Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-26-2016, 10:28 PM   #29
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRaspberryJam View Post
As some of you may recall I made a recent post about installing long tubes with a completely straight piped system and how it came out incredibly and obnoxiously loud. Well, I've now installed hi flow cats along with a magnaflow tru x-pipe and honestly now it's too quiet!!! I really don't mean to complain but i just want this to come out how I want it! What's everybody's recommendation as far as having a nice throaty muscle car roar with a loud but comfortable sound level? I'm thinking of just trying it without the x-pipe

My current set up:

SW long tubes
SW hi flow cats
Magnaflow resonated x-pipe (PN 11386)
K&N CAI

Thank you guys so much!
So you are now without mufflers? And im thinking your resonated xpipe is not a tru x. I would think your set up would be plenty loud is your muffler delete now. Im getting that exact resonator installed tomorrow. Do you have a vid of your current setup?
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:33 PM   #30
MrRaspberryJam

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010reddevil View Post
Removing the x-pipe will hurt your exhaust performance and it will sound like shit. At least use an h-pipe.
What's the difference?
MrRaspberryJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:35 PM   #31
MrRaspberryJam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Our clients are big fans of the BORLA system, headers to ATAK. ARH is outstanding quality. If you can go catless Holley Hooker Blackheart is nasty.
So if I used the atak system how would that make it louder? Would I have to take the cats off and just use the atak mufflers?
Old 07-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #32
MrRaspberryJam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
So you are now without mufflers? And im thinking your resonated xpipe is not a tru x. I would think your set up would be plenty loud is your muffler delete now. Im getting that exact resonator installed tomorrow. Do you have a vid of your current setup?
I don't have a video yet but I can make one tomorrow morning. That's what I was thinking too but it's honestly the same sound level as stock
Old 07-27-2016, 01:49 PM   #33
BRN2SPD

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary Edition
Atak

Quote:
So if I used the atak system how would that make it louder? Would I have to take the cats off and just use the atak mufflers?
I have the Atak, resonator delete, and the Longtube SW headers which are uncatted. Loud (good kind of loud) is an understatement. I highly encourage you to consider my setup. 427rwhp after the tune. No performance was sacrificed at all. Only thing I haven't tried is installing an x pipe
-K&N Intake
-Resonator Delete
-Stance SF03 Titanium Wheels
2002 35th Anniversary SS Convertible
-SLP Performance Package
1991 Z28 Convertible
-Cam
-Heads
-Custom 350 Engine Build
BRN2SPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:00 PM   #34
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRN2SPD View Post
I have the Atak, resonator delete, and the Longtube SW headers which are uncatted. Loud (good kind of loud) is an understatement. I highly encourage you to consider my setup. 427rwhp after the tune. No performance was sacrificed at all. Only thing I haven't tried is installing an x pipe
Well the resonated xpipe is on...and it did tone it down volume wise for sure. But compared to the loud raspy high pitched sound I had before I'm ok with it. My car has a smooth low tone . I have a vid so I'll post it later on when I get home.....I can auctually hear the tires squell under hard acceleration now ....weird haha
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:58 PM   #35
Redtail

Drives: 2012 ss/rs
Quote:
What kind of headers do you have?
TSP
Redtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:28 AM   #36
2010reddevil

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
Quote:
What's the difference?
Because ALL cross plane V8 engines benefit from a crossover, especially an x-pipe. This is a well established fact.

2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black (old ride)
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:52 PM   #37
MrRaspberryJam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRN2SPD View Post
Do you have a video you could send me? That's a set up one actually been considering but I would like to hear it. Do you have the axle back or catback? I like it loud but not to the point where you can't have a conversation with the person next to you
Old 07-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #38
MrRaspberryJam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010reddevil View Post
Because ALL cross plane V8 engines benefit from a crossover, especially an x-pipe. This is a well established fact.
I know it sounds stupid but right now I'm focused more on sound than performance. What's gonna be replacing it IS an x pipe it'll just be custom and completely straight through with no chambers or resonators
Old 08-09-2016, 06:31 PM   #39
Magna_Flow

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
I know it sounds stupid but right now I'm focused more on sound than performance. What's gonna be replacing it IS an x pipe it'll just be custom and completely straight through with no chambers or resonators
Another thing to consider is the tone difference when you switch. Unresonated X pipes are notoriously raspy, especially with LTH's. Not that its a bad thing, but is not always the sound some people are aiming for.
Magna_Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:57 PM   #40
BRN2SPD

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Do you have a video you could send me? That's a set up one actually been considering but I would like to hear it. Do you have the axle back or catback? I like it loud but not to the point where you can't have a conversation with the person next to you

PM me your number and I'll send you a couple videos. I'd post it here but idk how to
-K&N Intake
-Resonator Delete
-Stance SF03 Titanium Wheels
2002 35th Anniversary SS Convertible
-SLP Performance Package
1991 Z28 Convertible
-Cam
-Heads
-Custom 350 Engine Build
BRN2SPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:57 AM   #41
NSM1010

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
I know this discussion was a while ago, but anyone got LTs with a resonator delete? Ive got a res. delete and thinking about long tubes. Gonna be a good sound or no...
NSM1010 is offline   Reply With Quote