Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #29
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNetGarage View Post
Is Bast Closing?????? I cannot believe that is true. THat is a big Mistake. They also closed down the dealer I am getting my car from. Thank GOd my car is already shipped, a month before they are closing. Wake up GM, closing good dealers is dumb.
The dealer may be a good dealer and take care of his customers, but hes not a high volume dealer. They are keeping open the dealerships that are making the most money. Low volume dealers dont bring in enough money so they are getting the axe. Sucks, but thats why they are gone.
Hesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #30
destroyer4

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2006 PT Conv.
Send a message via AIM to destroyer4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesh View Post
The dealer may be a good dealer and take care of his customers, but hes not a high volume dealer. They are keeping open the dealerships that are making the most money. Low volume dealers dont bring in enough money so they are getting the axe. Sucks, but thats why they are gone.
This one has to do with location. Plain and simple. There is a horrible dealership just 3-4 miles west of them and another about 6 miles east of them. There is also one about 7-8 miles north. They are just caught in the middle. They have been around for over 40 years and has the respect of MANY people around here. Do I know the financials of them no, but they do have a large customer base. There are many who are saddened by this loss.
6000, Delivered to the customer
7/7/09
destroyer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #31
CamaroUser

Drives: TrailBlazerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer4 View Post
This one has to do with location. Plain and simple. There is a horrible dealership just 3-4 miles west of them and another about 6 miles east of them. There is also one about 7-8 miles north. They are just caught in the middle. They have been around for over 40 years and has the respect of MANY people around here. Do I know the financials of them no, but they do have a large customer base. There are many who are saddened by this loss.
Its a shame the Bast is closing. They do have one of the best reputations in the NY metro area. I have been dealing with them for 20 years and they are professionals all the way. I know some dealers who where cut, fought it and won the right to stay open. AL! You guys are not going down without a fight are you? the probably picked you because your smack in the middle of this crowd of dealers and its the easiest way to spread it out. Everybody knows the best place to buy a new car is from a True Car Enthusiast!

Old 07-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #32
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesh View Post
We are on par with two of the three dealers surrounding us.

It's location plain and simple.

Thanks to Destroyer and Camarouser for the kind words.

It's a no win situation. We fought and lost.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #33
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z