Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 08-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #29
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
Yeah, but I'm was in QC for a while. So I had not choice but to wait...
that's right...V8...that sucks. Hopefully you get yours soon!
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #30
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
My TURN!!!

I emailed my dealer as soon as you posted your pics today and asked if mine had come in since someone in Fillmore just got his. Dealer emailed right back and said "YES! It just came in an hour ago." They took these pics. I will post better pics when I go there to look and finalize things. GFX, black stripes, and engine cover will also need to be installed.

How dark is your tint going to be..I am thinking 20% back 2 windows and rear glass, and 35% front windows for mine.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by ffrcobra_65; 08-04-2009 at 06:48 PM.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #31
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
I emailed my dealer as soon as you posted your pics today and asked if mine had come in since someone in Fillmore just got his. Dealer emailed right back and said "YES! It just came in an hour ago." They took these pics. I will post better pics when I go there to look and finalize things. GFX, black stripes, and engine cover will also need to be installed.

How dark is your tint going to be..I am thinking 20% back 2 windows and rear glass, and 35% front windows for mine.

Nice!
Congratulations!!
When are you picking it up?

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #32
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone View Post
Nice!
Congratulations!!
When are you picking it up?
Honestly, now that it is here, I can't decide when I wanna pick it up.
I am debating to leave it there until everything gets installed and ready to go but that could be weeks for the GFX. I'll find out when the ETA for the GFX is and I will decide. I am at least going to go and take a look and maybe finalize the sale tomorrow..it is in Santa Barbara...1 hr drive from me.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #33
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Get it....NOOOOOOOOOW!
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #34
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

QUOTE=TheDarkKnight_23;758785]Get it....NOOOOOOOOOW![/QUOTE]

I know but I can wait. Knowing it is within my grasp and just waiting for me is enough for now. I thought of driving the FFR to pick it up but wife warned me I might be disappointed with the Camaro's performance when I jump into it from this car. She made a good point. So, I will be driving the slow but cool Original BumbleeBee to meet its Evil Twin "DCPTCN 1" for the very first time. That's right, it is the true BumbleBee from the original transformers!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-04-2009, 11:25 PM   #35
2SSOrgKrate

Drives: 2010 IOM LS3 2SS/RS
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Driving back from the car wash, in Santa Paula, I passed an empty car carrier on 126. It had "Fontana" for the drivers home town, on the doors. When I saw that, my first thought was for you. I some how knew that he was the guy that dropped yours off!

The GFX could take a couple weeks to arrive. I've decided to drive mine, while waiting. Of course, I don't have a FFR to pass the time with.

Congratulations pardner! Now, we need to get Linkwpc's Camaro delivered.
2SSOrgKrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:30 PM   #36
2SSOrgKrate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSOrgKrate View Post
Driving back from the car wash, in Santa Paula, I passed an empty car carrier on 126. It had "Fontana" for the drivers home town, on the doors. When I saw that, my first thought was for you. I some how knew that he was the guy that dropped yours off!

The GFX could take a couple weeks to arrive. I've decided to drive mine, while waiting. Of course, I don't have a FFR to pass the time with.

I forgot to answer the tint question. I'm doing the back three only. I have limo tint on the back window in my Dakota, but it's way to dark, when driving at night. The installer talked about going with 15%, but I'm thinking that may be too light. I'll have to see it, then decide what to go with. I'll report back with my decision.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:36 PM   #37
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
I forgot to answer the tint question. I'm doing the back three only. I have limo tint on the back window in my Dakota, but it's way to dark, when driving at night. The installer talked about going with 15%, but I'm thinking that may be too light. I'll have to see it, then decide what to go with. I'll report back with my decision.
thanks. I just might go 15 on the back 3 windows as well. 35 on front ones. Let me know what you decide and post pictures. Maybe I will use your tint guy if it comes out nice. At least then, he will have some experience doing a Camaro
Old 08-05-2009, 07:27 AM   #38
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Quote:

Do not forget pdari! He is waiting as well. Heres hoping today is the day!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:09 AM   #39
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Do not forget pdari! He is waiting as well. Heres hoping today is the day!

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #40
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Ok mines is here! I will be picking up soon and taking some great pics!
Old 08-06-2009, 11:10 AM   #41
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Ok mines is here! I will be picking up soon and taking some great pics!

Congrats! Post pics as soon as possible
Old 08-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #42
2SSOrgKrate

Quote:
Here's the bird's eye lowdown. I went with Limo tint on the little side windows and 15% on the back. Greg, at Solar Guard, did a really good and clean installation. $125. Bring cash or a check, if you use him. The enitre job took about 45 minutes. I am very well pleased with the outcome. Here are some pic's.
Attached Images