Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-13-2016, 09:51 AM   #29
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I will just throw this out here.
Vortech YSI, 600-1200 hp capable with pulley options
Comes standard with a host of desirable options.
ATI superdamper
10 rib drive
1200 hp intercooler
3 in aluminum charge piping
Silicone couplers
Large MAF housing.
Cold air kit

Feel free to give me a call, I will be happy to discuss your project, listen to your goals and help make the right decision for you.

Ted.
Sent you a PM, internet calling here sucks.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:54 AM   #30
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticowarbird View Post
Sweet, one less hurt feelings report the admins get to fill out.
Get a room.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:23 AM   #31
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I don't know how many really 'search' for what other's have done, but 2 suggestions I'd make:

- Look at the ones who made COTW (usually can get to those from the home page). MANY of them are SC, Cammed, Turbo-ed, etc. Each will have a link to their build threads. 6 Years of built cars...

- Search the member build thread -- while some are not COTW, many are still building their cars (and eventually, may submit for COTW). 6 years of info there too.

That may help you decide since you'll be able to see who did what, who is still running those changes, and what they may have changed afterwards...

Just a thought...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #32
Skogen
Hell Yea!

Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS & 2012 2SSRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
If those are your current mods, then personally, I would recommend the ECS kit. Hard to beat for the price and power potential.

Just before I went TT, I had invested in boltons that were catered to SC cars, I was dead set on supercharging, so CAI Headers and a few others. When I made my choice, based on my budget and goals, I decided to go the twin turbo option. So I sold all my SC specific parts here on C5. Didn't get all my money back, but I didn't take a beating either. I took the money I got from my parts and used it for my TT stuff.

Whats your budget, and power goals?
I was on the same track as 1KillerSS. Had headers, CAI ect ect ect. Was dead set on a YSI or whipple.

Spoke to Kevin at AGP once and changed my mind. For a pneumatic drill sounding car, she sure moves. No regrets.

Cannot go wrong either way, just depends on what you want.
Find somebody that has a FI car and go for a ride.

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Crystal Red Tintcoat - AGP 54/57 Twin Turbo with Meth injection. 704 RWHP.
2015 Chevrolet 2500 LTZ
1969 Chevelle SS396 - Numbers matching
Skogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 11:48 AM   #33
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
I don't know how many really 'search' for what other's have done, but 2 suggestions I'd make:

- Look at the ones who made COTW (usually can get to those from the home page). MANY of them are SC, Cammed, Turbo-ed, etc. Each will have a link to their build threads. 6 Years of built cars...

- Search the member build thread -- while some are not COTW, many are still building their cars (and eventually, may submit for COTW). 6 years of info there too.

That may help you decide since you'll be able to see who did what, who is still running those changes, and what they may have changed afterwards...

Just a thought...

-Don

Great advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skogen View Post
I was on the same track as 1KillerSS. Had headers, CAI ect ect ect. Was dead set on a YSI or whipple.

Spoke to Kevin at AGP once and changed my mind. For a pneumatic drill sounding car, she sure moves. No regrets.

Cannot go wrong either way, just depends on what you want.
Find somebody that has a FI car and go for a ride.
Same here no regrets what so ever, OP you will love what ever you pick.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 11:51 AM   #34
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Thank you all for your advice. Think I have it narrowed down to 3 or 4 superchargers.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:00 PM   #35
failshift
Banned

Yaaaaaas

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
SLP supercharged 2013 SS/RS 1LE VR
Full front half protected by Xpel PPF
Instagram:@Failshift
565hp/560tq @8.6psi
1LE Owners Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/559684050767758/
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:08 PM   #36
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post

Just a thought...

-Don
That would require effort
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:17 PM   #37
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
That would require effort
What is this "effort" you speak of? Lol. I have looked through builds and some (I admit not all) COTW and even followed Hammdo's with the LSA added. So I got a little tired of reading what others have done and thought I'd reach out for opinions and advice is all. I'm sure all those in COTW and those that have built or are still building have done the same. Thank you again to everyone who has given positve feedback and advice, it has helped point me in a direction, I'll let you know if it was the right one later.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:22 PM   #38
ABMLS3

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Camaro 2SS/RS
I had IPS twin turbo kit, now I have an ecs. I like my ECS more mostly because i think it sounds 100x better. its hard to compare the power though because it hits so much different. IPS is also the worst company I've ever dealt with (probably why they're out of business) but if i can go back to the beginning id go with ECS

Power Source Performance Turbo Kit

416 C.I ,TH400
Instagram: TomTraube
COTW ABMLS3 Build Thread
ABMLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 10:21 PM   #39
todd69gs

Drives: 2014 Crystal Red 1LE 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABMLS3 View Post
I had IPS twin turbo kit, now I have an ecs. I like my ECS more mostly because i think it sounds 100x better. its hard to compare the power though because it hits so much different. IPS is also the worst company I've ever dealt with (probably why they're out of business) but if i can go back to the beginning id go with ECS

Your car looks killer. What is the size combo for the drag radial set up?
Also how loud is the ecs kit inside the car while driving?
todd69gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:39 PM   #40
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABMLS3 View Post

Holy hell she's a beauty
Old 05-16-2016, 12:33 PM   #41
ABM Camaro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 Camaro
Ive been looking at superchargers, and im not sure what direction I want yet. What I don't like about some of them is exactly what's in ABMLS3's pictures. ( beautiful car by the way from one ABM to another)

The air intake breather is a couple inches away from the exhaust manifolds thus effecting the IATs with very hot air getting sucked in. Its got to get super hot under the hood stopped at a light or after a burn out at the track.

Then the air cooling exchanger is so blocked by the bumper and looks 50% effective. Just some of the top and the bottom of the unit are getting cooler air. I do like the price on the ECS, Vortech, Prochargers.

The TVS2300 gets the intake air further away and you can get a race scoop for under the intake to help retrieve cooler air from outside of the engine bay. From what I've read, they are more powerful under 4000 RPMs than above 4000 RPMS. Priced a little more but easier to install.

Im not sure where the air cooling exchanger sits with the 2300's. I haven't read guys having much a problem with the SLP and Magnasum, Whipple units.

With your current set up, and adding a supercharger it will be a very powerful Camaro, but you better budget a rebuilt forged motor, fueling system, and transmission repairs with that kind of final power.
ABM Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:46 AM   #42
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Started buying some parts over the weekend to get the ball rolling. Picked up id850 injectors, zl1 fuel pump, adm FPCM, and a new pro series torque converter from circle D... eventually something is going to happen with them all.