Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #29
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
I believe you are correct, this is not a warranty issue and should not be approached from that direction, I should have thought of that.....thanks

I spoke with GM Customer service today and they put me on the line with a guy who is contacting and works with the dealers as kind of a mediator I guess. Both the guy that answered the phone and the mediator, agreed that a new vehicle should not have rust and corrosion (like mine) I did explain that we are not going to be happy keeping this car and he understood my long term concern, but that I would have to work that out with the dealer.
Funny thing is i did not get a claim number? I did get the mediators name and number though. Might call back just to get the number......

So I am hopefull that this can be resolved with out a bunch of mud slinging! To me that never really ends well for any of the parties involved.

Again thanks to all of you for the information and support.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #30
Tenring

Customer Service Representative, sent you a PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:06 PM   #31
Tenring

As requested I took the car into the service department so they could do a further inspection. The outcome was similar to the first time, but that now they made a list of parts that they want to with GM's approval change out.

I used the time to talk to the sales manager about trying to make a deal and get out of this (rust bucket). He said the problem is they do not have any 2013's left, I said I will pay the difference (MSRP) in the 13 and 14 and even the higher finance percentage rate (I thought that would be fair) even though I did not create this issue. The numbers he came back with was me paying 8 to 10k more for the 2014!!!!!!! Unbelievable, when the MSRP is only about $1700............It has been repeated by more that one person there that GM will want them to take the hit on the car because they are a franchise.

Tired of being stuck in the middle, I do not care who takes the hit as long as it is not me, THE CUSTOMER who bought a new car only to get a damaged one, all I want is what I bought. Sorry for the rant but I am getting very frustrated now.

I will call GM customer service tomorrow and if there is no good reason not to, I am calling the BBB and the AAA to see what a neutral party thinks is fair.

Also guys, be sure you check out the dealer you might be making a purchase from and make sure they are a member of the BBB, the dealer I was trying to work with on this, for some reason is not!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:15 PM   #32
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Sounds like you might just want to go to another dealer and try to trade up ASAP.

If your willing to take the hit I'd go that route.

Otherwise I'd raise hell and don't leave the dealership until this is resolved....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:51 PM   #33
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
Has anyone at GM come up with the cause of this damage, what is the production date? Do you know anyone you trust that can check the car for you to see how deep the damage is? GM should step up and buy this car back without all this BS. One thing if they make out a crazy long list of parts and labor GM might reconsider. Hard to believe there are no new 13s in the states.

Last edited by TrekGTO; 05-27-2014 at 10:08 PM.
TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:21 PM   #34
Tenring

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekGTO View Post
Has anyone at GM come up with the cause of this damage, what is the production date? Do you know anyone you trust that can check the car for you to see how deep the damage is? GM should step up and buy this car back without all this BS. One thing if they make out a crazy long list of parts and labor GM might reconsider. Hard to believe there are no new 13s in the states.
One of the things they are planning to replace are the tie rod ends, the threads are all but gone and possibly will pose a problem sooner than later. I do not think that the corrosion is that deep but ? and it is all over the suspension and even lots of the frame, the paint is being pushed right out in areas. It is not a big problem right now, but my biggest concern is what it will look like, be like in the future.

The NEW 2014 I was looking at looked nothing like mine, it was clean underneath.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:53 PM   #35
TrekGTO

I would get an evaluation from a body shop, document the damage and take it to the TV stations, see if anyone will run it. Here we have on your side, they love to run stories like this.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:42 AM   #36
Tenring

Thanks for the advise, I will try to call GM again today.
I took a few pics of the rear of the car this time. All the small dust looking specs are rust, some pretty obvious what they are:
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2014, 07:46 AM   #37
potterluck
LukeB

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #3802
Check your certificate of origin, I have a Dart that is from Omaha, must have been a dealer trade.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:53 AM   #38
potterluck
LukeB

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #3802
Also, tell customer service you want an incentive code, they will give you most likely around $3500 (what they gave me for a bunk ass Impala I was sold) and try to get supplier discount and all of the rebates, it is Military appreciation month. Then use the supplier price and the code they send and you will be well under. I got my 13 2SS/RS/1LE for 37 brand new in March of 2013. I ended up trading it for a ZL1 but the supplier discount and the rebates will kill the cost of the car. Also if you are military make sure you have a USAA account.. another $750 off retail on a new Chevy.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:01 AM   #39
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
if GM told you to work it out w/ that 'suspicious' dealer..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #40
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
The NEW 2014 I was looking at looked nothing like mine, it was clean underneath.
Of course a new car does not look like yours underneath, No new car should look like that!

I would document everything you can about that car on Face Book and the BS at the Dealership and GM and get all the C5 members to make comments and I bet it would take off and GM and your Dealer would be begging you to take a new car replacement! Something like My New Rusty Camaro SS
Old 05-31-2014, 03:20 PM   #41
TrekGTO

Some good info here!
Old 05-31-2014, 05:09 PM   #42
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Wow, I am really sorry about this. Opened this thread and expected to see a few tiny microscopic bits of rust on the underside. Not so!

That looks like serious damage. You can tell by the picture with the exposed bolt having the threads rusted to dust. Other parts look used and/or badly surface damaged. I think you have a serious complaint here, that is almost certainly NOT a 'just from Oshawa' new 2013. There is more to the story.

Let us know how it goes. Make sure Chevrolet Customer Svc (William) is helping you too.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote