Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #351
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Because I'm a car guy first.

Norm

So am I but I don't got to forums only for mustangs.
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:38 PM   #352
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisprz2010camaross View Post
So am I but I don't got to forums only for mustangs.
I don't either but I don't say they should not be on the Camaro forum. As long as they show respect they get respect. Besides the good ones have actually dispelled false information here and also taken things they learned here to be the truth to their forums to dispel false information on that side. To me I see nothing wrong with those type members.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:49 PM   #353
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I don't either but I don't say they should not be on the Camaro forum. As long as they show respect they get respect. Besides the good ones have actually dispelled false information here and also taken things they learned here to be the truth to their forums to dispel false information on that side. To me I see nothing wrong with those type members.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it also as long as they don't try to say why the mustang is "better" I'm fine with them but I was just curious.
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:28 PM   #354
BobDigi5060

Drives: 97' A4, 08' Mustang, 15' Legacy
Quote:
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it also as long as they don't try to say why the mustang is "better" I'm fine with them but I was just curious.
Camaro, Mustang, Chalenger... Each is an acquired taste.

I'm not going to have a pissing contest about which is better for you or I, but pretty much anything car related should be up for discussion.
BobDigi5060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:44 PM   #355
Spoolin

Drives: 2014 SW 1LE
Quote:
In some areas, mustang are better.
Spoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:00 AM   #356
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Camaro, Mustang, Chalenger... Each is an acquired taste.

I'm not going to have a pissing contest about which is better for you or I, but pretty much anything car related should be up for discussion.
OK I get what you are saying but frankly I do want you to say what is better, worse or equal. I'm a bit shocked that this is even a discussion on here as I've foumd C5, for the most part, pretty accommodating to most questions. Frankly, you as a current Mustang owner need to tell us what is better about your car if we are to learn anything about other brands.

I have to say after spending some time on one of the Mustang forums I'll never go back to it because the posts are just bizarre and really way out there. They seem to be just making up facts out of thin air and most just jump on board about how right they are and then it degrades into some sort of weird Mustang love fest. Unfortunately I can not undo what I've read but it is disturbing how out of touch some of those guys are with reality.

As Camaro owners we all realize our cars short comings, it's not a secret. Having input from other car guys, regardless of their current ride, is good for everyone. We listen, we learn. I for one, welcome the input of others and the opportunity for a glimpse into your car and what it takes to make it do what it does. We need to be inclusive, except for a few of the idiots on the one forum especially the one mentioned in previous posts. He is just out there or on meds because he can't keep the 1LE, ZL1 or Z/28 straight and just intermixed the specs and fills the middle in with pure BS and his own long winded idiotic pontifications. But the few Pony guys here on C5 seem pretty cool to me.

I'm done on this topic and what I've learned is the 1LE really is a kick ass deal for a killer car and some people just can't accept the facts and when confronted with them they tailspin into some sort of alternate reality where they make excuses until everything goes their way.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:26 AM   #357
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
That is typically what I noticed about Mustang fans, many of them just blindly state that the Mustang is just better without really giving a reason. Then they state the fact that the Camaro was gone for a few years as to why for example a 2014 Mustang is better then a 2014 Camaro. That is why I find most Mustang fans to be useless and would rather go look at a Mustang to see where it is better then the Camaro myself.

Here is the thing about the Zeta Camaro, while the platform is over weight (and it is over weight) and the car is a bit too large in some areas. It is a very solid platform and GM performance guys really know how to set their performance cars up be it the Camaro, Corvette, or V series Cadillac. The 1LE is just an example of a well sorted car, I actually think it might be like the E46 M3 (a point in time where we might look back and said they got it right there, you have to be familiar with BMW fans to understand).

I do not know why people are making such a huge deal about the front end on the Mustang, I look at a 2013 GT500 Mustang and it is near identical. It is a good looking car IMHO, does it really matter if it has some styling elements similar to the Ford Fusion?.

It will be interesting to see what Ford does with this new platform, I will be waiting to see and I expect big things.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:52 AM   #358
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Spies. Those that join several different forums are those people that want to be informed about what the "other" guy is doing, the nature of competitevness. It's probably a way for them to substantiate their decisions and get affirmation for them. Nothing wrong about being informed, just as long as you're not stirring up the pot....like some people do.
I think there is more then some....and they stir the pot with a big spoon.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:18 AM   #359
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostPony View Post
I am a life long Mustang fan, but am also an enthusiast who has owned a wide variety of cars over the years. This car disappoints, plain and simple.

First "Weightgate", and Ford's claims to have met their goals on weight. They changed their tune mid stream on this one, first saying or implying it would be lighter. Later just saying they met their goals and not saying what the hell that goal was.

Then saying they targeted the Boss 302 for performance. This was dumb as the 1LE had already trounced the Boss in magazine tests. They also offered that the competition was every car BUT a Camaro. BS!!!

Every person who has ever looked at a Mustang knows the Camaro is the DIRECT competition to this car. Saying things like targeting a 911 or M3 does not distract from that fact.

The next gen Camaro will be even quicker than the current one, even if it weighs the same, or God forbid a little more.

I for one find little redeeming about the new Mustang. I could give two s%^&s about how it cruises on the road because that is not my primary reason for buying a Mustang. It is performance, plain and simple. Deliver me a car that can lay the smack on cars twice its price, and its cross town rival. The Boss 302 did that. Then GM responded. Now Ford has dropped the ball.

It's 1994 all over again.

I agree with you...when car companies introduce a new model, the whole idea is to make improvements in design...performance ..and reliability when compared to the model or version they are replacing. It had better out perform your competitions older models as well. It should be able do it bone stock....they have had 5 plus years to compare and develope the car vs the existing model and the competition.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:17 AM   #360
DivineStrike

Drives: 05 Ranger Fx4, VW GTI, CBR600RR
I just want to say two things. One, I am here because I am a fan of cars and have always liked the 5th Gen camaro since it's inception. I also may consider getting a 6th Gen if when I test drive one, I like it more than the mustang I am soon to own.

Two:

Apparently we have confirmation the Base Mustang GT with zero options weighs in at 3577lbs IRL. So a base GT w/ PP and recaro's could easily weigh between 3600-3660. Please discuss your thoughts please.

I know some of you would hate who the source is, just as I question him as well. But I have no reason to believe he would blatantly lie about the weight number he received from whatever race team or whoever he got the info from. I do however question much of his speculation. But if he has real numbers, he has numbers.
DivineStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:33 AM   #361
Erik427

Drives: 1970 Camaro, 2011 Mustang GT, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineStrike View Post
I just want to say two things. One, I am here because I am a fan of cars and have always liked the 5th Gen camaro since it's inception. I also may consider getting a 6th Gen if when I test drive one, I like it more than the mustang I am soon to own.

Two:

Apparently we have confirmation the Base Mustang GT with zero options weighs in at 3577lbs IRL. So a base GT w/ PP and recaro's could easily weigh between 3600-3660. Please discuss your thoughts please.

I know some of you would hate who the source is, just as I question him as well. But I have no reason to believe he would blatantly lie about the weight number he received from whatever race team or whoever he got the info from. I do however question much of his speculation. But if he has real numbers, he has numbers.
I will have to see this car weighed before I believe it. Just too much false hype about this car.
Erik427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:57 AM   #362
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Last couple of pages were a good read :shrug:

I'd love to see the confirmed weight on this thing. Maybe one of these near future track days one of the guys will bring a new 2015 and we can throw it on the scale with/without the driver.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:59 AM   #363
big hammer

Drives: 2002 ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineStrike View Post

Two:

you're just regurgitation junk info from the pill. he has been nothing but wrong, wrong and more wrong about every aspect of this car. remember that 3400 pound, 500 hp gt that was coming out? yeah....

he's going off of Euro weight specs, adding seats that "lose close to 100 pounds" (lol) and now you have a factory ford mustang under 3600, which quite simply does not exist. if ford made a mustang under 3600, you would know about it. the pill has been caught in his blatant lies over and over again, and is still trying to save face.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:10 AM   #364
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
No 2015 Mustang GT weighs less that 3705 lbs.
The difference in weight is now just 155 lbs. Mustang's claim to fame since the Fox Body days was that it weighed less than Camaro and also cost less. The weight thing is down to almost nothing and the Mustang is now more expensive.

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/spe...ns/capacities/
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote