Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-25-2016, 09:19 AM   #29
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
It's also possible you're oblivious to the type of film to which I'm referring. I'll watch Better Off Dead to see if that's it, but I'm certain Herbie the Love Bug & Chitty Chitty Bang Bang aren't it.
Better Off Dead is one of the greatest movies in my opinion, but it will not fit what you are saying. You will enjoy watching it though.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:41 AM   #30
Michael R.

Drives: Camaro EU (2SS/RS)&Skoda Octavia RS
Pick one ;-)

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?ma...elInclModel=on

Cheers

Michael
Michael R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:47 AM   #31
custommx3

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2023 3LT RS, 2011 2LT RS
Not really a movie, but I see it on the show all the time.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/04/...ertible-video/
custommx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:01 AM   #32
Skillet
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Here's a great idea for a movie...

A guy buys a Camaro then goes on Camaro5.com and asks what he should get and everyone tells him to get a catch can.
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:05 AM   #33
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael R. View Post
Nearly all of them are simply movies with Camaros in them, but thanks anyway.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:06 AM   #34
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
Here's a great idea for a movie...

A guy buys a Camaro then goes on Camaro5.com and asks what he should get and everyone tells him to get a catch can.
I think black bowties would be a darker theme.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:10 AM   #35
Skillet
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
I think black bowties would be a darker theme.
How about we develop a plot, maybe even a script? Then we can start thinking about what actors we want.
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:11 AM   #36
jimlem

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
So Mustang has Bullitt, Challenger has Vanishing Point, Firebird has Smokey & the Bandit, Corvette has Corvette Summer... Camaro doesn't have that one special film?

I thought there would be a few. Maybe we need to pool our resources & make it.
Sorry not exactly a Camaro but definitely a kissing cousin and one fine car too. A match made in heaven.

The Rockford Files Starring James Garner as James Rockford. Best damn TV show-made 40+ years ago.

And we just lost Joe Santos who played his buddy & LAPD Copper, Denis Becker. IT WAS A Fantastic show!

If you ever get to see an interview with Jas. Garner regarding the show -watch it! He talks about the car as if it's his buddy & friend. He knew every mod they were doing on it for that show. Depending on what stunts were coming up with it. He did the lion's share of driving and car stunts himself. He said it was the best part of the show. GOOD SHOW, Great acting, and closest thing I can think of showing off a GM car driven by a classy actor whose a 100% smart ass.

James Garner said in an interview, that for all seasons made, (~7 seasons) They only needed ~2&1/2 vehicles for all those seasons. Cars 1 & 2 were used for driving during the film and the (1/2 car) was used over and over as the Crash / Drive off the cliff or into the water stunt car. Great show, Great actors!!!
jimlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:31 AM   #37
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Gone in 60 Seconds.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:33 AM   #38
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Not a movie, but Knight Rider.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:36 AM   #39
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Maybe Hollywood just figured Bullitt couldn't be outdone.
Eleanor tried...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...17868183,d.amc
Old 03-25-2016, 10:37 AM   #40
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlem View Post
Sorry not exactly a Camaro but definitely a kissing cousin and one fine car too. A match made in heaven.

The Rockford Files Starring James Garner as James Rockford. Best damn TV show-made 40+ years ago.

And we just lost Joe Santos who played his buddy & LAPD Copper, Denis Becker. IT WAS A Fantastic show!

If you ever get to see an interview with Jas. Garner regarding the show -watch it! He talks about the car as if it's his buddy & friend. He knew every mod they were doing on it for that show. Depending on what stunts were coming up with it. He did the lion's share of driving and car stunts himself. He said it was the best part of the show. GOOD SHOW, Great acting, and closest thing I can think of showing off a GM car driven by a classy actor whose a 100% smart ass.

James Garner said in an interview, that for all seasons made, (~7 seasons) They only needed ~2&1/2 vehicles for all those seasons. Cars 1 & 2 were used for driving during the film and the (1/2 car) was used over and over as the Crash / Drive off the cliff or into the water stunt car. Great show, Great actors!!!
I'm a BIG fan of James Garner & the Rockford Files. Yes, most of the stunts, both fighting & driving, were done by him. They took a toll on his body & he was pretty beat up by the time the series ended. He was widely respected within the stunt community. There's a driving stunt called the 'Rockford turn' which he created. I'm not ashamed to admit that my allergies kicked in a little when he passed away a couple of years ago.

Some Reverse 180's - J turns - Rockford turns
Old 03-25-2016, 10:39 AM   #41
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
There are many movies which prominently feature a Camaro, but I'm searching for movies in which a Camaro is actually the star or co-star, similar to Mark Hamill & the 1973 Corvette in Corvette Summer or Barry Newman & the 1970 Challenger in Vanishing Point.

Transformers is pretty much the big example. Saw it in the theater in 2007 and there were a few cheers when the new one came on screen.
i can think of a few other movies that had camaro's in them, but weren't remotely the star.
Rockford was a good show. james garner got a bunch of nomintations and awards for it. I noticed an early episode on tv the other day from 1974. it was a Firebird Esprit, and i think he got a new one each of the first 3 years. i always thought it was kind of interesting a guy who seemed to be struggling a bit had a nice car like that, but then again i suppose they weren't that expensive back then.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:41 AM   #42
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
Transformers is pretty much the big example. Saw it in the theater in 2007 and there were a few cheers when the new one came on screen.
i can think of a few other movies that had camaro's in them, but weren't remotely the star.
You truly understand my question. Thank you!!!