Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #3067
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
i like feed back in my steering
Old 12-04-2009, 12:29 AM   #3068
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
I understand your 77hp/L, but talking purely from a marketing standpoint, why would Ford make a 380hp v8 when there is a lighter, 305hp v6? The last v6 and v8 differed by 105hp, I would expect a linearity to remain...
V6 sales are also much more important than V8 sales, and there is a lot more competition in the price range for the V6 than there is for the V8. At any rate, by all appearances the GT needs to have 400 hp , maybe more. I just don't see them pulling it off based on similar engines and the nature of Ford and the Mustang. Unless of course the bolt on a supercharger or something, in which case it should be delivering a lot more than 400/400. Though it might explain those numbers Black GT posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
That's a shame. There's really nowhere else they can go with that solid axle. Respect for milking it as much as they did, but it's downhill from here.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. There are some positive aspects, and some negatives, that go along with any technology or system used in any car. The Mustang might not have as smooth of a ride and could be more easily upset by a bump in the corners, but it is a robust yet light weight system and can generate some pretty good numbers on the track. Besides, any talk of the Mustangs archaic live axle necessitates the mentioning that Camaro has a pushrod engine. Cam in blocks engines, while being lighter and smaller than OHC's, might not be able to breath as easily as a 4 valve DOHC setup and pay a small penalty in power and economy as a result.

You win some. You lose some.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 12-04-2009, 12:49 AM   #3069
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305pride View Post
i like feed back in my steering
i do as well, that is why im a little hesitant in getting a camaro. i just felt it didnt give me enough driver feedback for a sports car. i mean my grandparents buick almost did just as well as the camaro.......
Old 12-04-2009, 02:38 AM   #3070
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
LMAO @ Kottons sig. Always something new on the board to make me laugh.

Also there won't be 0% financing on the Camaro because demand will still be too high.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:23 AM   #3071
Black GT
Banned

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
V6 sales are also much more important than V8 sales, and there is a lot more competition in the price range for the V6 than there is for the V8. At any rate, by all appearances the GT needs to have 400 hp , maybe more. I just don't see them pulling it off based on similar engines and the nature of Ford and the Mustang. Unless of course the bolt on a supercharger or something, in which case it should be delivering a lot more than 400/400. Though it might explain those numbers Black GT posted.

From what I understand it's an NA motor
Old 12-04-2009, 07:56 AM   #3072
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
i do as well, that is why im a little hesitant in getting a camaro. i just felt it didnt give me enough driver feedback for a sports car. i mean my grandparents buick almost did just as well as the camaro.......
i sat in the camaro at the dealership but it was liek their first camaro and didnt really let people test drive it "/
Old 12-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #3073
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
SWAT 79.

What type of cai and tune are you getting that will shave a half second and gain you 6 mph in trap speed? Thats about a 60 horsepower gain. Sounds like an absolutely killer set-up.

Id like to go to the same shop when I get a camaro so I can get a cai and tune and beat stock ls3 vettes.

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 12-04-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:36 AM   #3074
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
Didn't really impress me, but then again, i don't care for the car, save the front end. The center console still looks like it belongs in a truck and ambiant lighting is the gay, lol. In the cup holders even?? Sheesh...and let's not start on the rear section.

All that said, I can't wait till someone locally buys one! Then it's on! Just found out a neighbor has a Genesis, although it's the 2.0ltr Turbo, I'm trying to talk him into a race! How cool is it we have muscle car wars again?!?!?!

Wait, doesn't some verisons (2lt/2SS or is it the RS package?) have ambient lighing? Friend here got a GT and the ambient lightning was pretty cool IMHO. Also, sit in a 10/11 Mustang. i have been in the drivers seat of all 3 Ponies and the Mustangs is by by far the best put together and well laid out......
Old 12-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #3075
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
I actually like the sound when it's revved.... call me crazy but I think it SOUNDS like an inline 6 With the hood open.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #3076
SWAT 79

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
SWAT 79.

What type of cai and tune are you getting that will shave a half second and gain you 6 mph in trap speed? Thats about a 60 horsepower gain. Sounds like an absolutely killer set-up.

Id like to go to the same shop when I get a camaro so I can get a cai and tune and beat stock ls3 vettes.
Who said anything of a half second and 6 mph in trap speed? Its really only about 3 tenths of a second. The mustang is a lot faster then these magazines ran...most are running 13.3-13.4 stock, before break in. Check out some mustang forums, you'll be humbled to say the least.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:26 AM   #3077
returnofcc
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
LMAO @ Kottons sig. Always something new on the board to make me laugh.

Also there won't be 0% financing on the Camaro because demand will still be too high.
You have nothing to base that off of except for purely speculation. I am basing mine off of analysis of incentive offers for similar cars over the years (Chevrolet and Mustang)
Old 12-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #3078
returnofcc
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoTToN View Post
I think you explained everything out pretty well, and i agree with the m3 and 911 remark.

Someone came on here and said no replacement for displacement, then someone jumped in and said oh yea well the 100k 911 is faster than the 31k camaro
No replacement for displacement...Except FI, Engineering, Germans, and Money!!
Old 12-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #3079
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Well, in a foolish attempt to steer the thread back on track...

If the rumored 5.0 isn't going to have direct injection, I for one do not believe it will achieve 400hp, even with a dual overhead cam system. If it does, it will be at a very high RPM, so expect torque to suffer more. Considering the market they are selling to though, that would be dumb.

My perspective on it is that if they do try to stuff enough tech into this engine to hit high power numbers, it will probably drive cost up. Which in the real world is where decisions are made anyhow. Since I was right on with my power predictions for the 2010 refresh, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Mustang will gain over 200lbs and not top 385hp. I just don't see it going further than that. A 400hp Mustang would cost too much more than a Camaro, and that just isn't Ford's M.O.
quoted and will bring it back when the time is right. thanks
Old 12-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #3080
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
SWAT 79.

LMAO

Closed Thread