Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-26-2016, 04:27 PM   #29
5alive

Drives: 2013 1LT
and one other thing...................why is there Dodge advertisement on this site....?????
5alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 06:19 PM   #30
zachking100

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 1LT
Haha I don't know about the dodge advertisement I am driving upstate tomorrow so I am going to fill up before I go home tonight, and reset it tomorrow when I leave since I will be driving for an hour and a half. I will see what happens and keep you all posted. I plan on taking it to my cousins friend who also drives a camaro, and seeing if maybe he can help me. Thanks everyone ill comment back tomorrow night.
zachking100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 06:26 PM   #31
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachking100 View Post
Haha I don't know about the dodge advertisement I am driving upstate tomorrow so I am going to fill up before I go home tonight, and reset it tomorrow when I leave since I will be driving for an hour and a half. I will see what happens and keep you all posted. I plan on taking it to my cousins friend who also drives a camaro, and seeing if maybe he can help me. Thanks everyone ill comment back tomorrow night.
A one day drive for 90 minutes isn't really a good gauge on what your MPG is. A couple fill ups over the course of a week or so will get you better and more accurate results.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:51 PM   #32
shags

Drives: 2016 SS Garnet Red A8
I k ow when I buy a K&N I've always washed it out of the box because they put so much oil on it because it sits on the shelf it will gunk up the MAF possibly. . I would wash it dry it and put just a little oil ..

shags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:32 PM   #33
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachking100 View Post
ok so I have checked everything around the engine to make sure I didn't knock anything over by mistake, and everything seemed to be perfectly fine. I have not tried to replace the original cold air intake yet I can't do anything with my car today sadly. I reset the MPG right after, and I reset it once a day ever since I put it back on. I did forget to disconnect the battery now that I think about it. Would that make that much of a difference I was told it was alright to leave it plugged in. I also didn't get a cleaning kit I will purchase one though, and when I get it see if cleaning the filter will work.
Disconnecting the battery is unnecessary, that's not it. I think you're just resetting it too much. Just drive it for awhile and you'll see this go back up. Remember, this is just an avg. So if you spend a lot of time at idle, it will make that number go down fast, stop and go traffic, all of that. Just give it some time under your normal driving and it will get back up there.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:26 AM   #34
zachking100

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 1LT
Hey guys it went up to 15 last night so I think its coming back. I tightened a few things last night on it to see if that would help. It helped I am pretty sure everything is going back to normal thanks guys.
zachking100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 02:05 PM   #35
5alive

Drives: 2013 1LT
Sounds like your on to something.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:44 PM   #36
vja 2014 zl1

Drives: 2018 Triple Black ZL1 A10
If you checked the MPG before the swap, drove the same as before the swap, there should have never been that big a difference in MPG. Hope you get it figured out.
vja 2014 zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote