Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-18-2014, 02:06 AM   #29
ex-SS-ve

Seems that a few dealerships definately do not take customer service seriously. Seems like there truley is maybe one or 2 chevy dealerships in houston that are first class while the rest are hellholes. Picked mine up today unfortunately after dark and the service writers were all gone. Well i pulled it into brighter lights on the lot and there it was. A dime sized door ding on passenger door right on the crease. This is the second time for this b.s to happen at the same dealership.. Hopefully theres some sort of resolution as this is pretty much due to their carelessness.
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:15 AM   #30
ex-SS-ve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZL1 View Post
They just replaced the booster on mine from the same issue. Booster replaced as warranty issue. They will also have to repaint the area under the master as the brake fliud damage the paint under there as well. Service manager, said that will also be warranty because the paint damage resulted from the leaky master.

And, my battery died while in sevice for two weeks. WTF??
I can understand the frustration you are going thru. I would have been to the point of making the servicing dealer cover that months payment for the inconvenience they have put you thru. Seems as things like this are a lesson learned when it starts costing them money..
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:09 AM   #31
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
Do not leave your car in dealer service bays if u can avoid it. My last 3 camaros have all been damaged to the point of needing paint repair while in dealer service bays for simple warranty work or oil changes.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:56 AM   #32
Fast92RS

Drives: 2013 Zl1
This reminds me of my third gen 92 Camaro I had. When it was still under warranty I had a pinging noise in the engine. They had the car for about a week and that didnt fix it back and forth a couple times before it was fixed. So when they finally fixed it I went to pick up the car and the front bumper was scratched, the grill damaged and the spoiler ripped. They tried to tell me it was like that. I said no way. So they repainted the bumper and replaced the grill and spoiler. About two weeks later the painted pealed on the the spoiler and I realized they took parts from another Camaro on there lot and put it on mine. I was pissed and went back and made them by brand new parts and show them to me before they put them on.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #33
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by tohper View Post
I do that after i park anywhere besides the house

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
I even do it at my house!

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #34
rzrbck_zl1

Drives: '13 ZL1 CRT #702; '05 Hemi Ram
It's sad we can't even trust the dealers we purchased our cars from - when I took my ZL1 in to the dealer for the first oil change, there were white marks on the front seats (both driver and passenger), evidently from paint or something the tech had on his pants. Took a while, but I managed to get it cleaned up. I'd gotten out of the habit of doing my own service on my vehicles, but I think it's time I started again. At least then I can trust that my vehicle is being treated properly...
rzrbck_zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #35
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Quote:
Yep, 22 days at dealer. They partially fixed one of the issues and didn't touch anything else. I picked up the car with the Repair order left open because they were not done working on it, but did not want to continue paying for my loaner car.
At the 14 day mark, they asked me to take the car and return it later to finish the work. But, when I went to start it, it would not crank. battery test indicated dead cell in batt (12 month old). they kept the car, changed the battery and then the brake booster that week.
The whole time, my car sat in the sun, cooking, and getting scratch by thier lovely mechanics and lot attendants.
I am not happy that I still have to go back so that they can finish attempting to fix my car.
I don't understand. Why couldn't they just fix all your car issues in about a week. A week and half tops. I wouldn't take it back there.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:21 AM   #36
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve View Post
I can understand the frustration you are going thru. I would have been to the point of making the servicing dealer cover that months payment for the inconvenience they have put you thru. Seems as things like this are a lesson learned when it starts costing them money..
I had a payment covered in 2012 due to dealer taking 5 weeks to repaint my trunk and spoiler factory paint issues
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:27 PM   #37
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...point is, look at your car, take pics even, before you leave it for repairs....anywhere.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:07 PM   #38
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
inspections

My Camaro has been siting at my Chevy dealer since November 21st. Now they tell me my taillight is running by itself which is killing my car and I have the led taillights. When my car gets low battery voltage the lights go crazy. I'm even more furious because my baby is parked out in the cold and snow now.
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:33 PM   #39
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
I had a payment covered in 2012 due to dealer taking 5 weeks to repaint my trunk and spoiler factory paint issues
Since I am paying over 1200 a month for this car, these guys are costing me a lot of "fun per car payment" value. Out of the 12 months I have owned the car, the Chevy dealer has had it for more than 1 month! and the repairs are not done, plus I am going to need bodyshop time as well, with no replacement car.

I get more upset, the more I think about this.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:49 PM   #40
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
^^^

Sounds like it's your dealer. You may have to go in there and start strapping ass. They are taking advantage of you. If they are costing you money, you need to turn the tables and cost them money and it will get repaired sooner. Are you calling them every day? You have to stay on top of them when they do that. My local dealer is like that. I drive 25 miles to the other dealership that is much larger and seems to be dialed in on repairs. I had a supercharger ordered and replaced under a weeks time. It will be worth it once you get your car returned.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:25 PM   #41
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Quote:
Since I am paying over 1200 a month for this car, these guys are costing me a lot of "fun per car payment" value. Out of the 12 months I have owned the car, the Chevy dealer has had it for more than 1 month! and the repairs are not done, plus I am going to need bodyshop time as well, with no replacement car.
I get more upset, the more I think about this.
That's not right man. You need to speak with the service manager and go higher up the food chain as well. They have had your car for quite some time and it's still not done. Tell them they need to finish the car ASAP before you go to the area manager and start complaining. Be courteous, but yet assertive.
Good luck!