Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-28-2014, 08:54 AM   #29
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
I just installed 2" headers and have the Noweeds diverters. It is crazy loud, some people even thought I had a Cam. Love that I can go from standard exhaust/headers exhaust note to full blown race car with open headers haha. Cheers!

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #30
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFly View Post
So open headers are no cats and sound a lot louder and better?
Yep - stay on the porch if you can't run......

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:44 PM   #31
Cuthroat

Drives: sold my last performance car...
Yep, Must have had a ton of fires all over drag strips since the 1950's... Please. I have run open headers on numerous cars since the mid 70's (along with many friends) never had a fire. Yes you could get caught, with a stick car just put in the clutch or shift auto to neutral as you go by the 5.0 and the car quiets right down until you come to a stand still. Also the need for some back pressure is a myth that's been proven many times. You just have to keep your exhaust pipe diameter reasonable to your motor output to keep the exhaust gas velocity up. Bottom line, open headers sound awesome! But are loud so some sort of compromise is best.
Cuthroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #32
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Here you go my man. I can close the side pipes or open them whenever i wish. Just hear how peep quite it gets when the diverters close up near the end of the video. How could you say no to open headers, your also helping out society by blowing dirt off pavement haha

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:12 AM   #33
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
I know I am a old hot rodder who works for law enforcement
Like a drag racing nark????

BOOOOOOOO go home with your super quiet like a Prius car.

OP already said he wasnt going open headers. Like everyone else I say add you some cutouts! They are one of the most fun upgrades to do for so many reasons.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote