Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #29
egad09

Drives: 2010 CGM 1SS Camaro
Upon further investigation I have some unanswered questions for them still and a stop to make before i head to the dealership. The ATT receipt shows payment 4 minutes before I dropped the car off. Now okay maybe it fell out of his pocket as he pulled the car around right? But why was it on the passenger side of the car in between the passenger seat and door?!!!! Is it customary to take two mechanics incase one cant drive around the bay or something??
As far as i know there is no reason for them to be on the passenger side of the car for an oil change?

going to stop at the ATT location and see if they can check the time on their kiosk system to see if it is correct as step #1. As far as milage goes the way I figure it I have about 5-10 miles un accounted for since i dropped it off until today.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:54 PM   #30
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Every single time i drop off any car i own i take a photo of the odometer with enough of the top of the picture to show the dealerships name in the photo as well. Proof it was taken on their lot at time of drop off.

I instruct them to only do the work i ask and do NOT do anything else to the vehicle even if they see something without calling me first. I also ask before hand if the service being done will require a road test and if it does i will be staying at the dealership and riding along for the road test. If they do not agree to my terms they do not service my vehicle and i take her elsewhere. No one ever has a problem with that.

In your case i'd show them the receipt. It will have a date at least on the receipt and possibly a time as well. I would ask to see the service manager or the dealership manager/owner. Stress my utter displeasure as there was no reason at all to road test for an oil change. Then demand my money back in full for the oil change and find another dealer period.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:07 AM   #31
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by egad09 View Post
Upon further investigation I have some unanswered questions for them still and a stop to make before i head to the dealership. The ATT receipt shows payment 4 minutes before I dropped the car off. Now okay maybe it fell out of his pocket as he pulled the car around right? But why was it on the passenger side of the car in between the passenger seat and door?!!!! Is it customary to take two mechanics incase one cant drive around the bay or something??
As far as i know there is no reason for them to be on the passenger side of the car for an oil change?

going to stop at the ATT location and see if they can check the time on their kiosk system to see if it is correct as step #1. As far as milage goes the way I figure it I have about 5-10 miles un accounted for since i dropped it off until today.
Just a thought -- was it around the end of lunch time? or could he have had a break. Maybe the mechanic went out and ran errands on his lunch or a break time before he worked on your vehicle. He may have had your work order in hand when he got to your car along with personal items left over from break time and when he set them down to pull your vehicle around it fell off the passenger seat. Possible since the receipt was timed before you even dropped off the car---if the time is correct.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #32
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I see the above happening, and when he starts your Camaro, the breeze from the AC or heater blowing toward the seat lifts that little receipt up and whooshes it between the seat and door.
Don't come across as an asshat at the dealer, they may be working on your car again in the future, y'know. You say "5 or 10 miles', that's a huge discrepancy that tells me you're not sure. Unless you're POSITIVE they put miles on your car just let it go.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #33
egad09

Drives: 2010 CGM 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
I see the above happening, and when he starts your Camaro, the breeze from the AC or heater blowing toward the seat lifts that little receipt up and whooshes it between the seat and door.
Don't come across as an asshat at the dealer, they may be working on your car again in the future, y'know. You say "5 or 10 miles', that's a huge discrepancy that tells me you're not sure. Unless you're POSITIVE they put miles on your car just let it go.
I agree, i am going to stop and check the time off the kiosk where the receipt is from first then head to the dealer for alittle explanation based on what is found there. I am okay with the i just got back form lunch and had stuff story but would like to hear it from them before i say what i found and why i am back in. Just a matter of time to see what goes on and what there reasoning is. Wish i could narrow out those couple miles but did so much running that evening and next morning I just cant figure it down exactly so we shall see what they say and take it from there!

Wonder if they have cameras around the service bay ... may ask to see the video? Wonder how that would go over? Hmm we shall see.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #34
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #35
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
Believe it or not, our cars are being over-driven and/or aggressively driven at the dealerships when in for service. (especially the LS3's and L99's)

Many camaro owners that are not on this site (privately) are complaining.
Who ever joy rides the car, rinse it down and dry.

We need a spy camera installed in our cars when they are dropped off.

This crap has got to stop.
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #36
KnuckleBuster
A Virginia Drifter

Drives: Pick-um-up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahdir View Post
Mind if I join you?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #37
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
I don't think any number of free oil changes would make me bring my car back to that dealership! There shouldn't be 1 more mile on the car when all it needed was an oil change. I would start thinking about what (small) accessories from them might be fair compensation...

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #38
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by egad09 View Post
So here the deal in short... Dropped the car off with my dealership on 1/20/11 for an oil change. Had a friend meet me there and we went off to lunch while they were working on it. Left it right after noon and returned about to hours later.
Today I was cleaning the car and found a receipt from an ATT store inbetween the passenger seat and door showing payment on a customers account for a person whom i do not know, assuming someone from the dealership ... Taking the car out on lunch?!!!?!!!! To run errands?!!!!!!
Absolutely fuming at the moment.

Of course I am bring this up to the dealership first thing Monday morning but want to know what you guys would do/expect?!?!!!! Don't even know how to handle this im so mad right now!

Heading out of the house right now will check back this evening when i return!
I'm not surprised at all. This happens ALL the time and the dealership, depending on their attitude will either apologize or give you the whole "it was a test drive" routine.

When I go into my dealership, they know that I keep a close eye on my odo reading and they also know how anal I am about "no test drives". Plus, they are a good group to begin with.

I knew a service writer at a local Volvo dealership and he almost never had to drive his own car to work. He always had a customer's car to take to/from home. His excuse was "I gotta drive them to make sure they're OK after the work", but I'm sure the majority of the customers' cars were not in for anything that required a road test. Plus, he never tells the customers either.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #39
katatonia

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS/RS 6M
I always document my drop off/pick up mileage....but the dealership I take my car to is WAY too paranoid that my husband or one of his officers might see my car being driven around by someone other than me. It works out well.

If I was a mechanic.....I'd be taking longer test drives too.....depending on the car. I wouldn't be able to resist.
katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #40
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
That's why I change my own oil. If I had to bring it in for something I'd wait. If it's gonna take a while I'll be bringing a sleeping bag. lol

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:30 PM   #41
427Carl
427CARL

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6speed
Send a message via Yahoo to 427Carl
Be professional..
Take up your questions with the Service manager..
If not happy, go to management...
You had to sign a work order, for a oil change.. Does it say "will/Might be subject to road test?"
If it didn't, you can charge them with theft of car...
My car is driven to oil change bay by me.. I wait in waiting room, and go get it when its ready..
I had meeting with Service Manager, after buying car, and told him how I wanted to be handled... he was cool
Old 01-23-2011, 10:43 PM   #42
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
Think I'ma need to take a quick iphone shot of my miles whenever I drop off my car at the dealer