Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #29
mgoodbar
White 2ss, LT, CAI, Tune

Drives: 2010 L99
yes he put that he added the pully, but the issue is he is adding more boost to it to... about 1 psi to bring the pressure back up. What they are saying is, he needs to put the other pully, the bigger one, back on and the run it on the dyno again.. that would show the exact amount of just the cam install...
mgoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #30
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Even with the boost numbers the same (I would like to see the numbers on that to be sure they are identical), it seems that your still stacking the cards in favor of the LS3 conversion as its not just a simple conversion your comparing.

Is it not true that the L99 just had the Maggie installed and dynoed? No tune to get the most out of it?

You list that the LS3 conversion was retuned..... Anyway that you were a bit more aggressive with your tune with the LS3 compared to the stock L99?

Just seems that there is a bit more to this comparision then what its made to sound like. I guess my real question is, tell us why you get such a huge increase in power..... Is it more flow? different tune? What is causing the increase in power? Its good to see the numbers and the dyno is certainly showing us the proof but to just say its the LS3 conversion that adds up to this much power gains leaves alot of information out there. Just what causes this increase in power over the L99 valve train. Pretty sure its simply the cam change and tune more then anything else.

Also, my L99 should be right at the 550 RWHP range as is. Is it really worth the extra $4K to do the cam and conversion upgrade for an additional 25 HP???

Not flaming, just looking for answers. If I Could push over 600 RWHP with a conversion to the LS3 may be worth it but not sure thats possible without alot more investment even over the cam and LS3 conversion.

Looking for details.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:05 AM   #31
FloMoCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
Not flaming, just looking for answers. If I Could push over 600 RWHP with a conversion to the LS3 may be worth it but not sure thats possible without alot more investment even over the cam and LS3 conversion. Looking for details.
Before I went to a 417 - Andy had my L99/LS3 conversion safely dialed in at 618rwhp At that time I also had a Maggie 2300 running a 3.4 pulley.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #32
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloMoCamaro View Post
Isn't that what Andy listed and demonstrated in post #3 above? Here I will post it for you again:

Add - GT11 Cam
ADD - ADM Cam install kit
ADD - 3.6 Pulley
ADD - LS3 Conversion kit-R/R Heads,Cam,Dampner Block,Valleycover,Gaskets,Seals,Timing Gear,Mod Oil pump,Lifters,Lifter Trays
ADD - ADM Retune
But my issue is they're calling it a "fair comparison."
How can you take a blown L99 and compare it with a blown L99 with an aftermarket cam?
Of course the blown L99 with the aftermarket cam is going to make more RWHP (with or without doing an LS3 conversion). You could use a VVT cam and see how much RWHP it makes vs using the stock cam.

Also the way the statements are worded, it makes the reader assume you can make 100hp by just doing an LS3 conversion.

"The customer that owns the above mentioned car got wind that he can make close to 100 more horsepower by just converting his car over to
LS3 Valvetrain components and same boost".

I think ADM got great results with the LS3 conversion using the GT11 cam. I just thought the comparion wasn't valid.

Last edited by SGOS252382; 11-04-2011 at 08:53 AM.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #33
mgoodbar
White 2ss, LT, CAI, Tune

+1..... well also it's not a LS3 conversion.... they are not putting in a factory speck LS3 cam.... they are using the GT11 cam.. So would it not be a L99 to GT11/LS3 conversion..

I wonder what would happen if they just stuck in a stock profile LS3 cam... with the same pully thats on the L99.

here is a vid of a blower can nitrous camaro... found it on you tube.. I would be kinda upset if this is all i got from a LS3/ blower cam conversion... he wins, but not by muck, after what, 4 grand........ttp://youtu.be/9HTC77CgpSkd...
Old 11-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #34
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoodbar View Post
+1..... well also it's not a LS3 conversion.... they are not putting in a factory speck LS3 cam.... they are using the GT11 cam.. So would it not be a L99 to GT11/LS3 conversion..

I wonder what would happen if they just stuck in a stock profile LS3 cam... with the same pully thats on the L99.

here is a vid of a blower can nitrous camaro... found it on you tube.. I would be kinda upset if this is all i got from a LS3/ blower cam conversion... he wins, but not by muck, after what, 4 grand........ttp://youtu.be/9HTC77CgpSkd...

It is a LS3 vlavetrain style conversion, as all the L99 VVT components are removed, particulalry the L99 lifters which have failed on some here.

Come on, who really would go to this expense and ask for a stock LS3 cam?

The point of this conversion is to be able to run a higher lift cam as opposed to a VVT cam and the VVT lifters which are limitations.

But call it a L99 to GT11/LS3 conversion if you will, regardless, one will make enough HP to warrant the costs involved, as the person whom upgraded soon found out..

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #35
mgoodbar
White 2ss, LT, CAI, Tune

It is a LS3 vlavetrain style conversion, as all the L99 VVT components are removed, particulalry the L99 lifters which have failed on some here.

The point of this conversion is to be able to run a higher lift cam as opposed to a VVT cam and the VVT lifters which are limitations.

I agree I would never spend that kind of money just to put a LS3 cam in, how ever some may not understand that it is just simply swaping out the valve train to the LS3 style..... parts...
Old 11-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #36
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
The only place I found COMAPRISON from ADM was his graph of three dyno pulls comparing a stock base line TO adding Maggie TO Conversion with Maggie, post #5. Too many here are reading way too much into this thread. Don't overthink the data as it speaks for itself. This is only to graphically illustrate through dyno runs what bang an L-99 owner might expect with the mentioned mods including a conversion. Keep it simple. My 2 cents
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #37
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack Rat 2SS View Post
The only place I found COMAPRISON from ADM was his graph of three dyno pulls comparing a stock base line TO adding Maggie TO Conversion with Maggie, post #5. Too many here are reading way too much into this thread. Don't overthink the data as it speaks for itself. This is only to graphically illustrate through dyno runs what bang an L-99 owner might expect with the mentioned mods including a conversion. Keep it simple. My 2 cents

There was never a COMPARISON,UNREAL!

How Bout:

We took a car and converted it from an L99 to an LS3 Valve control arrangement and installed a GT11 Cam and changed the tune for the cam,Pulley and gained 100hp.

Can you sleep now?
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #38
mgoodbar
White 2ss, LT, CAI, Tune

lmao-rotf...... sorry guys... you are correct...
Old 11-06-2011, 07:08 AM   #39
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
There was never a COMPARISON,UNREAL!

How Bout:

We took a car and converted it from an L99 to an LS3 Valve control arrangement and installed a GT11 Cam and changed the tune for the cam,Pulley and gained 100hp.

Can you sleep now?
It seemed pretty straight forward and understandable to me Andy, not sure why people where having trouble understanding what you posted..
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:25 AM   #40
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoodbar View Post

I agree I would never spend that kind of money just to put a LS3 cam in, how ever some may not understand that it is just simply swaping out the valve train to the LS3 style..... parts...
I think everyone understood it just fine...even without you trying to protect them from evil Andy.
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #41
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
L-99 TO LS3 AND GT11

Someone listened and showed up for the upgrade:

Over 100 rwhp gain

ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #42
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post

But call it a L99 to GT11/LS3 conversion if you will, regardless, one will make enough HP to warrant the costs involved, as the person whom upgraded soon found out..
You are confusing VVT with AFM/DOD. Two different things. The AFM system requires the special lifters the VVT does not. I had a VVT cam with LS7 lifters.

Simply put it made more power because the bigger cam not because it was converted to a LS3 style cam.

Put a VVT and LS3(components) cam with the same specs and see which one puts more power down.

Either way it made more power after the cam swap!
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote