Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want to see an automatic option for the ZL1?
Yes 1,312 66.30%
No 667 33.70%
Voters: 1979. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #393
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
I will buy a ZL1 if it comes in an Auto. I see absolutely no reason why there shouldn't be one offered.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #394
nitto85
Caffeine Injected

Drives: 13 Ram - 05 Widebody 1050rwhp Vette
I won't consider it without a Auto, even the CTS-V comes in auto, one of my cousins bought one and it hauls ass.
Unless it comes in a Auto I see no reason not to continue modding my supercharged L99, and just pay this car off.

Also, why not offer something that GT500 owners or what would be potential owners can't get?
nitto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #395
73duster

Drives: 2010 camaro ss automatic
Shifting a manual is one of the most overated experiences that is constantly sold by those who feel they are superior because they bang their own gears. I live in the city, and i can tell you that it is a major pain in the ass in traffic. The thrill of driving a manual goes away quickly when you realize how little you actually push the car to it's limits. A well setup automatic will surprise many high performance enthusiasts once they see how much can be done to modify shiftpoints, shift firmness and response. At the track an auto will be far more consistent, and even the best drivers have a difficult time outrunning an equally matched auto. In my opinion, manuals are overated, and i don't miss driving a stick at all. As for Ford guys laughing, who gives a crap. The right torque converter will absolutely wipe the smile off of any "ford" guys face.
73duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #396
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Btw for those of you who say that GM isn't listening. I spent about 30 minutes today talking with one of the senior designers on the Camaro team (no I will not say who but they are all here for Camaro5Fest right now) and trust me they are well aware of this poll. Keep the votes coming!!

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #397
SuperCarEnthusiast

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Btw for those of you who say that GM isn't listening. I spent about 30 minutes today talking with one of the senior designers on the Camaro team (no I will not say who but they are all here for Camaro5Fest right now) and trust me they are well aware of this poll. Keep the votes coming!!
It just logical IMO! If you look at all the so called high horsepower cars worldwide; you have DCTs everywhere. Ferrari, Lambos, Aston, Masaratti, Porsche, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc....

I do not claim that the ZL1 is a supercar but with all the survey on the percentage of people who use auto vs. stick. it is crazy to ignore it for a 12% of the driving public.

I know that a lot of diehard muscle car heads just do not like others to get a high horsepower car that is available in an automatic because it would loose their status as being unique since anyone could drive their car; but GM needs sales not exclusivity to only the old diehards but new customers too.
SuperCarEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #398
a_Username

Quote:
Great! The only thing I need is an official word that says the Auto is a go and my SS is gone for the ZL1!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #399
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Quote:

Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #400
ZL1/AJ

Drives: -_- !!!
Ever since i saw this car ive been in love with it , first i fell in love with an SS thn when i saw the ZL1 i just couldnt stop my self .

ive been saving few buks for the SS , now im saving alot more for the ZL1 , but one thing that could stop me from buying it is not having the Shifter/Auto trans in it , i live in a country where traffic jams are every where and they are an every day problem , and owning a manual car is just a pain .

so please GM include the Shifter/Auto as an option at least so i can buy MY LOVE .
ZL1/AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #401
nasa.zl1

Drives: 2011 White Camaro
Can you ask them to'give us some idea on what to expect from the z28, in terms of performance, weight, cost, and timeframe for production?

Then we can compare the zl1 with the z28 to see which is right for us. Thanks.

QUOTE=Z4me;3097106] [/QUOTE]
Old 04-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #402
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Ok guys I talked with John Fitzpatrick today at C5 Fest while he was signing my car and told him that I was the one who started the poll. I told him we have close to 700 votes with 66% in favor of the automatic transmission and he told me to let him know when I get the poll to 1000 votes and then he will give a final answer on the automatic transmission.

So anyone if you know anyone that has not voted get them to vote!!!!

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #403
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Err Huh What?? Umm if this forum gets like 66% vote for automatic you would think in the general population this would be much higher!!
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #404
a_Username

Quote:
Ok guys I talked with John Fitzpatrick today at C5 Fest while he was signing my car and told him that I was the one who started the poll. I told him we have close to 700 votes with 66% in favor of the automatic transmission and he told me to let him know when I get the poll to 1000 votes and then he will give a final answer on the automatic transmission.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:13 AM   #405
ZL1/AJ

Quote:

Maaaaaaaaaan 1000 is way to far

everyday im like just searching the net hoping that i hear any good news about the trans , and now i have to wait for 300 more votes

Hope we reach that soon , and we hear the good news { at least an optional Auto/Shifter trans , im not that greedy }

ZL1 Please B Mine
Old 04-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #406
ZL1/AJ

323 Votes to go