Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-03-2020, 01:55 AM   #29
2011SS2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS w/2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Warranty on the cats is 80,000 miles.

But if you're going headers then just ditch them and enjoy.
Yea, I have an appointment at the dyno-tuner Saturday to get Headers w/o cats, some other work, & a tune... Just wanted to know ASAP it wasn't an internal issue before getting any other work done.

Good to know the cat warranty lasts longer though. Never thought about that. Will know to look at it on other cars now.
2011SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:16 AM   #30
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011SS2SS View Post
Yea, I have an appointment at the dyno-tuner Saturday to get Headers w/o cats, some other work, & a tune... Just wanted to know ASAP it wasn't an internal issue before getting any other work done.

Good to know the cat warranty lasts longer though. Never thought about that. Will know to look at it on other cars now.
Now that you know how to get videos on here we need another one after the header install.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:20 PM   #31
2011SS2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS w/2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Now that you know how to get videos on here we need another one after the header install.
Alright... Will do!! I have a pretty cram packed schedule over the following week after Saturday, but I will get it up ASAP!!

I really appreciate all of the input/encouragement through out this process. Being new to this car/platform has been different. I've owned plenty of performance cars, but this one is different IMO. Maybe because it is a higher end car w/higher end cost... In any event, I am always second guessing myself when I diagnose it. So, it's great to have people who know the platform better & are experienced w/ it's nature.

Long story short I appreciate you guys & this forum. It has been a great resource for a guy who has only been into the Gen 5 for about 4 months. It is certainly different than the other Corvettes & Camaros I've owned.

One thing I really like about it thus far is I actually have a little more room to work under the hood of this one in most areas!! My 2000 Camaro was a BITCH to do even something as simple as change the plugs!! LOL.
2011SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote