Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #29
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
It all depends on why you bought the vents - mine are purely cosmetic - I have no perf adds - I'll keep the trays on.

If I see the need for lowering the temp of my bay in the future, I'll run without them.

It's that simple - we all have diff needs....
You're exactly right. The post wasn't mainly for you, it was for anyone who was on the fence about running with them off. I only posted to give people an update, because I know you personally kept posting over and over about how you were worried about stuff getting inside your engine bay and wanted a custom solution for your problem. We all do have different needs, and I'm posting for the guys needs who are similar to mine ; function and form, not just form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Agreed with above statement.

Heck I have the Hex Vents and T3 Vents in my hood. Currently leave both in place. I live in Texas 100 + heat and never had an issue with ultra high temps in my engine bay. Two don't want to mess around taking the trays off and on. Third who really cares. My car performs just as well on or off.

In fact incorporating LEDs to my trays this week so will never be removed.

I have seen many custom painted trays which look killer at shows in place. Most people are not looking at trays being off or on at shows anyhow.