Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #29
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post

No. Even in a twisted ricer's mentality, there's no way anyone thinks neons makes them faster....which would be the most widely accepted definition of "rice".

In the 90's, before Civics were thought of as sports cars by teenagers, I remember finding an outfit in my home county that blew neon signs. We talked to the shop manager and got a group deal for him to make simple tubes that we could run from our cars and trucks.

Tucked away and un-seen. If you can see the tubes you are way wrong. It's not for everyone, but it's not a new thing either...it's been around for a while. Just like anything else it can be done horribly wrong, or tastefully.
I remember back in the early 90's seeing a black 3rd Gen Camaro glide by with purple undercar neons. It was the first time I'd heard of or seen them. It looked fantastic. It's an extremely rare thing around here, perhaps that is why it's not seen as 'bad'. It's not overdone.

I'd almost forgotten about that until just now.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:17 PM   #30
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
My personal oppinion, I think they make any car look cheap. Kinda like chrome handles, chrome fender trim, bra's and bug shields, ect... Just because it bolts on dosnt mean it looks good. Ive put on several Streetglow Underbody Kits for people. Like its been said before, if you put them on right and they cant be seen then it looks pretty cool to people that are easily amused. But if you just slap them on and all you see is the neon tube then it looks extreamly bad! And dont use neons, use the LED stips that they sale now. They last alot longer and are more duable. But promise me one thing... if you do this, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont get the ones that change colours!!! If you do that then you might as well put a rainbow sticker on the back window. But yeah, its your car, do what ya want.
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote