Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #29
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I have also seen where "they" compared a Lotus to an Apache helicopter... and a Bugatti to a Cesna... does that make it logical?

Why they compare the GT to the M3 is beyond me. And maybe the BMW interior is better... I would sure hope so. It IS a BMW, not a Chevy.
They compared them because the GT (5.0) can keep up to the M3 on a certain track.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #30
qtr-camaro ss

Drives: Orange CAMARO SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeWonder View Post
For BMW, the M3 and the new M5 will destroy the Camaro, no disrespect.

But these cars are also significantly more expensive.
I had 2006 M6, no chance for stock camaro ss
Old 08-10-2011, 07:12 AM   #31
qtr-camaro ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Last gen m5/m6, the upcoming models will probably destroy, Any AMG with the SCd 5.4, the 6.2, or the new turbo 5.4, the new 5 series with the turbo 4.4 and the new bez turbo 4.6 should be drivers races, the larger turbo V12 cars (even if not AMG), the SLS and Mclaren SLR of course, the BMW Z8, the 2000ish M5 should be a close race, The SLK55 with the NA 5.5 should be quicker, BMW Z4 and the Z4 with the 3.0 turbo should be a drivers race, There are probably more, i just can't thinkof them right now. Oh, and doesn't the M5 and M6 run well into the 12s in the 1/4 mile?
my M6 run 12.1 in the 1/4. it was hot that day and my tires where bad, if it was good weather and the tires will hold up and stop burning out. I would of got high 11s
it had cat-back, headers,CAI, and tune
Old 08-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #32
MADBOWTIE
400+rwhp and climbing!

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
LOL@ You. Wish you would run into me in my M5 one day.
I wish I would then I could LOL@ you. I deal in reality not so much in internet BS. I was just stating my dealings with these cars.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #33
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
while waiting for "fast" Eddie to come in here with video of him beating an M6 bimmer....
Old 08-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #34
4DoorRocket

Drives: It's a 4 door rocket!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985airborne View Post
I beg to differ...Anything AMG new model will not crush a SS. M3s M5 M6 I have beaten them all. Also remeber some AMG series comes stock S/C'd

Not to burst your bubble, but...

A new M3 will beat an SS. If they have the same mods done and equal driver skill it will always be the M3. I wouldn't be upset about that. The M3 is a stout car.

However,...

IF the one driver can not drive and you can, that's a totally different story. There are so many variables, such as...what kind of tire is he running and what kind are you running? Did he keep smoking them? Did you? Who hooked first? Miss shifts, driver skill, is he really even trying to race you? So many variables.

The M3 is a 12.6 quarter mile car...the SS is a 13.0 (with some getting 12.9's). So obviously he just couldn't drive or wasn't trying very hard.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #35
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogey View Post
What Mercs and Beemer models would beat a 2011 SS A6 in a 1/4 mile.
why do you want to know this anyway?
Old 08-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #36
qtr-camaro ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorRocket View Post

A new M3 will beat an SS. If they have the same mods done and equal driver skill it will always be the M3. I wouldn't be upset about that. The M3 is a stout car.

However,...

IF the one driver can not drive and you can, that's a totally different story. There are so many variables, such as...what kind of tire is he running and what kind are you running? Did he keep smoking them? Did you? Who hooked first? Miss shifts, driver skill, is he really even trying to race you? So many variables.

The M3 is a 12.6 quarter mile car...the SS is a 13.0 (with some getting 12.9's). So obviously he just couldn't drive or wasn't trying very hard.
+1
I drive Camaro ss right now and I love it, I had the M6 and i love it as well. there is no chance for the stock camaro ss with stock M6 . my cousin drive 09 M3, when my camaro ss was stuck, he took me over . but now he does not have a chance.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #37
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADBOWTIE View Post
I wish I would then I could LOL@ you. I deal in reality not so much in internet BS. I was just stating my dealings with these cars.
Lex HAS an M5 and an SS...I sold my '06 M5 to buy my SS...I think we BOTH know exactly what is internet BS and what is not when it pertains to these two cars. The M5 will give a stock SS a view of it's taillights nearly every time it is in the hands of a competent driver in M mode.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #38
LEADfoot927

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorRocket View Post

However,...

On paper it should win, but sometimes it dont work out in the real world. My ex-girlfriend bought a 2005 S55 AMG a year ago. When I looked up the specs and saw a 0-60 of 4.2 and a 1/4 mile of 12.3, I was a little nervous. However, I beat her 6 times back to back with my then L99 with an exhaust (I got a modded LS3 now). Alot of these magazines fudge the numbers a bit, especially motortrend.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #39
qtr-camaro ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
Lex HAS an M5 and an SS...I sold my '06 M5 to buy my SS...I think we BOTH know exactly what is internet BS and what is not when it pertains to these two cars. The M5 will give a stock SS a view of it's taillights nearly every time it is in the hands of a competent driver in M mode.
+1
I dont know why people trying to compare M5 or M6 with the Camaro ss. this cars are over 100k, I wont compare this cars with camaro ss.
I dont mean to offend anyone here. I drive a camaro ss and I like it
Old 08-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #40
qtr-camaro ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADfoot927 View Post
On paper it should win, but sometimes it dont work out in the real world. My ex-girlfriend bought a 2005 S55 AMG a year ago. When I looked up the specs and saw a 0-60 of 4.2 and a 1/4 mile of 12.3, I was a little nervous. However, I beat her 6 times back to back with my then L99 with an exhaust (I got a modded LS3 now). Alot of these magazines fudge the numbers a bit, especially motortrend.
ok then lets say this .. raced 2009 C6 and i killed him, I killed him with my M6. I think the corvette is faster than the stock camaro, right ????
Old 08-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #41
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADBOWTIE View Post
Internet BS? *takes a look in the garage* No, It's still in there.... I own a E60 M5. I also own a SS. Until I was supercharged my cam'd, bolt-on SS got destroyed by my M.
Who's the internet poser now Ricky Bobby?
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #42
qtr-camaro ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
Internet BS? *takes a look in the garage* No, It's still in there.... I own a E60 M5. I also own a SS. Until I was supercharged my cam'd, bolt-on SS got destroyed by my M.
Who's the internet poser now Ricky Bobby?
:

Closed Thread