Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #29
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Speeding ticket stories are just a reminder as to why I purchased a radar detector.

It sucks picking one up so quickly out of the gate, but life is a learning experience. And I think you're learning all the right lessons from this.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #30
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
On another note, and I say this from experience, never start drinking alcohol and driving because that's where it really really sucks when you get pulled over. Not a good thing.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #31
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal2010yellow View Post
If only other teens could read this thread and realize that speeding is worthless. I'm 62 and only had 2 tickets driving 10 miles (in 40 miles lmit) over the speed limits since age 18. But I still do some fast starts, but I quit at the speed limit....And our Camaro now have a speed limiter (warning), this should be a standard equipment. I would even suggest that parents do have a control of the max speed they decide on and block the entry and have a password to verify if their kids did go over the limit (same as stools in big trucks).

I imagine your parents will have a chance to read your comments and give you an other chance in a near future.

Good luck.
True speeding not worth it. A guy in Challenger R/T speeds home every day and only beats me to my neighborhood by about 10 seconds.
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #32
ZNOLMT

Drives: Rally Yellow 2LT
Let that be a lesson! But still, just one ticket isn't the end of the world. A few years ago when I was 19-21 I had gotten about 4-5 over the course of just a couple of years. I am just now seeing the end of their effects.

The $212 isn't too bad. My speeding ticket was something like 300-400 + insurance increases .. however 6 points is crazy! We have a different point system or something here in California, because I think we only get 1 per infraction.

I also had gotten a red light ticket, a stop sign ticket and a pedestrian ticket all in the same year.

I drove like a dick back then, but now I am much more careful. I've learned my lesson, hopefully you've learned yours after just this one.
ZNOLMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #33
gmpartsman00
Back on "The Darkside"

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3) RJT
Come talk to me sometime, when you've been through some good ticket shit. You have your "First" speeding ticket......get over it!!!!. Live and learn man, it's all a part of fast cars
You'll learn
gmpartsman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:11 PM   #34
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too dramatic.

it's a ticket, get over it. dont be stupid again.
I 100% agree... whatever. I have had plenty of tickets for speeding. It is not a big deal. Not like I am out racing, just over the (usually way to low) posted limit.

Over the last 10 or so years... 66 in 55, 67 in 55, another 66 in 55, 56 in 45 (see a trend here) LOL. Not to mention the 91 in a 55 (super nice lady said I was over 3 digits but wrote me down since i was accomodating) Currently I have only 2 points on my DL. I would have been scott free clean Oct 2010 but i got picked up in like July for the last 66 in 55. Not once in the Camaro. Most in my truck...

I dont see the need to get all mushy over a ticket. it happens and everyone on here (dont try to deny it) has opened their car up and exceeded the legal limit. if you say you havent.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #35
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I always thought ur record got cleared after you take that driving course.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #36
KiwiT

Drives: Honda Shadow VT750
It is just a ticket, but as others say, consider it a warning.

I've had 3 or 4 tickets since I've been on the road and have only one accident. Pretty bad accident, wrote off my first car and 100% my fault.

Just very, very lucky that I didn't injure anyone or kill anyone!

Nowadays my sillyness has gone (got a motorbike now, but thinking very seriously about getting a Camaro - hence why I'm on here) but it takes moments like this to get sensible I think!
KiwiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #37
KnuckleBuster
A Virginia Drifter

Drives: Pick-um-up
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal2010yellow View Post
If only other teens could read this thread and realize that speeding is worthless. I'm 62 and only had 2 tickets driving 10 miles (in 40 miles lmit) over the speed limits since age 18. But I still do some fast starts, but I quit at the speed limit....And our Camaro now have a speed limiter (warning), this should be a standard equipment. I would even suggest that parents do have a control of the max speed they decide on and block the entry and have a password to verify if their kids did go over the limit (same as stools in big trucks).

I imagine your parents will have a chance to read your comments and give you an other chance in a near future.

Good luck.
(And a lot of immature adults too!)

Empty road at night, speeding= bad, bad idea. I've had a few close calls on what I thought were empty roads. One time on a back road, I came up behind a muddy pickup truck that had so much mud on it from being out in the fields, that I didn't even see the muddy tail lights until I was almost on him (him doing about 35 in a 55 zone. Luckily I wasn't speeding). Scared the s### out of me.
And don't forget people, what looks like a deserted road can turn into a not so deserted road in a heartbeat (especially if you're speeding). All it takes is someone coming out their driveway or side street and not see you or notice how fast you're going.

For the OP, congratulations on being such a mature young adult. It sounds like you realize your mistake and accepted the consequences. That's something a lot of people can't do at any age.
KnuckleBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #38
YOUNGnRECKLESS
Building the Beast

Drives: 2010 VR LS3
being 20 years old, I feel for you. It sucks to get a ticket so early, but I can't even tell you how many I've had since driving. mostly for stuff like tints etc but a few speeding as well. just be thankful you didn't get too carried away and really let her fly, 6 points is a warning to be careful. I was even more careless, took a 6 point ticket as it'll never happen again, got stopped again doing nearly double the speed limit, cop was nice enough to bring down to only loose my license for 3 months. But i did it on a quiet road with no one to hurt but myself, it was my urge to feel the car but I payed the price for it. All this was with my v6, I have saved up again and bought the v8...with the new baby I hardly ever go over 2,000rpm when im shifting, just gotta love the car for what it is =) gotta say also in some sick twisted way my insurance dropped incredibly from the v6 to the v8, who woulda guessed? haha. be safe
Old 12-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #39
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
I admire the gravity with which he respects and acknowledges the error of his ways.
Nice job Bro, 6 more points like you've stated, and it's even out of your parents hands, obviously in Va. this is not just a ticket. OH and by nice job, I mean your frankness, acceptance of your error and responsibility you display in handling it. For those flaming or saying too much drama etc, I won't feel as badly when you wreck, just hopefully no one else will be injured by your immature arrogance.

Good luck Snoopy! So many out there wouldn't even take the time to contemplate the harm they may have bestowed on someone else with their recklessness!
I commend you!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #40
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
You did the crime, now pay the fine. Way to own up though, very responsible for someone your age. I'm technically in the old-fart category (over 50) been there, done that. Have only gotten two speeding tickets in my 36 yrs of driving. It's not worth it.

Now learn from your mistake and get your heavy foot off the gas. VA sucks for citations too, but hey - live and learn.

Good luck with the parents..
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #41
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyAce7 View Post
I know the majority of the crowd on these forums are 35-40 years and older. However, we know there are a few blessed and very fortunate 16-19 year old owners on here as well, including myself. For some of us, we've had to work hard in school to pull good grades and at our jobs to save up all that we could for X number of years, and for others they just got lucky on their birthday. Either way, we can ALL agree that owning a 5th gen Camaro, whether V6 or V8, at any age below 20 is unbelievable.

A few nights ago, I got my first ticket for speeding . I've only held my license for a year and a half now and already, through 1 dumb and careless decision i made, I have put points onto my (previously)clean record at too young of an age. I don't blame the car and I certainly don't blame anybody but myself. Because of the decision I made, and the fact that I got ticketed, I will have to go through quite a process to make things the best that I can for my driving record. First of all, when you get ticketed for speeding with a radar OR the air laser, YOU are at NO position to blame anyone/thing else or not take responsibilities of your actions(not a position you ever want to be in, in any incident). At this point, the ball is in the officer's and the judge's court, putting ME at a complete disadvantage.

I was on a (I thought) completely empty road at night, and decided to open her up for a bit. As soon as I passed the car with no lights on at the U-turn, and saw the radar beacon flash inside that vehicle as I passed...I knew I was done. The Officer then threw on all the flashing lights and trailed behind me. I pulled over before the officer even got close. It was the most nervous I had ever been in my life and I will never want to to repeat that feeling and experience. The Officer was friendly, but made her point clear. I was 25 over and clearly not by accident. There's no excuse for being that reckless...AT ALL. After breaking the news to my parents who had trusted me with this vehicle for 7 months now, their view on me has completely changed and my opportunity of operating this vehicle has obviously been revoked. I must now have to pay $212 for the ticket, $75 for driver improvement class, court fee, and insurance increase of $50-$100 biannually. I will also get 6 points put on my license...only 6 more away from getting suspended. It is all too easy to go from a good driving record to a bad one. It was the stupidiest & most expensive decision I have made in my life, for a few seconds of speed. If one is so tempted, or occasionally does make this thoughtless decision I made...I URGE you to re-think the consequences. Somebody is always watching, maybe not the first time, maybe not even the second time...but eventually time will catch up and reckless decisions like these, put not only you and your vehicle in danger, but MORE importantly those around you if God forbid you lose control. So blast your slow jams and cruise in your Camaro...speeding is not worth all of the consequences that come with it.
:(
HOLY S**T BATMAN!!! A person actually taking responsibility for their actions and not blaming everyone else!!!

Good form!!! (insert pat on the back here)
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #42
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Made that mistake on my first ticket also, I was doing 120 in my old car on a fairly deserted road in broad daylight. I saw the trooper and my first reaction was to slam on my brakes. He got me a 91 which is still a crazy bad ticket.
The actual mistake though, was not running.

Do the math, you see a cop and you are going 100 + and you floor it. As long as your car runs at least low 14s you'll be able to get to the next exit and make yourself hidden before he catches up. He has to react to how fast you are going, then play catch up. By the time you pass him you could be going at least 110. Fast enough that he CANNOT get your plate #. Then he still has to equal your speed before he can even start to close the gap. The gap will continue to widen until he hits whatever speed you are at, which would be 140 by the time he hits 100.

I'm just kidding though don't run! All of the above is a joke =]
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote