Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-08-2016, 05:51 PM   #29
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete M View Post
I made and offer, he told me the total with shipping, I said "I'll take them."
He came back and told me he didnt realize the items would sell so fast and they were still on his car. He would be pulling them the coming week.
He never said a word about possibly selling locally.
To me, that was a deal made.
If it were otherwise, he would/should have told me.
When I asked him point blank if he sold it locally, he told me he did "because it was easier, sorry."
MAJOR FAIL....
Like Mr Stacy and others have stated... It's called integrity and it seems to be a fading quality.
Maybe it's my age (57) I don't know, but this really just hit the last nerve.
Every other transaction I have done on here (and there have been many that weren't "iRated") has gone smoothly and flawlessly. I guess because I ASSUMED I was dealing with someone that would keep his word it hit me as a betrayal.
Received an email from Ruben at SoCalporting and he said that they would match port my 80mm adapter spacer to my intake for 60 and it could be done in one day. Returned his email asking him about porting the upper and lower runners on the intake, as he mentioned they could do that also. Asked what he recommended for a n/a motor and if he had info about rwhp and rwtq increases and increased air flow. Hopefully he'll get back to me tomorrow.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:59 PM   #30
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
There's a lot more risk for the seller with shipping the item so it's easy to see why he took the easier local sale. Granted, I probably would have told you I was selling it locally personally, but I don't think it's the end of the world... You didn't lose anything so I don't see the need to put the guy on blast.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:10 PM   #31
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMCamaroSS View Post
There's a lot more risk for the seller with shipping the item so it's easy to see why he took the easier local sale. Granted, I probably would have told you I was selling it locally personally, but I don't think it's the end of the world... You didn't lose anything so I don't see the need to put the guy on blast.
Seems like they struck a deal and then he pimped him by not following through on the deal. It's black and white, granted no money was lost, but they had a deal then he didn't follow through. And didn't tell him he was changeing his mind until he called about it. Pimped, reneged, bad deal. It's not you, so it doesn't seem so bad. I was bummed when I saw the offer and someone beat me to it, now I'm glad it wasn't me who thought I scored a great deal then had the rug pulled out from under me.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #32
Pete M
9 Year USMC Vet

Drives: 2014 1LT black on black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Received an email from Ruben at SoCalporting and he said that they would match port my 80mm adapter spacer to my intake for 60 and it could be done in one day. Returned his email asking him about porting the upper and lower runners on the intake, as he mentioned they could do that also. Asked what he recommended for a n/a motor and if he had info about rwhp and rwtq increases and increased air flow. Hopefully he'll get back to me tomorrow.
Sweet, keep us posted!
Old 09-08-2016, 08:36 PM   #33
RichSS2006

Drives: 2010 2SSRS
I agree with the OP. I've made many successful deals on here. I had one fall through when the seller sold the item after we made a deal and arrangements for local pick up. He sold to a friend for more money. It sicks for sure, but I just moved on.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:29 PM   #34
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Seems like they struck a deal and then he pimped him by not following through on the deal. It's black and white, granted no money was lost, but they had a deal then he didn't follow through. And didn't tell him he was changeing his mind until he called about it. Pimped, reneged, bad deal. It's not you, so it doesn't seem so bad. I was bummed when I saw the offer and someone beat me to it, now I'm glad it wasn't me who thought I scored a great deal then had the rug pulled out from under me.
No, I wouldn't think differently if it happened to me. I mean, I get why he's bummed. What I don't understand is going on about questioning the guy's integrity and what not. C'mon man... It's a car part. lol The seller took the less risky deal for him and the OP isn't out anything on the "deal". Move on and seek out other options.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:54 PM   #35
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMCamaroSS View Post
No, I wouldn't think differently if it happened to me. I mean, I get why he's bummed. What I don't understand is going on about questioning the guy's integrity and what not. C'mon man... It's a car part. lol The seller took the less risky deal for him and the OP isn't out anything on the "deal". Move on and seek out other options.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:57 AM   #36
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
I made and offer, he told me the total with shipping, I said "I'll take them."
He came back and told me he didnt realize the items would sell so fast and they were still on his car. He would be pulling them the coming week.
He never said a word about possibly selling locally.
To me, that was a deal made.
If it were otherwise, he would/should have told me.
When I asked him point blank if he sold it locally, he told me he did "because it was easier, sorry."
MAJOR FAIL....
Like Mr Stacy and others have stated... It's called integrity and it seems to be a fading quality.
Maybe it's my age (57) I don't know, but this really just hit the last nerve.
Every other transaction I have done on here (and there have been many that weren't "iRated") has gone smoothly and flawlessly. I guess because I ASSUMED I was dealing with someone that would keep his word it hit me as a betrayal.
Alright then. I agree, I too would've considered it a deal. I also agree that it was a bit underhanded that he sold them because it was "easier". I also agree that integrity is a fading quality. I'm 50, and manage a restaurant. I have quite of few "millennials" working for me. Believe me, I know exactly what you mean. The thing is, they're all really pretty good kids, they were just brought up in a different time. As a friend of mine said, "all this everyone gets a trophy crap is coming home to roost".

But on the 1 to 10 list of human transgressions, 10 being genocide, this is probably a .0035. At least he didn't take your money, huh? And who knows, maybe this is the Universe looking out for you, perhaps the part was not it as advertised to be. Good luck with you're venture, you'll find what you're looking for.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:38 AM   #37
pbeyer2010

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Is this still going ? Fine here is my real life example from last weekend of why the seller did nothing wrong...

On Thursday I listed my lq4 for my old 4th gen for sale, all be it on Craigslist. By Friday night I had 2 guys say they would pick it up for asking price on Sunday, to then I said ok see you then. I then got a third offer at asking price and he would pick it up Saturday morning. Obviously whoever got there first would get the engine. The long and short of it is, the two Guys who were going to come Sunday to pick it up never even texted or called me back after we had "a deal" that they pick it up on Sunday. Ipso facto 66% of people who "make a deal" disappear. Seller did nothing wrong OP, you just win some and loose some ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SS MOOSE
pbeyer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:29 AM   #38
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeyer2010 View Post
Is this still going ? Fine here is my real life example from last weekend of why the seller did nothing wrong...

On Thursday I listed my lq4 for my old 4th gen for sale, all be it on Craigslist. By Friday night I had 2 guys say they would pick it up for asking price on Sunday, to then I said ok see you then. I then got a third offer at asking price and he would pick it up Saturday morning. Obviously whoever got there first would get the engine. The long and short of it is, the two Guys who were going to come Sunday to pick it up never even texted or called me back after we had "a deal" that they pick it up on Sunday. Ipso facto 66% of people who "make a deal" disappear. Seller did nothing wrong OP, you just win some and loose some ....

This is only your way of doing business.

When I list things for sale, whoever contacts me first, gets dibs on the sale with a due date. If they can't come through on the due date, then the next person in line gets the opportunity. If someone offers more cash and a quicker pickup time, I contact the person I currently have a deal with and inform them of my latest offer and see if they counter. If they cannot counter, I tell them point blank that I will sell it to the other person for obvious reasons.

People have the right to know. It's just the right thing to do.

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:30 AM   #39
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode View Post
I stand with OP, if you discuss and agree on a price with someone, and especially if it is all written, you technically have a business contract of sorts and it is pretty crappy of you to back out on someone. If the guy didnt want to sell it online...don't agree to sell it to someone online.
I wholeheartedly agree! If you work out a deal with someone for an agreed price and neither the seller nor buyer stipulate that they may sell / buy to / from another source, then, IMO, the seller went back on the deal. If you're going to deal with someone, be up front about it. Let them know you have other sources (buyer and seller) but be up front.

It's certainly not an egregious transgression but I'd be hard-pressed to ever trust someone again who did this to me.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Last edited by Baba; 09-09-2016 at 08:50 AM.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:16 PM   #40
Pete M
9 Year USMC Vet

Drives: 2014 1LT black on black
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
This is only your way of doing business.

When I list things for sale, whoever contacts me first, gets dibs on the sale with a due date. If they can't come through on the due date, then the next person in line gets the opportunity. If someone offers more cash and a quicker pickup time, I contact the person I currently have a deal with and inform them of my latest offer and see if they counter. If they cannot counter, I tell them point blank that I will sell it to the other person for obvious reasons.

People have the right to know. It's just the right thing to do.
Precisely....
Old 09-09-2016, 08:02 PM   #41
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Sweet, keep us posted!
Received an email from Ruben at SoCalporting. He said it would be best to send him all three pieces, the 80mm throttlebody, the adapter spacer, and the intake manifold, and they would port all three together for $300. He stated a 15 rwhp and 15 rwtq gain, better throttle response and a smoother power curve. V-maxx offers a stock throttlebody porting for $350 and if you send your stock TB in for a core return ,they send you $200 back, if it meets there standered, so it nets our to $150 for a stock TB port job. Jacfab was charging $400 for stock mani porting and $200 return core charge, net $200. Jacfab was charging $450 for a 80mm TB porting, and $200 core return, net $250. So, for me, I would get my TB, spacer, and mani all match ported together for 300, that's a great deal for me, as I haven't heard of anybody porting the 80mm TB. It would be $50 dollars cheaper than the V-maxx/Jacfab duo. If your intrested in getting some porting work done, SoCalporting seems to be a great option,imo.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:47 PM   #42
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeyer2010 View Post

Camaro5 isn't craigslist and we (well, most of us anyway) adhear to an unspoken code of honor. It's not always, all about the money is it?

A person who renegs on a deal is a dishonest person in just about any county or culture and deserves to be called out. I certainly wouldn't want to deal with such a person. C'mon people, STFU about reneging being SOP. It's fing BS.