Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-04-2010, 06:44 AM   #29
Stormyone

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacfanatic66 View Post
Ok now. I went down to my local parts store and they couldnt find any performance fuses available for my Camaro.

I did a search on line and found some guy down south that is selling them at 49.95 plus shipping. He promises they will do the trick and increase performance by 30% .

I dont understand why he wanted, along with my credit card info, my SSN and mothers maiden name. Hey, if I get Mustange killer performance, woo hoo!!!!!!!

P.S. The fuse pull does work on an M6 and the performance was noticable.
I believe I read in that other very long fuse pull thread that cars with later build dates are self correcting..... or are you saying regardless of the build date the fuse pull patch will work? I also read where someone had done a fuse pull but within a few days they had to do another one because the car had reverted back to the "pre fuse pull" performance... so here's the question, is the fuse pull thing a temporary "fix" which has to be repeated periodically, or is it a one time deal for most cars, or do you know?
Old 08-04-2010, 07:18 AM   #30
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Avec la Step 3?
A 1.751 I.D. hose holds .1251 gal/ft....... Typical gas pump hose is say 10 feet (The length you can see).. so in the picture above in just the 10 ft of black hose you can see, is 1.251 gallons of 85 octane waiting for your car....... Even if you selected 93 octane.
That is probably true, but, are you saying that if you pump say, 15 gallons of 93, and the first gallon is 87, that is degrades the whole tank? That's like saying if you pour an ounce of beer in a pint of tequila, you would now have beer. However, I've done the fuse pull, and I'm a believer in that.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:25 AM   #31
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyone View Post
I believe I read in that other very long fuse pull thread that cars with later build dates are self correcting..... or are you saying regardless of the build date the fuse pull patch will work? I also read where someone had done a fuse pull but within a few days they had to do another one because the car had reverted back to the "pre fuse pull" performance... so here's the question, is the fuse pull thing a temporary "fix" which has to be repeated periodically, or is it a one time deal for most cars, or do you know?
They are probably getting bad gas and that is why it reverted. I pulled mine the last time at the Fest when PQ gave me a CAI.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:29 AM   #32
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Ahhhhh so the PCM OS change in Oct-Nov didn't change anything concerning the Octane tables.

Good thing I drove to the gas station with the dealer and put 93 in it myself. (his dime of course)
Old 08-04-2010, 07:32 AM   #33
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublefatty View Post
In the paragraph above, is the ECM fuse, F13R, the same as the #5 fuse?
No the 13 fuse is in the trunk and you have to take the car apart I believe to get to it. It is also a engine control module fuse and looks like the one that cuts the battery backup to the ECM.

But since 5 and 20 are working and have been working I would just do those.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:15 AM   #34
allmotor
movin' down the motorway

Drives: Summiit White 2SS/RS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
No the 13 fuse is in the trunk and you have to take the car apart I believe to get to it. It is also a engine control module fuse and looks like the one that cuts the battery backup to the ECM.

But since 5 and 20 are working and have been working I would just do those.
Thanks, just wanted to clarify.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #35
Jose

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS White S/C
Hi, please excuse my ignorant question, how do I know that my car is registring the 93 octanes gas? I always use 93 in all my cars, but like someone mentioned earlier, when I purchased the car, it had less than 1/4 of tank, I can imagine that they put the cheapest one. How can I confirm?

Thanks
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:33 AM   #36
Stormyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
That is probably true, but, are you saying that if you pump say, 15 gallons of 93, and the first gallon is 87, that is degrades the whole tank? That's like saying if you pour an ounce of beer in a pint of tequila, you would now have beer. However, I've done the fuse pull, and I'm a believer in that.
That's what I was thinking.... if I get 15 gallons of gas, 14 which are 93 octane and 1 which is 87, then the average amount of octane for the 15 gallons would be what?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #37
Stormyone

Here is my other question that has not been addressed,
Quote:
I believe I read in that other very long fuse pull thread that cars with later build dates are self correcting..... or are you saying regardless of the build date the fuse pull patch will work or is needed?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #38
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
Will doing a fuse pull affect the tune I have already installed? And if you have a tune is the fuse pull still necassary.
I have a dyno tune on my car and I did the pull with no problems.

But, I don't think you'd need to pull the fuses...

The point of a tune is to maximize the air fuel ratio. so you should only have one fuel map.

But I can't say that for sure... that is my guess...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:52 AM   #39
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacfanatic66 View Post
Ok now. I went down to my local parts store and they couldnt find any performance fuses available for my Camaro.

I did a search on line and found some guy down south that is selling them at 49.95 plus shipping. He promises they will do the trick and increase performance by 30% .

I dont understand why he wanted, along with my credit card info, my SSN and mothers maiden name. Hey, if I get Mustang killer performance, woo hoo!!!!!!!

P.S. The fuse pull does work on an M6 and the performance was noticable.
You don't have to get new fuses. Just take them out for a few hours (preferrably over-night) and then put the same ones back in. Done...

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #40
rawj7
U.S. ARMY Aviation Mech

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS 6 Speed
The better half has the car at work right now but I want to ask. Where are fuses 5, and 20? also exactly how long do I need to leave them out? also is there a special fuse puller I need to get? thanks
Old 08-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #41
Kulo

Drives: Silver Ice Metallic SS
PICS of fuses , small white puller is in the fuse box.
Not sure how long to leave out, i left mine out overnight.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38964
Old 08-04-2010, 09:11 AM   #42
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsman34 View Post
Would the fuse pulls make a difference on a 2011 2SS LS3 M6 in So. California? We only have 91 octane as the max available here in the greater Los Angeles area.
It would if you have had low octane fuel in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Scotty,

I don't think that will clear the ECU. There is a battery backup unit in line to the fuse box in the engine bay. The fuse pull is after that battery.
Unless crossing the lines drains the battery backup real fast. Of course, still easier to just remove the fuses.

Quote:
Why did you have to do two fuse pulls? One was not enough? What happened that required you to do a second pull if it worked the first time?
Could have gotten low grade gas by mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
Will doing a fuse pull affect the tune I have already installed? And if you have a tune is the fuse pull still necassary.
Might depend on the tune. It would seem that the tuner would change the setting and save as the default settings. But it might depend on the tuner. I'd love to get an answer for that.

Quote:
Yes. You did read that. But the purpose of this thread is to correct that mis-information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Hi, please excuse my ignorant question, how do I know that my car is registring the 93 octanes gas? I always use 93 in all my cars, but like someone mentioned earlier, when I purchased the car, it had less than 1/4 of tank, I can imagine that they put the cheapest one. How can I confirm?

Thanks
You have to ask your dealer. Or whoever you bought it from. OR, since you've been running 93 ever since, just do the fuse pull and then you KNOW your on the right map.

Quote:
Here is my other question that has not been addressed,
This affects all of them.