Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #29
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I use Turtle Wax Ultra Wet Shine in spray ... Put it on once a week and looks good all week ...

I have to disagree with you. Maybe I got a bad bottle, but I used it three times, let it dry overnight each time and all three times I'd wind up with black sticky stuff all over my car. Switched back to the Armour All foam and very happy with it.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #30
ScottieBlkSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS
Actually the best thing I have found to work is Formula 2000 and pour about 3 ounces of meguiars tire gel in it and shake it up good before each application, use a cotton wax applicator to apply it to the tires, for some reason that cotton applicator makes it have a deaper shine and best of all eliminates it getting everywhere if you spray it on the tire directly, tip of advise, the more you rub it in the better the shine,
Old 09-29-2010, 10:52 PM   #31
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
This lasts at least a week. It gives the tires a deep shine and water beads right off!
This is what I use....
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:42 PM   #32
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
I have been using this and love it. It seems to hold up very well between washes, too. I see they also sell a spray, I'll have to give that a try as well. I've never seen it in the stores.

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/produc...?T1=MEG+G13115
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:00 AM   #33
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
I've been using Stoner More Shine Less Time for years.. Really like it and their window cleaner.

Awesome stuff! It doesn't turn tires brown, doesn't attract a bunch of dust and last a long time.

I always wipe the tire after I spray it on though because I like the deep satin look instead of super shinny look.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:06 AM   #34
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Griots Garage Vinyl and rubber dressing

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...C+35+ounces.do
Old 09-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #35
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Can't believe how many of you guys use the ultra greasy, oil slick, dressings... I've just never been a fan of that look. Personal preference I guess, but I never like my tires to outshine my wheels LOL
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:06 PM   #36
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Can't believe how many of you guys use the ultra greasy, oil slick, dressings... I've just never been a fan of that look. Personal preference I guess, but I never like my tires to outshine my wheels LOL
+1 trillion.

This many posts and only one VRT recommendation? Step up to the big leagues guys. VRT makes tires look the way they should, deep and black.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #37
Adam's Polishes

Heck... I don't care if they necessarily use our stuff (I'd prefer they did, but lets be honest here)... I just really don't like the look of high gloss tire shines. There are a number of products on the market that produce a nice natural dark rubber look.

TIP: If you can see yourself in the reflection of your tires, they're too shiny. LOL
Old 09-30-2010, 12:18 PM   #38
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Heck... I don't care if they necessarily use our stuff (I'd prefer they did, but lets be honest here)... I just really don't like the look of high gloss tire shines. There are a number of products on the market that produce a nice natural dark rubber look.

TIP: If you can see yourself in the reflection of your tires, they're too shiny. LOL
I know, I'm just saying I remember one of these threads a year ago and every single post was Adam's VRT. Heck, that's what started me on Adam's in the first place.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:54 PM   #39
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
I use beer, beer makes everything better! lol
vinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #40
Adam's Polishes

I'll drink to that!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:09 PM   #41
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:

Make the VRT a daily deal, so we can see what a good tire should look like.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #42
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase V View Post
I use Armor All extreme tire shine too and it stays on a good week at least. and mines a DD
This one....
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote