Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #29
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
After all is said and done, and they are settled in, would you recommend them for a DD
For a bolt on street only car there isn't much point but if your daily driver needs them there is no reason to be afraid of them. They will freak you out at first but they will break in.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #30
GrinderSS
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
For a bolt on street only car there isn't much point but if your daily driver needs them there is no reason to be afraid of them. They will freak you out at first but they will break in.
Chase, we love ya man, but I think you're off base recommending these mounts for any street car application. They made my brand new Camaro feel like I was driving a tractor.
GrinderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:10 AM   #31
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinderSS View Post
Chase, we love ya man, but I think you're off base recommending these mounts for any street car application. They made my brand new Camaro feel like I was driving a tractor.
For the average street car I didn't recommend them, but there are some daily driven beasts out there that do need them. They are intense when you first install them you just have to give them a little time to break in like those who have them have stated.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:01 AM   #32
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Quote:
My 2SS is a daily driver, my wife, mother, mother in law, all ride in the car and nobody says a thing about cabin noise. THEY WILL SETLLE DOWN, ALOT. I absolutely know the feeling you are getting in the first day, like my thread, I too immediately pulled them out but am glad I put them back in. I highly doubt that VERY few Camaro owners would get in my car and say "hey you've got aftermarket engine mounts" without me having clued them in first. Believe me, I have no vested interest in you keeping them in but a day or so of some short distance driving is hardly enough time to give them a chance to settle. I will back you up in saying that right at 2000rpm while crusing I do notice there is a bit of added vibration but I feel it more in my feet and ears, something is going on with this engine's balance at 2000rpms that it just hits the right (or wrong may be a better description) frequency and resonates a bit with the mounts. Then again, fi I am cruising around in 6th at 2000rpms I am just begging for a visit from law enforcement. In the lower gears I don't feel the same anomily.

I can fully understand folks not wanting even the slightest increase in noise or vibration (and yes I agree day 1 is teeth rattling with these) but ANY performance component (bushings, mounts, springs) is going to slightly increase NVH. Good luck with your decision, it is my opinion that you're just not patient enough here, again, just one person's opinion, you're going to sell them in the classifieds anyway I assume so if you give them a few more weeks chance to settle in I doubt you'd get any less for them when you sell them so you're probably in a win-win when it comes to selling them....

Again, good luck....

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!

Last edited by robertway; 11-21-2010 at 06:18 AM.
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:15 AM   #33
robertway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
After all is said and done, and they are settled in, would you recommend them for a DD
Like I said above I use them in a daily driver. As far as recommend them, it depends for what. For the sake of being able to say "hey I upgraded my mounts" then no. If you feel the car is a bit mushy on the throttle then I would say yes, I love how the car responds on throttle compared to the stocks. Is there more vibration, yes, day 1 is scarey, after they settle, pretty much noticeable only by me as I know what to feel for but NOTHING that ever has me say, "this vibration is annoying". It is all relative to ones definition of increased vibration. I have never had a performance car before, this is my first, all cars before this have never had even an inkling of vibration so it is definitely not something I have grown a tolerance to over time.

For someone that is going to just do straight bolt-ons I would say it may be a toss-up whether or not the mounts are a way to go. I am building my car up incrementally eventually culminating with a centri blower so I knew the mounts would benefit me in the long run and even if I never get to a blower I am glad I did the mounts because they make the car feel much better TO ME. I have driven other SS's with the stock mounts still in them and I can feel the mush of the stockers and am glad to get in my car and get back to the more peppy throttle response that I FEEL.

I cannot stress enough that something like this really comes down to how you want the car to feel.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #34
GrinderSS
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
One thing I do like about the Pfadt mounts is that they are probably 3-4 pounds lighter than the stock ones (those things are pigs).

I just decided it was an upgrade that is not worth the side effects, particularly the increased interior noise. But, I'm running long tube headers, larger cam, dual valve springs, and a supercharger, all of which increase engine noise which these Pfadt mounts transmitted straight into the cabin.
GrinderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:03 AM   #35
robertway

Quote:
One thing I do like about the Pfadt mounts is that they are probably 3-4 pounds lighter than the stock ones (those things are pigs).

I just decided it was an upgrade that is not worth the side effects, particularly the increased interior noise. But, I'm running long tube headers, larger cam, dual valve springs, and a supercharger, all of which increase engine noise which these Pfadt mounts transmitted straight into the cabin.
No problem Grinder, the dual springs, cam, and S/C setup I cannot speak for being on only CAI and long tubes in mine at the moment. At least you gave them a try.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #36
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Quote:

PM me if you still have them for sale.
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #37
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Wow, sorry we are just getting to this thread now.

Looks like against all recommendations, you only gave these mounts less than two days. I understand that they do not meet your expectations, and for that we apologize. I really do wish you would have stuck with them though, they are a fantastic product.

It really is amazing the spectrum of expectations for a performance product. We have these in our development Camaro and a large amount of street driven Camaros with nothing but satisfied customers. Just as everyone (and especially robertway) have outlined, some cars will at first get an increase in NVH. This is just a function of the material, and the fact that this is a performance modification.

While we thoroughly wish we could create a jack of all trades product that is much much stiffer, but somehow does not transmit any momentary NVH, the chassis harmonics of the 2010 Camaro do not allow for that.

Believe it or not, we actually get MANY more inquires about the rear differential bushings, and the added NVH from them. Again, these are completely streetable products, but depending on how your diff is set up from the factory installer, you could get more/less noise/whine.

So, with that said, we are sorry that they are not to your liking. But people should realize that this experience is very subjective. And if it is even a concern to begin with, be aware that an appropriate amount of time may be necessary to have these settle in.

Thanks to everyone for informing Grinder about what should be expected of this product.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #38
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
I only have experience with one car with the solid's installed and it has many mods. My conclusion is to NOT install in my Camaro that is street driven but not a daily driver. They are a true performance improvement and very well made but the car gets BUZZZY.
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:43 AM   #39
robertway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack Rat 2SS View Post
I only have experience with one car with the solid's installed and it has many mods. My conclusion is to NOT install in my Camaro that is street driven but not a daily driver. They are a true performance improvement and very well made but the car gets BUZZZY.
Sack Rat, just want to make sure that everyone understands these are NOT solid mounts, I think the term SOLID introduces a much different perception in one's mind. The Pfadt's are bushed but much firmer than the stockers.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #40
jordan 572

Drives: none
Old thread, I have these waiting to go into my car but for some reason am kind of excited to see if it shakes and vibrates a lot. It's just to tame for my liking.
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #41
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
Old thread, I have these waiting to go into my car but for some reason am kind of excited to see if it shakes and vibrates a lot. It's just to tame for my liking.
Wow! You went way back to find this one. I think the discussion in this thread is pretty clear about what to expect from the Pfadt engine mounts. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM or give us a call.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #42
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
I like mine!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote