Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-27-2023, 03:07 PM   #323
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
It’s only political because people refuse to consider the fact that automakers are making the heavy shift to EV and spending billions of dollars to do so because it makes the most business sense for them, not because they are being told to do so.

California (and other states) mandating zero emissions vehicles by 2035? Political.

GM, VW, and other automakers pledging to shift to zero emissions BEFORE California’s executive order? Business decision.
I agree, with a few tweaks. Automakers are indeed doing this because ultimately they see efficiencies and engineering/production cost reductions. It also makes business sense because of government coercion. Both can be true in parallel. Combine those motivational factors, and you've got your answer. Follow the money. The public face of it though from a marketing perspective is bogus.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 03:25 PM   #324
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by xerato View Post
In my opinion, building electric vehicles is a good idea, but it needs some improvement.
Spammer
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 03:49 PM   #325
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
Got nothing to do with differing opinions. This site has a no politics rule. I come here for Camaro and cars, not political drivel. It is you guys that need to respect the rules set forth by those that run this website.

If you want to go run your political view points about how climate change is a scam, is real, big bad government coming to take your ICE vehicles away, EV's save the planet, etc there are other websites that have political sections for that BS.

I don't give a crap if you like EV's or not. But you should be able to separate your political view points from them and keep these discussions non-political as much as possible because the admins have made political BS not allowed.

Simple. Their house, their rules. Get out if you don't like it.
I don’t believe I’ve been political and I’m confident you’re not in a position to tell me what to do.

The topic is EVs and I’m expressing a negative opinion and why.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 03:51 PM   #326
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
The switch to EVs is inherently political to some degree. THEY stuck their nose in it with subsidies. Reading this thread is also optional. Sorry we've upset you. I agree though the personal attacks and insults have no place here. Some have showed up in this thread to do only that.
Some degree? Sure. But those who get riled up over EV's because of their political views also don't need to read this thread. It's very much possible to discuss EV's without going into that political connection. Go watch Hannity, Don Lemon, Blitzer, Carlson, etc if you want an outlet of your political anger.

If you can't discuss EV's without going outside the rules of this forum, it is us that needs to say sorry we upset you for discussing EV's. Reading this thread is optional. It's amazing how it's those that want to have civil discussions within the websites rules get told to stay out if we don't like it. Not the opposite for those that disagree with the forum rules and can't help themselves.

Last edited by ChevyRules; 01-27-2023 at 04:03 PM.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 03:55 PM   #327
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
The new E-RAM looks interesting
Looks like it will have a gas generator to extend range.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...tender-report/

The article states that a Rivian towing 50% of max payload has a range of 110 miles. Leaving yourself the bare minimum safety margin you’re under 100 miles of range. I don’t know what that equates to per day if you’re traveling, 250 miles in a day?

Give me at least three more years and I hope to be retired and hauling an RV, likely with a 150 or 250.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:57 PM   #328
ChevyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I don’t believe I’ve been political and I’m confident you’re not in a position to tell me what to do.

The topic is EVs and I’m expressing a negative opinion and why.
Climate change is political, has ZERO bearing on actual discussion of EV's, etc.

And that is all you have been posting the past few pages is climate change crap. Massively off topic for this thread.

I may not be a mod, but I am getting sick and tired of the inability to discuss EV's in any civil manner without politics getting thrown into it. At least go back to posting crap about EV's waiting to set your house on fire because at least that isn't political.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:04 PM   #329
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Looks like it will have a gas generator to extend range.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...tender-report/

The article states that a Rivian towing 50% of max payload has a range of 110 miles. Leaving yourself the bare minimum safety margin you’re under 100 miles of range. I don’t know what that equates to per day if you’re traveling, 250 miles in a day?

Give me at least three more years and I hope to be retired and hauling an RV, likely with a 150 or 250.
The range extender for the Ram EV is being considered as possible optional content, not a standard feature. It would be a cool add-on if they actually choose to offer it. It would be interesting to see how they would price the option.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 04:34 PM   #330
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Climate change is political, has ZERO bearing on actual discussion of EV's, etc.

And that is all you have been posting the past few pages is climate change crap. Massively off topic for this thread.

I may not be a mod, but I am getting sick and tired of the inability to discuss EV's in any civil manner without politics getting thrown into it. At least go back to posting crap about EV's waiting to set your house on fire because at least that isn't political.
I don’t care what you’re sick and tired of dude. Not my problem.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:39 PM   #331
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
The range extender for the Ram EV is being considered as possible optional content, not a standard feature. It would be a cool add-on if they actually choose to offer it. It would be interesting to see how they would price the option.
It seems to me EV trucks will be novelties unless they do something like that. I could see commuters who like big vehicles using them, but not people who want to do any kind of serious truck work.

Tomorrow I’ll drive 300 miles, haul 3 people and a couple of hundred pounds of gear, in my Camaro. Gas up when I start out and be good until I return. No worries. Typical Saturday other than sometimes we take my son’s Mustang.

I wouldn’t be comfortable doing that in an EV truck.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:51 PM   #332

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
So, if I’m keeping score, in the “not buying it” column there’s Wyzz Kidd and a number of other Camaro6 members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
You’re right. This about sums it up. People spewing nonsense in vast amounts of rambling and regurgitated material while refusing to accept facts are a special kind of stupid. Continuing to make a crazy number of posts about absolutely wrong information makes just one stupid, ignorant and I dare say…gullible as hell.

I don’t even care if the forum gods bam me for life. I can just make another account. But this Wyzz Kidd character is probably the stupidest most ignorant person I’ve seen on here in 13 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
So, I haven't been here for 13 years, but you have my vote for the past 6 years.
Rules violations?....See the above three posts, for example.

Quote:
So you don’t care about the rules of this forum?

Got it.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 04:51 PM   #333
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Personally I like the direction Chevy took with the E-ray, Though I'm not a Fan of Electric Vehicles. I like the Idea of having the 2 separate power plants. If my Camaro had the same setup that would be ok.
My reason for the "not liking" the Electrics is Range, granted I don't travel more than 200 miles in a week. My "what if", is going to see the kids which is South Florida

In say 3 to 4 years that may not be a concern.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 05:20 PM   #334
ChevyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Rules violations?....See the above three posts, for example.
I deleted my quoted post because I was getting riled up.

But, absolutely.

Hence this post I made. I was calling out the whole discussion, not the individuals.

Quote:
Two posts out of how many in the past few pages been on topic and the rest have been insults, climate change debate, and other political drivel.

Two on topic posts will not save this thread and the trend it is going in.
It was when the individuals replied to me did my responses become more focused.
Old 01-27-2023, 05:40 PM   #335
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
Personally I like the direction Chevy took with the E-ray, Though I'm not a Fan of Electric Vehicles. I like the Idea of having the 2 separate power plants. If my Camaro had the same setup that would be ok.
My reason for the "not liking" the Electrics is Range, granted I don't travel more than 200 miles in a week. My "what if", is going to see the kids which is South Florida

In say 3 to 4 years that may not be a concern.
I feel the same way. They certainly went a better way than the Banshee with a fake transmission and fake exhaust sounds.

Hybrid’s make sense to me. All wheel drive, lots of torque, efficiency of recapturing energy from the brakes rather than losing it to heat, good range, lower emissions, I thought this would be the winning tech, except for the cost of two powertrains.
Old 01-27-2023, 06:49 PM   #336
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
The new E-RAM looks interesting
Yeah about as interesting as a shirt pocket...
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote