Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-02-2010, 06:14 AM   #29
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
I've been in (but not driven) both an SRT-8 and a 2LT - basically the same interior as a 2SS just a different engine - and I can't say I was particularly impressed with the SRT-8's "luxurious" interior, unless you define luxury as interior volume, in which case yes the Challenger has an edge. In fairness though, I wasn't real big on the interior of the 2LT either - it's certainly nice, but I don't need leather seats and all that, it's just not my thing.

I don't mean to be a cynic but if I wanted real luxury I'd be looking at a car a lot nicer (read: much more expensive) than either of these two models. The Challenger and Camaro are still "just" muscle cars, even with the heated leather seats and so forth.

Now, if you want to talk about exciting interiors, I'd say the Camaro wins. The Challenger is just too sterile for me, like a two door Charger especially when you look at the dashboard - one thing I especially don't like is the aux input in the radio head itself, as opposed to the clean look the Camaro gets from having all that hidden in the center console. The more retro Camaro and Mustang have it beat easily there. On the other hand the Challenger is roomy and sitting in its back seat is actually practical for people who are old enough to shave, and there's something to be said for that.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #30
Tommy Pike Customs

Drives: 2010 TPC Camaro
We've had both and have worked on both. From the factory the Camaro I think was the better of the two. I like the dash layout better than the Challenger. Price on the Camaro is nicer too. I think it really comes down to what you are looking for.
Tommy Pike Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:54 AM   #31
Jayson9

Drives: 2SS
IMHO: If it's looks you are after, the Camaro by far. If it's butt dyno, Chally by far. If it's luxury/looks/speed, then you are missing the big dog in this fight which has both luxury, butt dyno and looks, it's the 300C SRT8. Driven all, and own both a 2SS and a CSRT8.

The CSRT8 is by far the better of the two for luxury and speed. Not too bad on looks, but the Camaro does beat it in that category (only). Also, don't forget that the CSRT8 can haul 4 peeps around as well - comfortally.
Jayson9 is offline   Reply With Quote