Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-22-2016, 09:08 AM   #29
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
First off, I'm limited on parking spots. We have two, and the second one could go at any time since I rent it from someone else in my building. So we can only have two cars.

Secondly, this is a Camaro. This is NOT a high-dollar car by any stretch of the imagination. My two choices in vehicles when I bought my 1LE were this, and a used 996 GT3 (still north of $75K), and even the GT3 isn't a rare enough vehicle for me to not drive it daily.

Ferrari 599 GTO ... rare. Ferrari F40, not so rare, but incredibly special. Porsche 918 ... rare. Camaro SS, not even remotely considered rare by anyone who knows anything about rare cars.

I bought my 1LE because its fun to drive. Not to look at it. Not to wash. Not to talk about. To drive.

So drive it I do.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:19 AM   #30
Notilloc

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
First off, I'm limited on parking spots. We have two, and the second one could go at any time since I rent it from someone else in my building. So we can only have two cars.

Secondly, this is a Camaro. This is NOT a high-dollar car by any stretch of the imagination. My two choices in vehicles when I bought my 1LE were this, and a used 996 GT3 (still north of $75K), and even the GT3 isn't a rare enough vehicle for me to not drive it daily.

Ferrari 599 GTO ... rare. Ferrari F40, not so rare, but incredibly special. Porsche 918 ... rare. Camaro SS, not even remotely considered rare by anyone who knows anything about rare cars.

I bought my 1LE because its fun to drive. Not to look at it. Not to wash. Not to talk about. To drive.

So drive it I do.
This sums it up perfectly! 40 years from now it might be worth 100k if enough of us destroy ours or 40 years from now it could be worth 5k or less. You never know but what I do know is that cars aren't a good investment but they are lots of fun. If you put 40k in a investment portfolio and in 40 years you didn't have 100k you're doing something very very wrong. I'll just drive mine until I completely destroy it or sell it to someone who wants to baby it but mine is a winter driving track whore that will live the kind of life the garage queens wish they had :P
Notilloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:19 AM   #31
MuIIet

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 1LE
My 2013 1LE frolicking in the snow
Attached Images

Last edited by MuIIet; 01-22-2016 at 09:35 AM.
MuIIet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:57 AM   #32
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
I don't drive mine in the snow, that's what I have my 4x4 Tahoe for. Not that I wouldn't be able to. I grew up in the North East and am very capable of doing so. Did it for many snowy years with my 3rd and 4th gen Trans-Am's with a good set of snow tires and being able to read the conditions and being careful.
I choose not to drive in winter weather because of all the other drivers out there that don't know how to drive in snow. In NC now, and let me tell ya, the folks down here really don't know how to drive in the snow, they barely drive ok in nice weather.

I'll be long gone from this earth by the time our 1LE's will be a valuable collectible, so drive it or don't drive it...To each his/her own.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:59 AM   #33
cowboy casey

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I see you think these are rare or high dollar cars...

With that in mind, do you think people who buy BMW, Mercedes, and Audi park there cars in the winter and do not drive them.. really??? All those cars can cost 2 times the amount of a 1LE, and they drive them every day, in snow, in rain... cars SUCK as an investment.. I bought this car to drive it daily, in snow, in salt, in potholes, in rain, in tornadoes Whatever happens it is a car meant to be driven and because it was built for the track it does a great job on crappy roads...

Here is a 70 thousand dollar Hyundai, because it costs that much you think it should be put in the garage for 5 months a year? BTW, it has more HP and TQ than our 1LE's...

cowboy casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:09 AM   #34
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I am 49. I will not live to see a day when these 1LE's are worth much if anything. Drive em boys.....drive em!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:10 AM   #35
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
No "cover of snow" for my car.
The only cover I want during the winter is this one !
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2016, 10:10 AM   #36
scarder123

Drives: Looking to buy 2014 1le
If I'm planning on DD my 1le than would anyone recommend buying different tires for everyday driving? or does it only depend on the weather?
scarder123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:22 AM   #37
maraging

Drives: 15 1ss 1le
Ive done it both ways. I prefer having a beater.
maraging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:38 AM   #38
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Whatever.
I pay for the car so I'll do what I want with it.
If you want to take over my car payment and insurance payment I'll be more than happy to abide by your thoughts.
Until then, **** you!
Also, nice car. I have no problem with people trying to keep their pride and joy perfect. I just have a problem with people trying to tell me what to do over the internet
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:56 AM   #39
Electric

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I bought my car so that I can enjoy it every day. When it snows, I’m the first one to get out and enjoy the powder before it gets plowed. It’s the car that will carry me around everywhere I need to be. Even when conditions get difficult, I still enjoy the fact that it is this “heroic” car that is taking me everywhere, in all weather conditions. Yes, there is wear and tear, yes there is extra risk, but it is exactly the car I wanted so that I can drive it everywhere, from autocross, to the skiing trips in the blizzard. I wouldn’t have it any one way.

I don’t need to make excuses that the beater requires maintenance and insurance, or any of the other BS (which is valid BTW.) The reason I drive my 1LE every day is because I want to drive it every day. Cars were meant to be driven.
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:34 AM   #40
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Hopefully, you dudes who drive your 1LE's in the snow, slush, on the highway, remembered to protect the front end with film.

Otherwise, replace your sandblasted windshields and headlights, and repaint your front chipped bumper, on these low riding cars, say after, 4-5 years?

Oh wait, no need, you will be trading in anyways, and keep the ball rolling with the banks, who most likely have the vast majority of the population by the balls anyways.

Flame me all you want, I even took off the flame suit ��.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:37 AM   #41
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Hopefully, you dudes who drive your 1LE's in the snow, slush, on the highway, remembered to protect the front end with film.

Otherwise, replace your sandblasted windshields and headlights, and repaint your front chipped bumper, on these low riding cars, say after, 4-5 years?

Oh wait, no need, you will be trading in anyways, and keep the ball rolling with the banks, who most likely have the vast majority of the population by the balls anyways.

Flame me all you want, I even took off the flame suit ��.
This is me to the 'T'. Spot on
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:42 AM   #42
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
I've got Xpel on mine

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote