Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-01-2009, 07:42 AM   #29
Codefive

Drives: 1000HP 2010 SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulv7260 View Post
I'd have to pay New York and local sales taxes then a possible Virginia registration tax when I register it here. What's the new car tax rate in Buffalo?
I dont think so ... I believe you pay the sales tax in the state you are registering the vehicle in. My original dealer is in MI and I was told this from him.
Codefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:13 AM   #30
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
"Allocation" as it's referred to on this forum is really irrelevant at this point - there's no way to prove how many any dealer is getting.

Dealer A could be getting 8, has them all sold at msrp or higher - and realizes he can place an unlimited amount of orders. The dealer now says he has 40 allocations, and starts to offer every discount offered. By the end of the month dealer A has 40+ orders......but since dealer A has exceeded his ESTIMATED GUIDE NUMBER, many may not come.

Now, that said, I'm not saying that's what going on here - but people better think about canceling and reordering at this point - The car is coming, and now more than ever there will be some dealers who misunderstand the process and over promise this car.

Just be careful - it may make the difference of you getting or NOT getting a car this year.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:21 AM   #31
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Sales tax in New York is 8.75%. I believe trm0002 wrote that Basil had an allocation of 31. When I went in later that same day Steve told me he had an allocation of 60. ??? Part of the beauty of trm0002s' deal is that his order is going in Monday at 1PM.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:57 AM   #32
Codefive

Drives: 1000HP 2010 SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
"Allocation" as it's referred to on this forum is really irrelevant at this point - there's no way to prove how many any dealer is getting.

Dealer A could be getting 8, has them all sold at msrp or higher - and realizes he can place an unlimited amount of orders. The dealer now says he has 40 allocations, and starts to offer every discount offered. By the end of the month dealer A has 40+ orders......but since dealer A has exceeded his ESTIMATED GUIDE NUMBER, many may not come.

Now, that said, I'm not saying that's what going on here - but people better think about canceling and reordering at this point - The car is coming, and now more than ever there will be some dealers who misunderstand the process and over promise this car.

Just be careful - it may make the difference of you getting or NOT getting a car this year.
Thanks Scotty! The more I think about it ... maybe I should just stick with the MSRP deal I have and be happy. You know the old saying "one in the basket is worth two in the bush." LOL.
Codefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:05 AM   #33
paulv7260

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codefive View Post
Thanks Scotty! The more I think about it ... maybe I should just stick with the MSRP deal I have and be happy. You know the old saying "one in the basket is worth two in the bush." LOL.

This is just me but I kind of like the idea of investing in the local economy. It's also about the intangibles such as good will and establishing a relationship. I really like the people at my dealer and that means a lot to me. I feel that I will get good service and they will listen if I have something to say. I already canceled at another dealer because I felt that that wouldn't happen.
paulv7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #34
pondo

Drives: '23 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I'll be putting on just more than that in miles.

No, you can't do 1,179 miles in one day...so, you'll have to make it 2 DAYS! Two full days of people STARING at you as you drive it all the way home!
I drove exactly 1179 miles (seriously, what a coincidence) in 1 day - took me right around 17.5 hours. Driving from Philadelphia, PA to my condo @ Miami beach, FL

Every tank of gas was a stretch time! I'd probably get a shipping company to trailor my car from up there though. It'll take roughly 60 gallons of gas alone to make the drive and continuous RPMs is a terrible way to break in an engine.
pondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #35
pondo

Quote:

This is just me but I kind of like the idea of investing in the local economy. It's also about the intangibles such as good will and establishing a relationship. I really like the people at my dealer and that means a lot to me. I feel that I will get good service and they will listen if I have something to say. I already canceled at another dealer because I felt that that wouldn't happen.
If paying $4,000 extra bucks makes you warm and fuzzy inside, be my guest lol.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #36
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac1 View Post
Sales tax in New York is 8.75%. I believe trm0002 wrote that Basil had an allocation of 31. When I went in later that same day Steve told me he had an allocation of 60. ??? Part of the beauty of trm0002s' deal is that his order is going in Monday at 1PM.
That was the original guide number posted back in October when I went to Paddock who had 63 at that time. Quite honestly I did not ask Steve yesterday what his allocation or current guide number is. I am going strictly by the original number that was on GMLaunch for the local dealerships. I saw the number, 31, myself via a friend... I understand numbers were removed from GMLaunch quite some time ago now and that the District Sales Manager is in charge of them. I can neither confirm nor deny that any dealer's numbers have changed since day one but, like I said, I can confirm that on day one Paddock had 63 and Basil had 31 because I saw the numbers myself. I can't tell anyone here that Mac1 is wrong when he says 60 because I didn't ask the question. But I will.

edit-> to those who wonder why I didn't ask: I really didn't care how many he had, I cared where I was in line. I have in writing that I am first in line when a 2SS is available for ordering by their dealership. That's all I wanted to know, not how many he had left (I assumed I knew based on the original 31). It was in a discussion brought up by my friend at the end of our visit to the dealership in which Steve said he would do the above deal(s) for whomever we wanted to tell about them.

Last edited by trm0002; 02-01-2009 at 10:44 AM.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #37
paulv7260

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondo View Post
If paying $4,000 extra bucks makes you warm and fuzzy inside, be my guest lol.
Thank you. I will.

Are you certain that the net savings would be $4,000? Show me your math please (with taxes) and I'll show you the dollar value of my time.
paulv7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #38
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
And I'm not singling this dealer out by any means.....I have had calls that a SPECIFIC dealer told a customer they could order X......weeks later I get a call from someone else saying that dealer is now telling people they have X squared.

People should realize that any dealer can order as many cars as they want - but Chevy does not guarantee ant of these will be built.

Point here is - be sure you feel WARM, FUZZY, and COMFORTABLE with the dealer you choose. And yes, there is mis-information out there...there always has been - and we didn't need someone new to show up here and tell us that - we've known it all along!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #39
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
And I'm not singling this dealer out by any means.....I have had calls that a SPECIFIC dealer told a customer they could order X......weeks later I get a call from someone else saying that dealer is now telling people they have X squared.

People should realize that any dealer can order as many cars as they want - but Chevy does not guarantee ant of these will be built.

Point here is - be sure you feel WARM, FUZZY, and COMFORTABLE with the dealer you choose. And yes, there is mis-information out there...there always has been - and we didn't need someone new to show up here and tell us that - we've known it all along!
I understand and respect your input and I wholeheartedly agree that "jumping ship" is not something anyone should do quickly or take lightly. I'm comfortable where I now am, and, yes, a lot has to do with having the price and "position" in writing.

Has your estimated guide number changed since October? Has anyone's you know of? I'm not talking adding 2 or 3; we appear to be talking a pretty radical change, almost doubling, in the case of Basil if what is written here is indeed true.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #40
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Man...I dunno..that would suck seeing yer 1st order hit the showroom at Paddock in late April and someone else getting thier paws on it..and then you having to wait until October to get yer Camaro. But if it's worth saving the $$ ...good luck with that.
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #41
kylepo

Drives: 2002 firehawk.....missing 02CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post
not to sidetrack the thread, but trm0002 are you going to the Buffalo auto show? I am planning on going saturday and am hoping to get together with fellow C5 forum guys there .
Being from J town are you getting a car? Did you happen to get any numbers from shults? Just wondering how they are handling the camaros??
kylepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #42
pondo

Quote:
Thank you. I will.

Are you certain that the net savings would be $4,000? Show me your math please (with taxes) and I'll show you the dollar value of my time.
RETAIL:
Camaro 2SS 1ET37 $34,180.00
Tremec TR6060 6-speed Manual Transmission MN6 $0.00
Silver Ice Metallic GAN $0.00
RS Package for SS WRS $1,200.00
20-inch Midnight Silver Aluminum Wheel --- $0.00
Black Leather SS Interior AFM $0.00
Cyber Gray Metallic Stripes B7W $395.00
Vehicle Subtotal $35,775.00

Invoice:
Camaro 2SS 1ET37 $31,591.35
Tremec TR6060 6-speed Manual Transmission MN6 $0.00
Silver Ice Metallic GAN $0.00
RS Package for SS WRS $996.00
20-inch Midnight Silver Aluminum Wheel --- $0.00
Black Leather SS Interior AFM $0.00
Cyber Gray Metallic Stripes B7W $327.85
Vehicle Subtotal $32,915.20
+500 invoice
TOTAL: $33415.20

Total difference after 8% sales tax $2549.

I'm sticking to my guns. I think a weekend of driving is worth $2,000+