Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #393
ChevyCobb

Drives: Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasKL View Post
So other people can give me 'Tude, but I can't give it back. Got it.
Dont sweat it. I have had that too to the point where posts were deleted and an admin even changed a post I made with a new video, to have him as the OP. Comes with these types of sites.

anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
Pic is from the motor trend visit by Mark Reuss and the ZL1 with all equipment still on board. There is a post on here somewhere with the info on these same tires being used on this historic run on the ring.

from the insideline blog:
Yes, but this was also posted...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Correction - the photo posted is not of the ZL1 which ran the Nurburgring in this time. It's just a prototype on display during Mark Reuss' speech at the Motor Press Guild right now.
I am not wanting to discredit the ZL1's times, but I want to know for sure. I remember that the GT-R's times were questioned because of pics that were taken of the car with tires that did not come on it. I would be be ok...hell, I would LOVE if the car had the sport cup ZP tires as an option, and used them to get those times because they are an amazing tire.
ChevyCobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:53 AM   #394
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
The ZL1 posted a faster time than the Ford GT!!!
Brutal SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:18 AM   #395
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
That is how this site works ..
Old 10-07-2011, 07:54 AM   #396
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Where are most all of your posts? (I looked)

You don't want to enjoy others comeraderie here, you want to agitate. Same thing happens everytime the news is big. Mustang fans start buzzing here like flies on sugar

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 10-07-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #397
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
This car is gonna rock. All of the people bitching about price and it cant come in higher than 5X,XXX dollars or you're totally out on the car can't even afford it anyway! Not bashing, I cant either. I am barely getting my 1SS in a few weeks. Please leave price out of this, we all know when it will be announced! This thread is about how it destroys some really nice and what I used to think were fast times.

Is there confirmation that these runs were on Goodyear F1s? I would love for Ford to try and one-up the ZL1, then go back with some pilot sport cups and destroy again like the Z06 and ZR1.

Side note: BMW says M is the most powerful letter in the alphabet....
Z baby!
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS

Last edited by davidcroft; 10-07-2011 at 08:43 AM.
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:49 AM   #398
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
What does a mustang and Oprah have in common?

.(hint)
So true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY68RS View Post
Team,
Ok. I am gonna go ahead and say it. I am no deserving of the camaro more than any other on here. I have faith in everything that has been spoken. In feb
for example this was said:
"John Fitz - Camaro Marketing Mgr:
Lot's of questions on pricing... The only thing we can say at this time is that we will announce a price by the end of the year... We plan to be competitive with our competitive set "
With that being said, of course we are assuming but anyway, if the competitive
set is Mustang GT500( i doubt it would be anything else here really )
and the Mustantang GT500's Base MSRP is Less than $50k....
Then anything from $49k to $54K tops would be inside that competitive set.
Not $56k to $60k. That would be considered in mho outside the competitive set as far as pricing. Camaro base has ALWAYS cost more than a base Mustang. I am about uber-CAMARO enthusiast as one can get.
But if this car rolls out with a base price of over $54k I am more than going to be pissed off. It will be a true miracle for a lower class uber-CAMARO enthusiast as my self to pay $48k let along $55k. Not saying I wont but I do not think for one minute that the uber-CAMARO enthusiast can afford a $56k to $60k CAMARO. I just hope some of us are not losing site this car is still a CAMARO and not a Caddy, or a Corvette. Typically a Camaro has always reflected a class of people. Not poor people no, not even middle class.. But somwhere in between Poverty and the upper lower class...I am 48 yrs old as of today wheres my cake? I WANT MY CAKE! (you know, creep show)
I am not poor by anymeans. I do not even consider myself as middle working class. My parents are in the hard working top middle class. They can afford more than most. But they would NEVER drive a camaro. Just saying. Camaros are for kids. Like me.
Sorry. Just speaking from the heart. Its just that I feel so many of us are going to have to sell a arm and a leg to get this car. They want it sooo badly.
Almost to the point of selling one's soul to get one. Should GM stretch us out THAT far in this economy??? It did not start this way. It started slow....then we got a little more knowledge of the car... its like we are all here waiting for the BIG hook....and then only to find we can't afford the damn thing.
GM I challenge you. Keep this car reasonably affordable to the uber-CAMARO enthusiast . How much would I pay for my ultimate ZL1 camaro out of One of 14 camaros that I have owned?
$52,000 to 53,000 tops. Or I walk. Just saying. You wanted a price. There it is.
If I offended anyone by my comments, I apologies. It is not intended. I speak from the heart.
If I may - don't forget to add that SVT Package to actually get a GT500 that can turn... Consider that in the price of the Moustang, too. I'd say add a little premium over that ($54000 + premium) and that's probably close to where ZL1 will fall. That might not make the numbers or reality of purchase better (it doesn't really for me), but I feel better thinking it will still be competitively priced

Quote:
dear fbodfather... please forgive me for I have sinned. I repent now.
I guess I am just getting older and more set in my hard headed ways as today is my birthday. Maybe I am just worried about the car being 60k. We just dont know. Whatever the price is some way there will be a way, there always has been. It is a good year to be a camaro fanatic. It is a good day for pony car wars and the pony car debate.
I am doing my best to contain but I need your guidance daily to keep me on track.
Wow. I feel so much better now.
I am not surprised by how many mustang guys are visiting C5 these days.
They just wanna ride with us in our new toy the ZL1.
Night people! I gotta give it a break.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you feel better today If I could give you ZL1 for a present, I would

For those that are confused about the intentions of this site: I encourage you to go over and read the rules. This IS a CAMARO enthusiast community. Every one of the Admin' and Mods' will defend CAMARO like a child, wife, girl friend, etc. There's no need to question our intent. We make it pretty clear... Suggestive or condescending comments or anything related will be met with a passion nearly unmatched in any community. We are here to talk all things CAMARO (primarily 5th Gen, but we love all the older brothers just as much). I don't need to know details and constantly get commentary on the competition. I've tried to give everyone the benefit of doubt on their intent here. However, there are many that will use and manipulate "facts" to cover condescending comments toward CAMARO. That's not why I'm here. If I feel the need for education, I can go to those sites. Too many times, individuals come here and want to extol other cars - we have other Sections for that. We encourage everyone to participate, but don't act surprised when members get a little short to people with no CAMAROs in their garage go out of their way to indicate other cars in their avatars or signatures. I can and do appreciate almost all cars outside CAMARO, but I only have one LOVE for one car. Don't try to force another car into a Community devoted to CAMARO. If you can have as much enthusiasm for a car other than CAMARO, I have no problem with that. Just remember what comments you make in a CAMARO community.

/rant

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #399
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Team,
Ok. I am gonna go ahead and say it. I am no deserving of the camaro more than any other on here. I have faith in everything that has been spoken. In feb
for example this was said:
"John Fitz - Camaro Marketing Mgr:
Lot's of questions on pricing... The only thing we can say at this time is that we will announce a price by the end of the year... We plan to be competitive with our competitive set "
With that being said, of course we are assuming but anyway, if the competitive
set is Mustang GT500( i doubt it would be anything else here really )
and the Mustantang GT500's Base MSRP is Less than $50k....
Then anything from $49k to $54K tops would be inside that competitive set.
Not $56k to $60k. That would be considered in mho outside the competitive set as far as pricing. Camaro base has ALWAYS cost more than a base Mustang. I am about uber-CAMARO enthusiast as one can get.
But if this car rolls out with a base price of over $54k I am more than going to be pissed off. It will be a true miracle for a lower class uber-CAMARO enthusiast as my self to pay $48k let along $55k. Not saying I wont but I do not think for one minute that the uber-CAMARO enthusiast can afford a $56k to $60k CAMARO. I just hope some of us are not losing site this car is still a CAMARO and not a Caddy, or a Corvette. Typically a Camaro has always reflected a class of people. Not poor people no, not even middle class.. But somwhere in between Poverty and the upper lower class...I am 48 yrs old as of today wheres my cake? I WANT MY CAKE! (you know, creep show)
I am not poor by anymeans. I do not even consider myself as middle working class. My parents are in the hard working top middle class. They can afford more than most. But they would NEVER drive a camaro. Just saying. Camaros are for kids. Like me.
Sorry. Just speaking from the heart. Its just that I feel so many of us are going to have to sell a arm and a leg to get this car. They want it sooo badly.
Almost to the point of selling one's soul to get one. Should GM stretch us out THAT far in this economy??? It did not start this way. It started slow....then we got a little more knowledge of the car... its like we are all here waiting for the BIG hook....and then only to find we can't afford the damn thing.
GM I challenge you. Keep this car reasonably affordable to the uber-CAMARO enthusiast . How much would I pay for my ultimate ZL1 camaro out of One of 14 camaros that I have owned?
$52,000 to 53,000 tops. Or I walk. Just saying. You wanted a price. There it is.
If I offended anyone by my comments, I apologies. It is not intended. I speak from the heart.
To MY68RS

No foul my friend. No foul.

You sound like you have missed a chance to own something like this and have been "dreaming" since the '06 when the concept car was shown.

You dreamt. You dreamt again. You dream it almost like you're living it. I get it. Now you fear your dreams may become unrealized thus making all the thoughts "fantasy".... so I understand you letting out some emotions. You ask yourself how all those dreams you visualized might not be real. I hope you end up getting one.

Now, you have many valid feelings. You own no one an apology, but there are forces at work that you probably recognize.

Our treasury is floating trillions of dollars into the system to sustain it. We ARE experiencing unbelieveable inflation throughout all markets that are taking a toll on all of us. The inflated price of gas, milk, bread, etc etc are examples. If the target price of a Camaro ZL1 has increased in the last two years or so by 10% ($50k --> 55K approx), even GM is a victim of inflation. On top of all the test teams desires to reach a target audience, they are also dealing with the inflation reality.

There are many of us who, like you, want their hopes to be realized. If they can thread a needle on this one, they will, but you have to understand that their hearts are in the right place too. I believe Chevrolet wants to remain the "Heartbeat of America".... and are restoring some lifelines with the ZL1.

Last edited by htron50; 10-07-2011 at 10:19 AM.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #400
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
To MY68RS

You sound like you have missed a chance to own something like this and have been "dreaming" since the '06 when the concept car was shown.

You dreamt. You dreamt again. You dream it almost like you're living it. I get it. Now you fear your dreams may become unrealized thus making all the thoughts "fantasy".... so I understand you letting out some emotions. You ask yourself how all those dreams you visualized might not be real. I hope you end up getting one.

Now, you have many valid feelings. You own no one an apology, but there are forces at work that you probably recognize.

Our treasury is floating trillions of dollars into the system to sustain it. We ARE experiencing unbelieveable inflation throughout all markets that are taking a toll on all of us. The inflated price of gas, milk, bread, etc etc are examples. If the target price of a Camaro ZL1 has increased in the last two years or so by 10% ($50k --> 55K approx), even GM is a victim of inflation. On top of all the test teams desires to reach a target audience, they are also dealing with the inflation reality.

There are many of us who, like you, want their hopes to be realized. If they can thread a needle on this one, they will, but you have to understand that their hearts are in the right place too. I believe Chevrolet wants to remain the "Heartbeat of America".... and are restoring some lifelines with the ZL1.
POTD

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #401
Camaro-Hero

Drives: None Yet
so ok... here is my question? do i wait for the zl1 or just cave in for the camaro 2lt? i dont have a car but i drive my bros audi a4... and i cant wait to get my own set of wheels :!
Camaro-Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #402
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro-Hero View Post
so ok... here is my question? do i wait for the zl1 or just cave in for the camaro 2lt? i dont have a car but i drive my bros audi a4... and i cant wait to get my own set of wheels :!
why not wait for the Z28 ? Might be sooner than you think! And at a lower price point that is slightly more reachable than a ZL1
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #403
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
To MY68RS

As much as I hate saying this, chevy should really think hard about this car. I realize that the powertrain is the same as in the cts-v, which stickers between 68-75k...or something like that.

Chevy needs to keep things simple. Once again, I recommend that they do not load this car with luxury features which would drive up the price. Leave the elaborate equipment for the cts-v. The main focus should be about performance. This will be a hard balance to strike, as the current theme that the zl1 is outfitted with is right on the money. One could say that even the MR suspension is a bit on the pricey side of things, but its hard to object to it when we see the 'ring numbers that the zl1 came back with.

Remember the camaro heritage, GM. Keep the zl1's theme simple, and what ever comes will come. Consider (perhaps) some other outside influences that will make purchasing the zl1 easier such as extended financing, some oversight against dealer price gouging, and maybe a few other ideas.

We gotta keep Wizard happy yaknow!!

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #404
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
This entire sub forum is about a car that isn't released yet, and you're trying to give me crap about talking about a car that also isn't released yet? Really?

Maybe you just don't know, but it's basically been confirmed that the 2013 Shelby will have a 5.8 and the rumored # is 620.
Beyond basically, were talking numbers in this thread and the numbers are real! There's NO what ifs for the ZL1.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #405
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro-Hero View Post
You sound young considering you dont have a car. So I'm going to tell it to ya straight. If you want any camaro at all (unless money is no object to you) I would focus my efforts on a 2lt.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #406
91Z28350

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP 2010 Traverse LTZ
Not to pile on, but you do realize that the ZL1 will be almost twice the cost of the 2LT (a very fine car in it's own right).
91Z28350 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camaro zl1, 2013 camaro zl1, camaro zl1, camaro zl1 forum, camaro zl1 forums, camaro zl1 nurburgring, camaro zl1 nurburgring laptime, camaro zl1 nurburgring time, camaro zl1 video, camaro zl1 videos, carbon flash metallic zl1, cfm zl1, chevy camaro zl1, chevy camaro zl1 forum, chevy camaro zl1 forums, chevy camaro zl1 video, chevy camaro zl1 videos, zl1 forum, zl1 forums, zl1 nurburgring lap time, zl1 nurburgring laptime, zl1 video, zl1 videos