Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-04-2022, 07:53 PM   #29
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
That looks good! I need to do mine and I've got a roll of CF in the garage from Ebay I could use. Can they be applied without removing the strips?
I removed mine when I wrapped them. Very easy to remove and you can wrap the film on the underside and also not have to worry about a blade near your paint.
ECS supercharger, Texas speed stage 3 boosted cam, Johnson 2110 race style lifters, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 12:09 AM   #30
Rob99
I’m Magik a physco dog

Drives: '15 1LT/RS & '23 3LT/RS
Mine have some cracks in them from the brutal Cali sun were it lived before i got it so i'm guessing if i try to remove them they will break apart.
Is there a specific Chevy part # for replacements? I don't believe wrapping them will work.
2015 1LT Ashen Grey
2016 1LT Blue Velvet
My entire life has been 'A Midlife Crisis'

Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 09:44 AM   #31
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
Mine have some cracks in them from the brutal Cali sun were it lived before i got it so i'm guessing if i try to remove them they will break apart.
Is there a specific Chevy part # for replacements? I don't believe wrapping them will work.
GM 92225861

That is for one so you will have to buy 2 of them.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 12:54 PM   #32
Rob99
I’m Magik a physco dog

Drives: '15 1LT/RS & '23 3LT/RS
@ Mr_Draco, thank you.
2015 1LT Ashen Grey
2016 1LT Blue Velvet
My entire life has been 'A Midlife Crisis'

Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 12:45 PM   #33
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2ss2010 View Post
I removed mine when I wrapped them. Very easy to remove and you can wrap the film on the underside and also not have to worry about a blade near your paint.

Okay. Will give it a go. Thanks.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 07:45 PM   #34
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2ss2010 View Post
Same here. I used the Vvivid epoxy high gloss about a year ago. Still standing up pretty good.

Looks I do not have enough CF roll in the garage to do both my strips. I looked up the product you used and it shows only good for interior use only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 11-13-2022, 09:57 AM   #35
Bluebagger06

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Looks really nice...
Thanks, I ended up doing my roof in same Carbon fiber also!, Did you get yours done yet?
Old 11-13-2022, 10:12 AM   #36
Bluebagger06

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Quote:
Looks I do not have enough CF roll in the garage to do both my strips. I looked up the product you used and it shows only good for interior use only?

VViViD Tek R Full-Gloss Black, Highly Weather-Resistant Vinyl Wrap Film Roll (17.75in x 5ft)
4.2 out of 5 stars
$15.99
$15
Save 20% when you buy $99.00 of select items
One-Day
FREE delivery Tomorrow, Nov 14
Old 11-20-2022, 06:21 PM   #37
SummitWhite11

Gen 5 Roof moldings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebagger06 View Post
VViViD Tek R Full-Gloss Black, Highly Weather-Resistant Vinyl Wrap Film Roll (17.75in x 5ft)
4.2 out of 5 stars
$15.99
$15
Save 20% when you buy $99.00 of select items
One-Day
FREE delivery Tomorrow, Nov 14

Well I went ahead and purchased this roll and sure enough my worst fear came to realization… the plastic is brittle and broke. The clip attached inside broke as well as the front of the strip on the passenger side, while ever so lightly lifting it with a plastic trim removal tool. I also looked at the drivers side and see the rear is already cracked without even touching it. Looks like I will have to order two new strips.

Last edited by SummitWhite11; 11-20-2022 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-20-2022, 06:22 PM   #38
SummitWhite11

Gen 5 Roof moldings

Another pic… also I noticed when pulling the entire strip off it is indeed once piece. Not three pieces as stated for earlier models and later updated to a once piece strip… hmmm???

Last edited by SummitWhite11; 11-20-2022 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-20-2022, 07:06 PM   #39
SummitWhite11

I did a search via google and trying to find the correct part numbers for left and right strips. Will the clips come with the strips or is this a separate part number? I’m going to go ahead and replace everything with new parts minus the paint. Any help is appreciated.

Old 11-21-2022, 01:21 PM   #40
Ernie70

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro 1LT
I have replaced mine . The clips are separate. You shouldn't need the clips, cause they are like super adhered to the body. The strips are just press fitted on there with the 2 clips at the front and back. The strips change out in literally 5 mins.
Ernie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 02:25 PM   #41
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie70 View Post
I have replaced mine . The clips are separate. You shouldn't need the clips, cause they are like super adhered to the body. The strips are just press fitted on there with the 2 clips at the front and back. The strips change out in literally 5 mins.

One of my clips broke as you can see in the pic.

Old 11-21-2022, 08:32 PM   #42
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Another pic… also I noticed when pulling the entire strip off it is indeed once piece. Not three pieces as stated for earlier models and later updated to a once piece strip… hmmm???
They use to be manufactured as 3 different pieces (the middle and the two ends) and the ends are glued on after manufacturing. The glue would eventually fail causing the ends to come off as you've seen.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote