Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 09-07-2022, 05:38 AM   #29
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
+1 MGW

I have the MGW flat stick shifter. Very positive engagement, kind of notchy which I personally love, haven't missed a gear since. Factory Hurst is SLOPPY in comparison. Just remove the transmission crossmember and tilt the transmission down. Its not a fun job in my honest opinion. Those damn clips that mount the support arms to the transmission are a B**** to get off. Definitely jack the car up nice and high. You will be down there for a little while. I finished mine off with an MGW white ball shifter knob, fits in the hand nicely and looks fresh.

2011 Camaro 2SSRS - Sold

No longer a 5th gen owner, but still an enthusiast. Ask me about my Front crash bars!
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 07:15 AM   #30
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I still have not purchased a Shifter, I am leaning towards the MGW but one think I don't like is a lot of the stock shifter boots look terrible on the Flat stick, Some people have managed to get them to fit decent.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 10:11 PM   #31
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1 m6
+1 mgw shifter here aswell : I don’t have the flat stick ,just went with one that will accept stock shift knob so still looks stock.. I like the feel of this shifter
Old 07-28-2023, 10:37 PM   #32
Joe.G

Risingson can you please post a picture, or does it look completely stock but with a much better feel?
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 07-28-2023, 11:41 PM   #33
Risingson05

Here you go sir , I went for the stock look , I do like how it feels but to compare it from my stock zl1 shifter is where the problem lies : as when I put my car under the knife was beginning of the winter . I didn’t finish my build until that summer ,so by then I completely forgot how my stock shifter felt lol. Heck I couldn’t tell you if it was an actual upgrade compared to the zl1 shifter lol . All I can say is I like the look and feel of the shifter , it’s notchy and when I’m banging gears I feel pretty confident in it . Only complaint I have is my shift knob can move alittle side to side . Like you can grab the knob and twist alittle .

Oh and also it’s alittle bit of a pia to install .
Attached Images

Last edited by Risingson05; 07-29-2023 at 01:49 AM.
Risingson05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 01:51 AM   #34
Risingson05

wish with all the upodates happending ti the forum that they would fix the sideways pictures from iphones.. dont remember having to save pic to a folder after rotating it on my labtop then re uploading it
Old 07-29-2023, 06:38 AM   #35
Joe.G

Thanks for the pics, like the notchy feeling, and I like the stock shifter look in these cars. The flat stick looks nice as you know it's not stock but the way the boot fit looks sloppy to me.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 07-29-2023, 08:19 AM   #36
Pops

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 2012 C6 vette M6
I just had the MGW installed since I needed a stronger clutch. The shop/tuner raved about the MGW and I have been very pleased with it.
Pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 09:57 AM   #37
Risingson05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Thanks for the pics, like the notchy feeling, and I like the stock shifter look in these cars. The flat stick looks nice as you know it's not stock but the way the boot fit looks sloppy to me.
I agree . Honestly I need to drive a stock zl1 to even see if the mgw shifter has a shorter throw . If I remember correctly the zl1 came with a short throw shifter
Old 07-29-2023, 04:05 PM   #38
Joe.G

My shift I believe is the shortest GM offered in the 5TH gen it's good, but the 2nd to 3rd I would like it to be better, it sometimes feels as if I am not on the correct position.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,