Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-01-2022, 06:56 PM   #365
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
This site is a nice help for finding local curvy roads:

https://roadcurvature.com/
Thank you, this is some super useful info

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 10:30 PM   #366
digitalfutur

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 A8
If the Car Fits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
just think, if you guys had challengers you could go faster and be more stable. silly boys
I'd have to put on about 60 lbs before I'd fit as comfortably in a Challenger as I do in my Camaro.
digitalfutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 01:29 PM   #367
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...r-shift-to-evs

What are the odds that some of that money is coming from any further Mustang R&D?
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 02:13 AM   #368
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...r-shift-to-evs

What are the odds that some of that money is coming from any further Mustang R&D?
From the 7th gen probably not much after that who knows. They've at least got their test mules out running around now so we know there is going to be a 7th gen and it doesn't seem like they're interested in letting their pony car die just yet.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 08:08 AM   #369
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
From the 7th gen probably not much after that who knows. They've at least got their test mules out running around now so we know there is going to be a 7th gen and it doesn't seem like they're interested in letting their pony car die just yet.
Yep. I think Ford will keep the mustang around as ICE as long as there is an engine it can share with the F-150
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 11:08 AM   #370
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yep. I think Ford will keep the mustang around as ICE as long as there is an engine it can share with the F-150
I figure it's only a matter of time till auto manufacturers get the EV specifics down and realize how much cheaper it is to share EV tech across their entire line. Imagine how little they would have to retool as there aren't nearly as many moving parts with EVs. The tech and the advancements would be with battery/charging and not a new engine that requires new cooling, which would then most likely warrant a new transmission, etc.

In seeing all the reviews of EV "Trucks", the biggest complaint seems to be after a few miles of heavy towing, passing power, etc. can be a little diminished. I figure that it's only a matter of time before they figure it out.

Based on the pre-order sales for Truck EVs, I'd say there is plenty of demand.

Old 02-08-2022, 11:14 AM   #371
sactownbwoy

Drives: '22 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
I figure it's only a matter of time till auto manufacturers get the EV specifics down and realize how much cheaper it is to share EV tech across their entire line. Imagine how little they would have to retool as there aren't nearly as many moving parts with EVs. The tech and the advancements would be with battery/charging and not a new engine that requires new cooling, which would then most likely warrant a new transmission, etc.

In seeing all the reviews of EV "Trucks", the biggest complaint seems to be after a few miles of heavy towing, passing power, etc. can be a little diminished. I figure that it's only a matter of time before they figure it out.

I read an article a few months back that Ford is looking to build a crate EV system. It would appear Ford is planning to do what you were suggesting.
sactownbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 11:23 AM   #372
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
Off topic a bit, but I really wish Ford put a V8 in the Bronco.
A lot of people do, but Ford doesn't really have a good V8 for the application. The Coyote is great in the mustang and from the people I have talked to that have it in the F-150 it's just ok. All the people I know with F-150s that do alot truck stuff much more prefer the ecoboost options for towing and hauling.

The 7.3 is really the only V8 ford has that would make sense for the application but that would be way over kill and not even sure if it would fit. I know its physically smaller than the 5.0 but Bronco is built on variation of next gen ranger platform which was never intended to have a V8

Quote:

I am sure they will eventually too, but as of now they still have not commited to all EV like GM has. I think for a while what they are going to do is offer EV versions of their most popular models and let the market decide.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 05:35 AM   #373
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:

You have just described GM’s Ultium battery and powertrain strategy they shared with us.

Last edited by Number 3; 02-09-2022 at 08:38 AM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 05:37 AM   #374
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by sactownbwoy View Post
I read an article a few months back that Ford is looking to build a crate EV system. It would appear Ford is planning to do what you were suggesting.
GM has announced this as well

https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...onnect-cruise/
Old 02-09-2022, 06:25 AM   #375
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
"In other words, it features an electric motor with 200 hp and 260 ft.-lbs. of torque."

"And the large battery pack weighs 1,000 pounds!"

"Complicating matters is the weight and size of the 60-kWh battery pack, which required removing the Blazer’s rear seats to fit, and helper springs to support, its boxy, half-tonnage."

Anyone else see something wrong with the "future"?
Old 02-09-2022, 08:38 AM   #376

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
"In other words, it features an electric motor with 200 hp and 260 ft.-lbs. of torque."

"Complicating matters is the weight and size of the 60-kWh battery pack, which required removing the Blazer’s rear seats to fit, and helper springs to support, its boxy, half-tonnage."

Plenty wrong. You certainly won't have the option of putting in a 427 crate motor in the "future". Fits right in with the future's so-called "choice" and "let the market place decide"...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 10:41 AM   #377
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

When i saw the battery out in the open like that, i immediately thought of the possibility of eventually having hot swapable batteries for road race cars like the EVSR which already does this, though the packaging is different, and the smaller battery is much lighter.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/e...e-176622.html#
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 10:58 AM   #378
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post

Umm, does the future that you see something wrong with involve taking these old platforms that were built with transmissions, transaxles, engine intercoolers, etc. in mind when considering future products? I suspect that the hardware needed for getting the equivalent of 1980s HP numbers probably weighs in less than the hardware used in the 1980s. Just a V8 by itself weighs what, 500-800 lbs., at least?