Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #3767
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
I will be on DR's and even though I trust you fully...i dont trust that you are telling me everything...lol..you know that it's a full concrete 1/4 so there will be some fast times to be had
I did not know that. In fact. This will be my first visit to that track. I'm looking forward to it.

As for not telling you everything, I understand your caution but I really don't have any tricks up my sleeve. What you see is what you get with me. I've been around the car/drag racing scene for far too long to know that is usually not the case, but then I'm not a hardcore racer, either. It's all about the fun of it for me.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #3768
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
get both cars on the same track on the same day run it with the same driver that is not partial to either car or owner and run them both in consecutive runs in the same lane.. make 3 passes each car and average the times...

or swap drivers for each pass and swap lanes every other pass. and run them 6 times and average the times...

I think that will tell you which car is better...
Old 12-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #3769
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
get both cars on the same track on the same day run it with the same driver that is not partial to either car or owner and run them both in consecutive runs in the same lane.. make 3 passes each car and average the times...

or swap drivers for each pass and swap lanes every other pass. and run them 6 times and average the times...

I think that will tell you which car is better...
Nah, it will just tell you which car was faster, not better.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #3770
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Old 12-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #3771
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
For me it that and the ability to consistanty cross that line first everytime. Not 4 out of 7 times. Prefer 7 out of 7. Settle for 6 out of 7. lol. jk. I would hate wheel hop or traction to be a problem, just as an example. I like to have that forgiveness in a car.
LOL..I compete in NHRA Div2 in a TAD. So I may view things a bit differently. Wheel Hop is a drive around to me...and the key to my world is being consistent if the car throws something new at you..you handle it..no time for excuses...you learn your cars manners and you handle it and get down the track. I laugh to myself when I hear of wheel hop issues or traction issues...but thats just me..learn how to drive it to make it hook and gain your speed where you need to...drag racing is not point and shoot...but time to get ready to go to the Christmas Party have a good evening
Old 12-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #3772
1320junkie

Quote:
I did not know that. In fact. This will be my first visit to that track. I'm looking forward to it.

As for not telling you everything, I understand your caution but I really don't have any tricks up my sleeve. What you see is what you get with me. I've been around the car/drag racing scene for far too long to know that is usually not the case, but then I'm not a hardcore racer, either. It's all about the fun of it for me.
YOu have never lied to me before so I trust that. I will get in contact with you tomorrow so that you know exactly what I have going on...I have to go party now
Old 12-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #3773
Jinx
Owner of Shunt

Drives: 2001 Mustang GT vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
13.0 is the advertised number because that is what most drivers should be capable of, not what the car is capable of. All your posts boil down to driver skill.
So be it. Im not going on all day with this. Capablities can only be met if you have the skills to use the tools to exploit those capabilities. Consistancy relies on the user (skills) and tools.

Tools being launch dynamics. Launch Dynamics rely on powertrain delivery (powerband and drivetrain reliability) and how its planted (suspension and traction). That the key for me.

But I guess I look at a car too much like a weapon.

Support the "JINX CAMARO FUND" at http://www.zazzle.com/jinxdesign
Old 12-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #3774
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Quote:
LOL..I compete in NHRA Div2 in a TAD. So I may view things a bit differently. Wheel Hop is a drive around to me...and the key to my world is being consistent if the car throws something new at you..you handle it..no time for excuses...you learn your cars manners and you handle it and get down the track. I laugh to myself when I hear of wheel hop issues or traction issues...but thats just me..learn how to drive it to make it hook and gain your speed where you need to...drag racing is not point and shoot...
That could be the case if your car is at average power levels, but start getting into the 500rwhp range and it's exactly like Junkie says. You better know how to drive and react.

Quote:
LOL..I compete in NHRA Div2 in a TAD.
And I don't. Thus the reason I know I am going to get it handed to me on the track this spring.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #3775
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
what I mean is it takes care of the driver experience, and track differences... and in drag racing isn't the faster car the better one?
Old 12-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #3776
a_Username

Quote:
YOu have never lied to me before so I trust that. I will get in contact with you tomorrow so that you know exactly what I have going on...I have to go party now
At 7:00? Dear god you must be old lol.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #3777
a_Username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
So be it. Im not going on all day with this. Capablities can only be met if you have the skills to use the tools to exploit those capabilities. Consistancy relies on the user (skills) and tools.

Tools being launch dynamics. Launch Dynamics rely on powertrain delivery (powerband and drivetrain reliability) and how its planted (suspension and traction). That the key for me.
Neat. Now you get it.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #3778
1320junkie

Quote:
At 7:00? Dear god you must be old lol.
My barber just made it to my house so by the time I get my haircut a shave a shower and put my suit on it will be around 11...lmao..(ands its almost 8 on the east coast)
Old 12-19-2009, 07:00 PM   #3779
MrE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
can you say Z28?
What is this mysterious Z28 you speak of? I keep waiting for GM's announcement. We all know its coming. Wouldn't it be cool if they announced the Z28 around the same time the "official" announcement from Ford hits?
Delivered to customer 11/24/09 - Happy ever since.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:04 PM   #3780
Jinx
Owner of Shunt

Drives: 2001 Mustang GT vert
Quote:
Neat. Now you get it.
*Sigh* Im not questioning capablities. I discussing consistancy in an everyday performance. Just nevermind.

Im not a track god like junkie and dont have NHRA trophy case. Nor, do I wish to get into the SRA vs. IRA debate that many are fond of (which are the tools I speak of).

I dont even know why I discussed it this far. I should of said "oh hallowed are the camaros" and bowed in accordance.

Support the "JINX CAMARO FUND" at http://www.zazzle.com/jinxdesign

Closed Thread