01:14 PM   #307
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Good point, but the economy is not 50% better. And it is only better for some people. Especially good for the 1%ers though. Very few of us can afford these cars even at MSRP.
I'm not saying it's 50% better, but there is more confidence on buying, especially those who can afford them. There has already been more million dollar cars sold (9 plus 5 who didn't make reserve) then lat year with only 7. Plus there's one day left.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 04:45 PM   #308
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
The comparison on how collectible these cars will be and how generous the 1% feel when that are buying a charity car for their collection. But to be fair Fords are more collectible than Chevys.

As far as the new mustang goes I like them. They will be very popular. But I will not give up my 1LE for one. Now a GT 350..... No R for me. An 8,000+ rpm V8? I wonder what the flat plane would do with a couple of turbos strapped to it. I bet Ford did the right thing with the internals of the new engine. Even the standard 5.0s are holding big power.

It's that engine that has me excited. All of these cars now look sexy, have good brakes, and handle really well. Fun.

Well Fords being more collectable not necessarily true because it depends what model that you are talking about! And mustang has more editions than Camaro 's has so if you think about it ! The more additions you have the more you can charge, make , and pour into making all the special additions which ford has alot! Because when you look at it the SS's has a better value than a GT! It's when you get into the millions of other addition that the Mustang start having a better value. But the mustang was the one to start the pony car war so there's definitely value in being the first ! Which is why the mustang is more popular! Could someone tell me how many different addition mustang has?

And yea, I agree ! The GT350 not the R addition is the only one that looks good ! I think it looks sweet!

Last edited by Q'smuscle; 01-18-2015 at 05:01 PM.