Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-26-2016, 01:05 PM   #29
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaMISSILE View Post
It's not like EVERYONE driving down the road can see your plates. I never understood this issue for some. If someone wants to steal your car, they will (with or without seeing the plate online).

I know some of you will disagree. Alas, this is my opinion.

I am in the Army and have two Florida titled cars with Army plates.
98 Lexus GS400: N0 PT
15 Camaro Z/28: 913A (my military specialty)

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend all.
I agree as I have had a vehicle stolen, and the plate on the internet was the least of my issues!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:27 PM   #30
blackedOUTSS610

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
I own an SS and would think it was super cool to come out and see a z28 next to me!
blackedOUTSS610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:22 PM   #31
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
That has never been an issue. The real issue would be, writing your plate down while your car is parked, and "running the plate number and/or VIN". If that isn't enough for you, how about following you home while you aren't paying attention. To me those are good reasons to be paranoid!
Look you guys. If YOU don't care that's fine. That is NOT your car. No on ASKED the owner if he minded. Maybe he does maybe he doesn't. But that's not your decision to make for that person. What ever happened to common courtesy?

It's the difference between posting a red car and posting a red car with all that guys info attached to it on the web. AND...you didn't ask him if it was ok.

All I did was say you might want to blurr the plates since it's not yours and I get flamed? LOL
Old 05-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #32
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Cool pic, the other car looks tiny somehow. As for the plates some care, others don't. I as a consideration would blur it out.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:40 PM   #33
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Look you guys. If YOU don't care that's fine. That is NOT your car. No on ASKED the owner if he minded. Maybe he does maybe he doesn't. But that's not your decision to make for that person. What ever happened to common courtesy?

It's the difference between posting a red car and posting a red car with all that guys info attached to it on the web. AND...you didn't ask him if it was ok.

All I did was say you might want to blurr the plates since it's not yours and I get flamed? LOL

I don't think anyone flamed you.

The license plate technically doesn't belong to the driver anyways, it's state property. Think of it that way
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:17 PM   #34
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:

Then you might consider never ever taking a photograph out in a public place ever again, as you might be taking pictures of people's faces / things in the background and you probably never asked them if it was ok.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:26 PM   #35
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
What about the sideways stop sign on the left? How come that's it blurred out?
Old 05-26-2016, 03:37 PM   #36
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
Then you might consider never ever taking a photograph out in a public place ever again, as you might be taking pictures of people's faces / things in the background and you probably never asked them if it was ok.
For real? Cause they have tags hanging around their necks with their info on them? Come on......
I didn't say blur that freakin car. I just said the tags.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:02 PM   #37
49North1LE

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE G7C,
All the rest aside, I'm still trying to process why you two idiots parked under that "tree".
49North1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 04:05 PM   #38
Hunt-man

Drives: 2015 Z28 + Piper Comanche
Funny stuff.

If I see another Camaro, I'm parking next to it.
Hunt-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 04:45 PM   #39
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:
For real? Cause they have tags hanging around their necks with their info on them? Come on......
I didn't say blur that freakin car. I just said the tags.
For real..

I guess someone's face or other possibly identifiable items in the background of your pictures don't count... Because it's you.

Nice rhetoric!
Old 05-26-2016, 05:06 PM   #40
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
I would have no problem if another Camaro owner parked next to me. Not too many of them around here on the roads.

As for privacy clause. In general, the law does not protect us from being photographed in public places so long as no commercial use is made of our identifiable likenesses, HOWEVER, if the picture is accompanied with language to disparage the owner, you could be held liable.

It is perfectly legal to take a picture of a car with the plate exposed on any social media/website as long as there was no intent of harm being done. Out of courtesy I would have blocked it as well. If the owner noticed it on any social media site, or website he could ask to have it taken down and legal action could be pursued to force their hand to have it removed.
Google street view will blur all human faces & plates. You can also request to have your entire view of your home blocked as well.

68rssscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:54 PM   #41
Bradk83

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I try to park by any sports car, if I feel it's a nice stang, corvette, challenger, etc. then they will respect my car too. ive also went out of the way to park from people and come out and have a stang or another Camaro beside me which I think is cool.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:57 PM   #42
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
Some crazy people in this thread... Lmao...

"Don't park near me!".... "Don't look at my car!"....

People nowadays are crazy man....

Op, dont sweat it... I'd feel "honored" to have a z/28 guy parking next to me like that and then also taking a picture of my turd.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote