Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 09-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #337
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
Yeah, I'm saying that it will probably be okay because the good side, providing it's firmly attached, should be strong enough to give the whole thing mechanical strength so it shouldn't move (I'm basing that on my personal experimenting with similar tiny components and bad boards... YMMV)

There's a very small chance that thermal cycling, vibration, shocks, or any combination thereof could weaken and pull the attached pad because the LED is exerting more strain on it. It would then eventually lose connection to one or both traces because of constant movement. If either pad loses connection to its trace then the LED won't get power.
Like I said, though, I wouldn't worry about it. That's more of an issue with space-flight components while they're taking a violent rocket ride into space. At least that's what QA likes to tell me, anyway.
Thank you I appreciate the help, without people like you I'd but up $#!t$ creek right now
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #338
creektrack

Drives: N/A
To follow up on some info on the contact pad...these lights are ran in circuits, so if one led/connection is bad, it will usually make 2 or 3 other leds not work, which is when the irritating part of trouble shooting begins...its kinda like an old christmas light strand, one bad bulb will discontinue the electricity in the loop causing the circuit to stop working...

Ive had contact pads tear off before and usually you can just throw some extra solder down to recreate the trace for the pad...worse case scenario would be to use a very small wire to make a new trace, or a whole new path altogether...

But good work, and yes, the first time you light up the dash it feels like a brand new car all over again, makes it more enjoyable to drive...IMO its one of the best cosmetic mods for the everyday driver...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
creektrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #339
MikeMoach

here is mine :party0048:

i had it set dim to show the red, and also so the white doesnt make the red lettering on the gauges themselves look orange

Name:  photo63.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  94.9 KB
Old 09-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #340
LIV4MUDDIN

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
here is mine :party0048:

i had it set dim to show the red, and also so the white doesnt make the red lettering on the gauges themselves look orange

Attachment 427752
Looks good.
LIV4MUDDIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #341
MikeMoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIV4MUDDIN View Post
Looks good.
Thank you but might change the water temp and fuel gauge face so I'm not sure if this is complete yet, but I love it either way
Old 10-05-2012, 05:11 AM   #342
MikeMoach

Ok I'm having trouble yet again

When trying to put the lights switch back together the knob pushed apart, so I thought I lined it up right with it set to auto and when I rotate it left it springs back

But nothing works can't turn the lights to park on or off, but the lights come on at night automatically

Any ideas what I did wrong?

Last edited by MikeMoach; 10-05-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #343
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Damn...this is nice! Love the look!

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #344
MikeMoach

Quote:
Ok I'm having trouble yet again

When trying to put the lights switch back together the knob pushed apart, so I thought I lined it up right with it set to auto and when I rotate it left it springs back

But nothing works can't turn the lights to park on or off, but the lights come on at night automatically

Any ideas what I did wrong?
anyone?
Old 10-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #345
creektrack

Drives: N/A
Quote:
anyone?
Check the very last post..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=disable+drl

creektrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #346
MikeMoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by creektrack View Post
Check the very last post..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=disable+drl

Thank you Creektrack I resurrected that thread
Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #347
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Hey guys,
I'm just getting around to fixing my temperature gauge servo that hasn't worked. I got another unit, and I'm trying to get it apart. The instructions on the first page are not clear about how to get the surround off around the temp/gas gauges. I know there are 3 tabs. The last time, I broke all 3 of these. Luckily, they press-fit tight when putting it back together. However, this time, I thought I'd do it without breaking them.

The picture shows the 3 tabs, but this is after you get the circuit board off. I can't seem to be able to find the 3 tabs around the surround from the front. Is that how they are supposed to be released?
Old 10-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #348
MikeMoach

No they come from the backside, I used a small flathead and gently from from the outside of the tab with a small twist and pull from the other side with my hand enough so it doesn't clip back when I do the other clips

Just don't push with the screwdriver it will push through and hit the gauge face
Old 10-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #349
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
I'm still not getting it. To get the circuit board off, the needles have to come off. To get to the gas/temp needles, you need to remove the surrounds. I'm looking at the circuit board side, and I don't see any holes to get in there to release the surrounds. How do you get to them from the back side?
Old 10-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #350
MikeMoach

Oh sorry your at the fun part

After you take off the mph and tach needles you start on clipping all the white clips on the back side holding the circuit board to the face, I started at the top of the tach and worked clockwise when you get to the bottom the needle will be holding it together, I used a small flathead here too and just pry slightly under the needle and it'll pop off

It's a Lil tricky but don't strong arm it and you should be fine