Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #3165
returnofcc
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT 79 View Post
Haha, we'll miss you return, but that's not a terrible idea.
Lol, don't worry, return always returns
Old 12-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #3166
Justcallme61

Drives: 2000 honda accord v6
Does anyone else get a Nissan-esque feel from the new Mustang?
Old 12-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #3167
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
Or maybe we're fans of all the pony cars, but we own Mustangs. There aren't really a lot of Mustang people on this site, it's just that the people who are post frequently.
Yep,that would be me,i love pony cars,my first love was the '93 Z28. I will never understand this need to draw lines in the sand and love one or the other but not both. It's fun to pick at the other guys but at the end of the day,i love Camaros and Mustangs and 2nd Gen Firebirds most of all.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #3168
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Mustang owners pay tribute to Lakewood cops

Thought this was kewl.

LAKEWOOD, Wash - Cars were cruising for a cause Saturday in an unusual tribute to the five police officers shot and killed in Parkland and Seattle within a month's time.

About 40 Ford Mustangs filled the parking lot at Forza Coffee Co. - where the four Lakewood officers were killed. It's also the spot where this car club used to meet.

It was their way of remembering the fallen officers, as they slowly drove in procession to the site, engines revving.

"I hope this shows there is strength in this community. We stand united behind the Lakewood police," says Justin Stoicovy, who helped organize the event.

"Thank you for your courageous service and sacrifice to the friends and family of our fallen officers. They will be missed," he adds.

The car club brought a memorial plaque and placed it with all the other mementoes to the fallen officers that are accumulating outside the coffee shop.

"They should be thanked every day - not just for a tragedy - but for every day they're out there on patrol," says Ryan Elkins, who hopes to be a police officer.

At times the emotion overwhelmed some of the members as they contemplated the horrific reality of five officers gunned down in cold blood - including one from Seattle.

Coincidentally, a member of the Mustang club has a connection to the Seattle case, in which Officer Tim Brenton was shot dead as he sat in his patrol car with another officer.

Kevin Holmes knows Christopher Monfort, who is accused of killing Brenton. Holmes and Monfort used to play guitar together.

"It's tough to put into words how you feel when a person you know (and) considered a friend would do something like that," he says.

It made him more determined to get his group involved in honoring the officers. They all have cars in common - and are now bound by tragedy.

The Mustang club will take the plaque they placed here and present it to the Lakewood Police Department sometime next week.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #3169
Captain Vlad

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Quite cool.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #3170
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
It's "new"...it's also 50k less, things tend to seem 'better' when they're closer to reach.
I'm absolutely agreeing with you here, particularly on the first portion of the statement. Chevy obviously hit the mark stylistically as far as the target audience is concerned, but anybody who seriously believes that the kind of attention the Camaro is receiving now can last long term they are probably just setting themselves up for a let down. Every volume care eventually suffers the effects of time, including cars we would typically consider relatively low volume like the current 911 or even the Vette. The more familiar something becomes the less impressed people in general seem to be with it.

That doesn't mean the car can't continue to do well, but eventually the wow will wear off a bit unless Gm can find a new way to engender the kind of awe we are seeing now.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #3171
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Fogive me if this OBVIOUS point has already been made ( I wasn't going to read all 9 pages to find out.)

But the "No replacement for displacement" arguement is alittle deeper than just.....

My 6.0 liter G8 is automatically better than a 3.x liter 911 turbo.

No one with half a brain would think that.

However!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-- If the sole purpose was to build the most powerful engine you possibly could. The higher displacment engine would create more power.

That doesn't mean my L76 engine is more powerful. Not with its internals, But if you are building two engines from the ground up with the only intention to make the most power.

The bigger the displacment the more power.

Thus-- No replacment for displacement is born.

Glad I could help....

Old 12-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #3172
brjray

Drives: -
I wonder if it will be similar to the C6 using the LS2 for 3 years and then getting the LS3. The gen 5 DI v8 should be ready for the 2012 C7 stingray model so I would think the Camaro would also receive the change.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #3173
NoUCantDriveIt

Drives: 2SS RS M6 CGM/Black Rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Vlad View Post
Quite cool.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:26 PM   #3174
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
I'm absolutely agreeing with you here, particularly on the first portion of the statement. Chevy obviously hit the mark stylistically as far as the target audience is concerned, but anybody who seriously believes that the kind of attention the Camaro is receiving now can last long term they are probably just setting themselves up for a let down. Every volume care eventually suffers the effects of time, including cars we would typically consider relatively low volume like the current 911 or even the Vette. The more familiar something becomes the less impressed people in general seem to be with it.

That doesn't mean the car can't continue to do well, but eventually the wow will wear off a bit unless Gm can find a new way to engender the kind of awe we are seeing now.
Agree with this,i bought a bright red '95 Camaro new,that style was still newish and i have never received so much attention as that car brought,anywhere i went people wanted to talk about that car. Now,after a few years,it was just another Camaro. Same with the '05 Mustang GT,man,that car could stop traffic when it was new,now,it's just another Mustang.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:47 PM   #3175
nascarnate326
Team Green

Drives: 1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Send a message via AIM to nascarnate326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
i have been in the drivers seat of all 3 Ponies and the Mustangs is by by far the best put together and well laid out......
I agree, but you wont find that popular here

Camaro makes girls wet = what I drive.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #3176
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
Camaro v6 10" Vs Speed3 10" Vs Mustang V6 "10

What do you guys think will win? as in racing..as in drag racing?

chevy camaro = 304hp
Mazda Speed 3 = 265hp
ford mustang = 210hp

Camaro = 3.6L V6
Mustang = 4.0L V6
Speed3 = 2.3L DISI Turbo

Camaro = RWD
Mustang = RWD
Speed3 = FWD

Camaro = 3780
Mustang = 3400lbs
Speed3 = 3246lbs

20 roll
40 roll
dig?
Old 12-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #3177
returnofcc
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 VW GTI
From either a 20 roll or a 40 roll, I can say with relative confidence that the speed3 will win. The mustang will be way behind, the camaro will be pretty close, but the fwd/weight advantage of the speed3 from a roll will make it the winner.
From a dig, the rwd advantage of the camaro will probably give it the win. The problem with fwd cars is that they are extremely hard to launch properly. There is so much torque steer and wheel hop that it takes a lot of practice to properly launch, so I would say camaro from a dig.
The mustang is extremely slow, it won't be anywhere near the other two.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #3178
SWAT 79

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnate326 View Post
I agree, but you wont find that popular here

Camaro makes girls wet = what I drive.

Hahaha, my bro girls love all muscle cars, mustangs camaro's challengers vettes....they all help take the pants off.

Closed Thread