Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 08-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #3067
Seer

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Not yet.

Isn't the 05+ Mustang sharing some sort of chassis that Jaguar or proposed Lincoln 4 door uses?
Yes it is. It was actually sharing the same chassis as the Lincoln LS, Jaguar XK/XJ and the Ford Thunderbird.
Seer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #3068
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Totally fake. The "real" pictures are posted showing it was a two door.

That's been around a few years, that PS.
They actually muled the Camaro as a Chevrolet Caprice SS in Australia. Four doors but the rear two were welded shut.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #3069
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

Drives: Camaro 2LT
Thumbs down

ughh that sucks.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam99 View Post
I'll take that chance
Old 08-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #3070
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
That camaro isn't true.

Tahseen, The 4door camaro was a nice little car that went along the name of Pontiac G8. I really wanted one when i graduated college, I found a Pontiac G8 GT GXP new that was 45K or something and the dealer wanted 30K for it just to get it off the lot because his dealership was closing. I knew Pontiac was going under and I was scared no one would give warranty at that point. It wasn't until later that I realized any Chevy dealer could have taken care of me, but it was too late. Oh well.

I'd like to look for a G8 when the Accord dies. The new SS looks nice if the Accord can hold together till my camaro payments are over.

Last edited by Swacer; 08-10-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Swacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #3071
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
That camaro isn't true.

Tahseen, The 4door camaro was a nice little car that went along the name of Pontiac G8. I really wanted one when i graduated college, I found a Pontiac G8 GT GXP new that was 45K or something and the dealer wanted 30K for it just to get it off the lot because his dealership was closing. I knew Pontiac was going under and I was scared no one would give warranty at that point. It wasn't until later that I realized any Chevy dealer could have taken care of me, but it was too late. Oh well.

I'd like to look for a G8 when the Accord dies. The new SS looks nice if the Accord can hold together till my camaro payments are over.
You have a boner for warranties. Probably spend more letting a dealership work on the car than the any possible future repairs

edit: I only made this post as an excuse to use the term "boner".
Old 08-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #3072
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
You have a boner for warranties. Probably spend more letting a dealership work on the car than the any possible future repairs

edit: I only made this post as an excuse to use the term "boner".
I never quite understand the whole warranty paranoia considering the amount of money people will spend in mods. Anything that may possibly come up is likely not going to cost more than the mods people put on the car. Further, if it's mechanical, it's a great excuse to upgrade.

It's not like a voided engine warranty is going to have an affect on the bumper-to-bumper.

You also make a good point about dealership prices, Jay. I can't believe the insane amount of markup they put on such simple tasks. If one just installed a few pieces themselves, they'd save the amount of labor and part markup for theoretical voided warranty work in the future.

However, (correct me if I'm mistaken, Brendan) Brendan's concern may have more to do with his previous experience with the Genesis.
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #3073
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I like Seer more and more with every post. He never p u s s y foots around.

(I made this post just as an excuse to use p u s s y)
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #3074
Bumblebee2012

Drives: 2012 2SS TF3, 1971 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPaz View Post
I stream Spotify on my S3 over the stock system in the Camaro.
Have you gotten the S3 to connect to the radio by USB to allow the car to index the music you have stored in the SD card? My S3 is not able to be seen in the 2012 Camaro or Cruise over USB. By Bluetooth it is seen, but the sound of streaming music over Bluetooth is not acceptable to me... satellite radio sounds a hundred times better and many complain that it is terrible.

My Galaxy S3 is a Verizon model.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using smack-a-talk
Bumblebee2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #3075
Swacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
However, (correct me if I'm mistaken, Brendan) Brendan's concern may have more to do with his previous experience with the Genesis.
And you win.

Really, my parents have always been an advocate for warranties, so when i graduated college I didn't really approve of the whole modding market (probably out of lack of understanding) so when i was concerned that any "stock' issues with the car could cost me money, I immediately bailed.

With the genesis...i learned that that concern i had....was real. My Genesis coupe is the reason that I will never buy another Hyundai, and why I will try to make sure no one I know does either. The Genesis coupe was nothing but a bunch of problems. From the very beginning....

1. Bent Hood from factory that applied to EVERY car
2. Leaking taillights (stock)
3. Fogging head lights because Hyundai can't produce a close system cooling mechanism.
4. ECM failure
5. 2 1/2 transmissions within 600 miles.

On that car I began modding it. I had beautiful LED headlights I designed and had done. I designed a set of LED taillights that got me compliments everywhere I went. I put a CAI on it. I put a cat back exhaust on it. When the ECM went bad...they attempted to blame the CAI. When my 2nd transmission went bad (due to poor workmanship at Wright Hyundai who have no idea how to work on a car) with a destroyed 3rd gear syncro (Don't get me into that story, but it confirmed to me that South Korean engineers do not understand simple fluid dynamics at all), they tried to claim i raced it and then pointed to the exhaust as an issue. All of these, without a warranty would have cost me 1000s of dollars due to STOCK problems.

So yes, I am very protective of the warranty and the "protection" it brings. I would love to mod the camaro, and although Jamie and Jason point me toward suspension, I prefer the roar of the motor from a set of headers. But I want to remain protected by warranty, so of course I"m going to cover my ass and make sure THR is fine with the changes I make. THR gave me the greenlight on headers being installed myself while being covered by warranty...so my next year project is already in "savings mode"

I understand that some of you don't care about your warranty, and thats your own choice. I prefer to have fun, but cover myself at the same time.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #3076
Seer

Quote:
And you win.

Really, my parents have always been an advocate for warranties, so when i graduated college I didn't really approve of the whole modding market (probably out of lack of understanding) so when i was concerned that any "stock' issues with the car could cost me money, I immediately bailed.

With the genesis...i learned that that concern i had....was real. My Genesis coupe is the reason that I will never buy another Hyundai, and why I will try to make sure no one I know does either. The Genesis coupe was nothing but a bunch of problems. From the very beginning....

1. Bent Hood from factory that applied to EVERY car
2. Leaking taillights (stock)
3. Fogging head lights because Hyundai can't produce a close system cooling mechanism.
4. ECM failure
5. 2 1/2 transmissions within 600 miles.

On that car I began modding it. I had beautiful LED headlights I designed and had done. I designed a set of LED taillights that got me compliments everywhere I went. I put a CAI on it. I put a cat back exhaust on it. When the ECM went bad...they attempted to blame the CAI. When my 2nd transmission went bad (due to poor workmanship at Wright Hyundai who have no idea how to work on a car) with a destroyed 3rd gear syncro (Don't get me into that story, but it confirmed to me that South Korean engineers do not understand simple fluid dynamics at all), they tried to claim i raced it and then pointed to the exhaust as an issue. All of these, without a warranty would have cost me 1000s of dollars due to STOCK problems.

So yes, I am very protective of the warranty and the "protection" it brings. I would love to mod the camaro, and although Jamie and Jason point me toward suspension, I prefer the roar of the motor from a set of headers. But I want to remain protected by warranty, so of course I"m going to cover my ass and make sure THR is fine with the changes I make.

I understand that some of you don't care about your warranty, and thats your own choice. I prefer to have fun, but cover myself at the same time.
I bought my wife a 2012 Genesis R-Spec Coupe. It was the slow piece of shit and for it to run with a stock 5.0, it's semblance of reliability would be out the window (mid 12's).

4 months later, I took my ass ****ing and traded it in for a 5.0 for the wife, as she wanted to be back into a V8. He previous cars were a G8 GT(first one was a lemon, bought back by GM) and a heads/cam 2004 GTO.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #3077
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
I like Seer more and more with every post. He never p u s s y foots around.

(I made this post just as an excuse to use p u s s y)
I've been told I have asbergers. I think I'm really just an ass.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #3078
Swacer

Quote:
I bought my wife a 2012 Genesis R-Spec Coupe. It was the slow piece of shit and for it to run with a stock 5.0, it's semblance of reliability would be out the window (mid 12's).

4 months later, I took my ass ****ing and traded it in for a 5.0 for the wife, as she wanted to be back into a V8. He previous cars were a G8 GT(first one was a lemon, bought back by GM) and a heads/cam 2004 GTO.
That was an awful comparison. A 3.8 V6 to a 5.0 V8?

........you go race minivans for fun, don't you? Your 700hp probably beat the V6 5000lb minivans huh? lol
Old 08-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #3079
Seer

Quote:
That was an awful comparison. A 3.8 V6 to a 5.0 V8?

........you go race minivans for fun, don't you? Your 700hp probably beat the V6 5000lb minivans huh? lol
No, lately the only thing I've been racing thats been much fun for me as competition are street bikes. Last one I raced was a gsxr750 (2011 model) and it lost up till 145, when we let off. If it went further I still would've won as I kept adding distance.

Her Genesis was a 2.0T R-Spec. I was going to buy an 18G Turbo with a STS wheel, intercooler, and all of the supporting bullshit, to make it run what? high 12's? Then it would shit its bottom end and puke out a clutch.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #3080
Swacer

Quote:
No, lately the only thing I've been racing thats been much fun for me as competition are street bikes. Last one I raced was a gsxr750 (2011 model) and it lost up till 145, when we let off. If it went further I still would've won as I kept adding distance.

Her Genesis was a 2.0T R-Spec.
Ok...so even worse of a comparison.