Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #351
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
The amount of reps/sets and intensity do matter depending on your goals. Generally speaking heavy low rep work is for strength. Lighter loads with more reps is hypertrophy(size). Regardless which you use adding weight whenever possible is desirable, this is how you get stronger. For example, if your working with heavy weights concentrating on building strength you would generally work with around 85% of your one rep max. So let's say you are squatting 200lbs and can do 3 sets x 6, your goal wouldn't be to do 3 x 7 it would be to increase weight, now you may go to 210lbs but cannot do 3 x6 so you stay at that weight until you can and then again increase the weight. This is how you get stronger.

If your working on hypertrophy you would follow the same basic principle except you will be working with around 70% of your one rep max and working in the 12 rep range

I often lift without a spotter and go pretty close to failure, when doing so I use a power rack and take the time to set it up so in the event I fail I have safety measures in place, even so, when I know I'm going for failure I usually arrange for someone to spot me.
Now this makes sense! That's why I see guys at the gym with no definition but the bench/squad very heavy and others with huge body not lifting that much weight... but I thought more reps is for cutting and more weight is for more muscle???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
Monchy you may want to consider HIIT training in place of your cardio days. Especially if you are looking to kill the fat. Here's the study they conducted to find that HIIT training burns more fat than extended cardio. As it is often said, do you want to look like a sprinter or a long distance runner.

http://www.fastexercise.com/pdf/Canadian_Study.pdf
That's what I'm doing, since I'm not lifting on cardio days, I subscribe on You Tube with this Chinese guy "sixpackshortcut" he do the craziest HIIT I ever seen! Plus I have Insanity that I can use it too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I've been taking measurements all over the place to show progress. We came to the conclusion about weight after calculating lean body mass. At the time, we decided that I could safely get down to 158# and maintain muscle mass. Even though my training has changed, I'm confident that a value in that ballpark is accurate. Once there, I'm going to gradually increase my daily carb quota and my caloric intake.
I thought you bulk then cut... I have to see your photos! That's the prove of your workout...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Have to say Monchy36....you asked before....so I decided when I rolled out of bed this morning to take a pic Like I told you I am just an average looking guy.....I've only trained going on my 3rd week out of the past 9 so I am a little heavy right now at 218lbs.

Now you're officially part of here! you don't look like you need a lot of work...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
6 Week Progress pic
I seen definition coming up! Keep it up Kevin! You doing great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
all Raw, old but still motivating

Remind me NEVER! EVER! Piss you off!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #352
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Don't confuse the two, weight training is for gaining strength/ size. Diet and cardio are for cutting. Body builders often do light work with more reps when cutting but it' s usually for getting that defined look for competing. It' s very hard to build muscle while in a caloric deficit( cutting) and to have the energy to lift heavy that's why you alternate between cutting/ bulking but until body fat is low it's not what you should be doing
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #353
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Don't confuse the two, weight training is for gaining strength/ size. Diet and cardio are for cutting. Body builders often do light work with more reps when cutting but it' s usually for getting that defined look for competing. It' s very hard to build muscle while in a caloric deficit( cutting) and to have the energy to lift heavy that's why you alternate between cutting/ bulking but until body fat is low it's not what you should be doing
Got it now!

Last edited by Monchy36; 02-28-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #354
Yendor

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Quote:
Great advice!
Old 03-02-2014, 10:44 AM   #355
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

How we all doing? Well I took 2 days rest I'm ready for my new routine starting tomorrow! I expecting to see big changes in definition! Especially in my middle area!
Old 03-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #356
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
How we all doing? Well I took 2 days rest I'm ready for my new routine starting tomorrow! I expecting to see big changes in definition! Especially in my middle area!
Enjoying my rest day after finishing the first week of month 2 of Insanity. I can already see a change from Monday to today its crazy.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #357
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Old 03-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #358
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Enjoying my rest day after finishing the first week of month 2 of Insanity. I can already see a change from Monday to today its crazy.
keep it strong Kevin! At the end you're going to be so happy with the results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
What's up D! How's my big machine doing?
Old 03-02-2014, 01:21 PM   #359
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Quote:
keep it strong Kevin! At the end you're going to be so happy with the results!

What's up D! How's my big machine doing?
All is well. Just being lazy as hell today . How are you?
Old 03-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #360
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
All is well. Just being lazy as hell today . How are you?
Wifey got really sick and I spent all day with her in the hospital... got to love the wife!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #361
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Quote:
Wifey got really sick and I spent all day with her in the hospital... got to love the wife!
Hope she is ok.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #362
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
+1 hope everything is ok!
Old 03-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #363
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Hope she is doing better really soon!
Old 03-03-2014, 05:54 AM   #364
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Hope she is ok.
Quote:
+1 hope everything is ok!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Hope she is doing better really soon!
Thanks everybody for the good wishes! She was dehydrated and her body shut down... we still here but she's better now...