Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-12-2014, 01:48 PM   #323
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Im not a challenger fan except for the hellcat, I would def take a 13-14 stang even over a 392...its simply more for the money.
Oh, I agree! The mustang has definitely step their game up with the tech and front lights and rear lights! I just love the big Retro muscle look of the challenger! But I just can't stand the boring all black interior of the challenger! So trust me I do think it does make more sense to go with the mustang! The challenger just has a mean get out my way and all business look and the mustang not so much! I love the 392 inaugural edition white with blue stripes exterior and interior! That thing is sick!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:54 PM   #324
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Now I hear the 2015 Mustang weight gain is 80 lbs. Anyone have real numbers?
Old 07-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #325
thxultra

Drives: Mean ass V6
Quote:
Check out a 2014 Premium interior...it's nice. Base interiors are garbage imo.

I agree the base interior was awful. All hard plastic I couldn't believe it. I remember my mustang had a stitched dash and was much nicer. I did have the premium interior though. That would be a must if I ever got another mustang. Love the pony car wars though glad to see Ford and Dodge making respectable pony cars because this makes all these cars even better.
thxultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #326
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxultra View Post
I agree the base interior was awful. All hard plastic I couldn't believe it. I remember my mustang had a stitched dash and was much nicer. I did have the premium interior though. That would be a must if I ever got another mustang. Love the pony car wars though glad to see Ford and Dodge making respectable pony cars because this makes all these cars even better.
This is pretty damn nice...Soft touch on the dash, and around teh center stack..seats are good too.

87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:54 PM   #327
thxultra

Drives: Mean ass V6
Quote:
This is pretty damn nice...Soft touch on the dash, and around teh center stack..seats are good too.

I agreed with you earlier that the Premium interior was much nicer then the base interior on the mustang. I also think the 2015 interior is leaps and bounds better then the 2014. Once again I would need the premium interior because I would want the touch screen sync system also (hopefully it is faster then the current touch screen sync system)... One bummer with both the Camaro and mustang is how you need an expensive kit to replace the radio because of the way they integrate the a/c controls. One thing I really like about the new wrx is the kit to replace the radio only cost $11 vs he one for the Camaro and mustang that are over $200.
thxultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:39 PM   #328
717Stunna

Drives: 2010 Slp Camaro ZL327
I trade my car for a Z06 lambo or M6
717Stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #329
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Now that the final specs are out it's funny to read some of the predictions. I was way off on price but my HP and weight figures were pretty spot on. Now that the final specs are out I can now say no, I will not be getting a 2015 Mustang. I will wait until the 2016 model year of pony cars comes out and I will pick the best car for the money. At that point it could be the SS, Scat Pack Challenger or if Mustang GT if they raise the power.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #330
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
^^^^^^^This^^^^^^. I am disappointed with Fords numbers on the 16 5.0. Now I'm going to abandon ship and say probably not going to get a new (15+) 5-0 bc of these numbers. Ford might have got too comfortable with the 11+ coyote eating the competition.

This is why I personally have zero brand loyalty lol. I think in the future they might increase the 5.0 to a 5.4 or 6.0 coyote (which will be a beast) but thats my 100% speculation w/o any facts or hearsay. For the time being I will slightly mod out my ss, and probably pick up a 12/13 5.0 and call it a day.

Come 2015/2016 I will then figure out what i will do next. Too early to tell.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:30 AM   #331
Fraxum

I think now that we have more info on the 6th gen Camaro, we should not get our hopes too high on a lighter Camaro. According to the latest leaks the Camaro will be based on the CTS version of the ATS Alpha platform and the next Camaro will be roughly the same size as now, but slightly skinnier.

What I think is once the dust settles both the Mustang and Camaro will be roughly the same weight. So the contest will be LT1 versus a Bossish 5.0. And I think given how good the current Zeta platform is on a road course, and the Alpha handling raves, the Camaro will still win a road course contest.

And now we also know that the 6th gen will look a lot like the 5th gen. Never mind the Camaro second gen look. To me a shame as that is the best looking Camaro ever.

Now let the Internet racing begin.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:47 AM   #332
Fraxum

Okay, the 2015 GT Mustang is here. Now we know so much more:
  • In looks, both the 2014-15 Camaro and 2015 Mustang have taken knocks on the new styling and on the other hand some like the new models more. But kids still flock to the Camaro. Slight Advantage Camaro
  • The 2015 Mustang is now roughly only 100 pounds lighter with comparable models. -Advantage Mustang
  • While gaining some weight, Ford added a little more power. So the Mustang with equal driver will still be a faster in a straight line than an SS Camaro. - Advantage Mustang
  • The Mustang has an even nicer interior than before, the Camaro is still sad for the money. - Advantage Mustang
  • While Ford did alot of work with braces and IRS, from the online reports so far the GT PP will still not be able to catch a 1LE with equal drivers. - Advantage Camaro
  • The Mustang driving quality experience has been improved. - Draw (The Camaro used to have an advantage here)
  • The Mustang added new options unavailable on the Camaro. Although if you want a sunroof, the Camaro is the only choice. - Advantage Mustang
  • The Mustang has more Engine choices. - Advantage Mustang (Although we are just comparing the GT to the SS.)
  • The track upgrade naming is GT PP versus SS 1LE. - Big advantage Camaro
  • The Mustang still is easier to see out of. - Advantage Mustang
  • Braking? Ford has improved the GT PP with 6 piston Brembos. - Most likely advantage Mustang
  • Transmission/Shifting? The Camaro used to have an advantage here, the first reports are saying the Mustang is improved. - Call it a draw for now.
  • Pricing? I compared a base manual GT PP and Recaros to a 1SS 1LE with Recaros. The Ford was $3,000 cheaper. - Big advantage Mustang

Can you think of any other meanaingful comparisons? I'll bet Ford went over the list with a fine comb.

Last edited by Fraxum; 09-23-2014 at 06:06 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:24 AM   #333
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Damn good job Fraxum. I agree with nearly everything you said on the comps. My only other advantage that I will give the Camaro is the sunroof. This is exactly what made me get an ss over a track pack 5.0.

Im surprised Ford did not make it an available factory option as this is a bigee to me personally. I had to also search high and low to find my 2011 sti limited sedan with a sunroof. Seems gm is the only one that got this concept.

Im dying to see how the lt1 powered 6th gen will do with the '15 5.0. Too early to say but going off gut instict we just might have the winning hand (just a guess), as the C7's are such a beast.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:51 AM   #334
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Damn good job Fraxum. I agree with nearly everything you said on the comps. My only other advantage that I will give the Camaro is the sunroof. This is exactly what made me get an ss over a track pack 5.0.

Im surprised Ford did not make it an available factory option as this is a bigee to me personally. I had to also search high and low to find my 2011 sti limited sedan with a sunroof. Seems gm is the only one that got this concept.

Im dying to see how the lt1 powered 6th gen will do with the '15 5.0. Too early to say but going off gut instict we just might have the winning hand (just a guess), as the C7's are such a beast.
Me too, I like the sun roof. Ford had the advantage of being able to compare the 5th Gen Camaro to the new Mustang. Chevy will at least have a quick look at the new Mustang for some last minute small changes.

My opinion on the C6 Camaro is that it will weigh about the same as the new Mustang at best. It may be about the same weight as now. The new LT1 should give the Camaro a slight advantage or at least make it a draw. We shall see.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:37 AM   #335
Fraxum

Interesting comparison from 1986. Especailly interesting to me as I chose an '86 GT over any '86 Camaro. Many parallels here to today.

Notice in this test the Camaro howled like a Coyote? I wonder if this test is where the Coyote engine name came from. The Mustang won this comparison by being the better car.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test
Old 09-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #336
AF1Strider

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS
Just gonna leave this here.......
AF1Strider is offline   Reply With Quote