Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 04-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #29
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
I tip my hat to everyone involved in bringing this event together. I think that they did a great job, especially considering the little time they had to work with. I would like to keep it in Valdosta unless it just gets to the point that we actually outgrow the location. Again, thanks to everyone involved on a great job. I look forward to seeing you again next year.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:32 AM   #30
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
1. More room for parking at the host hotel.
That huge grass field in front of the Host hotel had ramps for our cars to get over the curb and use it for parking. Another 400 cars could have fit easily.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:42 AM   #31
GRSCAMARO
RS 10 SS

Drives: 2010 ABM RS/2SS L99
There are many good comments above and as this event grows the amount of work required will surely grow. I do not have any experience in organizing events but I am trainable.

Moderators: Please let me know if you need any assistance.

Best 1/4 Mile Run: 11/20/2010 SGMP 13.299 @ 106 mph (2.05s 60ft)
Mods to Date:
Painted Rally Stripes by Body's by Doug
ABM Painted Splash Guards & Engine Cover
Tinted Windows by Sunbusters
CAI Kit by Cold Air Inductions (installed at C5FestI)
GRSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:11 AM   #32
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
Having to stay somewhere other than the host hotel, I would have liked more announcements at the track. I missed meeting the GM C5 team and would have liked to have gotten my car signed. Perhaps I was a tad late to the track (about 11:00), but I didn't want to be in all that traffic. It took me all of 5 minutes to get in.

Andy
that was my biggest pet peeve the whole day. No offense to the track announcer, but honestly, he sounded like Boomhauer from King of the Hill and people stopped paying attention to him. But we have a plan for that for next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
I think everyone needs to take notice of the F-Body Gathering, which takes place every year in Atlanta GA. It has grown bigger and bigger every year and is now in its 14 year. Its always been in the SouthEast in Atlanta. I think Camro5 fest needs to always stay in its original location. That way it can grow and be bigger and bigger every year. I agree, it needs to be a three day event.
the gathering ebbs and wanes with each passing year. one of the downsides to the gathering, look at what they have planned for this year. its mostly one big car show. which is fine, but we have a lot of people who want to do more than just walk around and look at cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
That huge grass field in front of the Host hotel had ramps for our cars to get over the curb and use it for parking. Another 400 cars could have fit easily.

we almost ended up using it for a massive group picture but the timelines didnt run smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRSCAMARO View Post
Moderators: Please let me know if you need any assistance.
we'll start recruiting once we have a location planned out for next year.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #33
Knight_Rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Here's some tips for next year. Overall it was nicely done. The main area for improvement seems to be communications.

1) Hand out a map of the track at the gate. We had no idea where anything was. We didn't know where dragstrip/autocross parking etc., happened to guess correctly.

2) Hand out "do's and don't" on track etiquette for novices. The track PA man should not have to tell people with street tires not to do burn outs.

3) Most of the information on what was going on seems to have came out by word of mouth. We completely missed the cruise around the oval, the track party, and whatever else happened after that. Need some type of event schedule like everyone else said.

4) Need a list of places to wash your car in the area. Actually we had no idea of what was around town either, restaurants, bars, etc.

5) The locals had no idea this event was happening. They were sorely missed at the track.
Knight_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #34
Dave Coyle

Drives: 2010 SS , 1970 Z-28, 2002 Avalanche
My only complaint was that there was NO INFORMATION as to when the track was open saturday, when the actual eliminations were going to start, how the car were going to be matched up and if there were going to be any prize money or trophies for each catigory. I still don't know if anyone one anything, I know that I was one of the last 4 cars in the 12 second bracket but didn't know if there was any prize for being in the "quater finals". Any way, what I am trying to say is that a lot more track info would have been great for "planning" my day. Other than that, I had a GREAT time and hats off to the people involved in putting the 1st C5 fest!!!!
Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers/Hi-Flo Cats/Corsa Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI / Port Intake
Precission 2400/2800 Converter/3.73 AAM gears
Livernois Motorsports Tune

Best time: 11.97 @ 117 MPH
Dave Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #35
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie13 View Post
2. We make it a two or three day event... (PQ)
Acctually it was GTAHVIT who mentioned it to me.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #36
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_Rider View Post
Here's some tips for next year. Overall it was nicely done. The main area for improvement seems to be communications.

1) Hand out a map of the track at the gate. We had no idea where anything was. We didn't know where dragstrip/autocross parking etc., happened to guess correctly.

2) Hand out "do's and don't" on track etiquette for novices. The track PA man should not have to tell people with street tires not to do burn outs.

3) Most of the information on what was going on seems to have came out by word of mouth. We completely missed the cruise around the oval, the track party, and whatever else happened after that. Need some type of event schedule like everyone else said.

4) Need a list of places to wash your car in the area. Actually we had no idea of what was around town either, restaurants, bars, etc.

5) The locals had no idea this event was happening. They were sorely missed at the track.
Good points. These were on my mind as well.

I don't want to go on with out saying I had a BLAST this year. I remember when this first got started with the thought of just a regional thing. Then the thought to invite everyone on the site. And then, to see what it became, blows my mind. We have a fantastic community here. Location? It seems like that is pretty devided from reading this thread, so far. Both sides have great points. Maybe there's a compromise in there somewhere. Maybe East Coast C5F and a West Coast C5F. Then maybe a East Coast - West Coast shoot out every five years that meets in the middle. I'm sure there will be pleanty of good ideas.

I think the finer details will get worked out with experience. I agree with a little more communication for the masses though.

Thanks for a great 1st Camaro5 Fest!
Old 04-26-2010, 01:42 PM   #37
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I have only a few observations not complaints just things I noticed.

1. AT SGMP, move the vendors to the area right near the track where the parking was for the drivers. Makes it easier access.

2. Require vendors to be setup and ready the day before with all the displays etc, weather permitting. This will cause less confusion of vendors trying to get stuff to their area when everyone else is coming in.

3. Open the gates up 30 minutes prior for vendors only, to give them time to put finishing touches on. Use the exit gate as a vendor access point since access to the track is limited to one gate.

4. Since access is limited to one gate for everyone else be prepared for early arrivals, some did not stay in Valdosta and drove in the morning of. Allow at least 30 minutes or so after the gates open before things actually kick off to allow people time to get in.

5. Have a PA system for Camaro 5 to have announcements. Missed some things specifically Mike Judge that I really hate.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #38
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Tickets for the vendors that they could hang from their rear view mirrors so we can easily point them in the right direction. Same could go for racers, ticket being a different color.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #39
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I had a great time but was exhausted and missed the fireworks. I'd have rather seen them than Spike in his boxers. The only real downside was nametag distribution. For the next event, I would suggest having them handed out or available at hotel check in with more at the gate for those that didn't get them. Just a suggestion.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #40
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Thanks for the credit on the "Road track" comment. Aside from that I was extremely happy with the event.

1) It would be nice to have a road track
2) I am willing to drive up to a 1000 miles one way for the Fest.
3) Definitely would be nice to have a 3 day event.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #41
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX

Drives: 1SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Thanks for the credit on the "Road track" comment. Aside from that I was extremely happy with the event.

1) It would be nice to have a road track
2) I am willing to drive up to a 1000 miles one way for the Fest.
3) Definitely would be nice to have a 3 day event.
LOL - I'm a lil biased towards your comment. I'm hooked on Auto-X and want a real track too, soooo it HAD TO BE first.
Rookie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #42
nhra stocker

Drives: 69,10 camaro 71 chevelle
We needed more organization on the dragstrip. Not even the people running the track nor did Camaro5 people know what was going on , as far as classes to be ran , test and tune or times. As far as the index classes go that must of been decided at the track cause I didnt see it mentioned on here anywhere. It worked out fine having the index classes and not having a stock or bolt on class which would of probably just brought up contriversy over the cars being ran in it. There is definetly room for improvement here!
1982 Siverado 4x4 454 Mud truck stock class 3.66 sec in 150' of mud
nhra stocker is offline   Reply With Quote